Ford Forums banner

Colours

10K views 39 replies 18 participants last post by  xr8girl 
#1 ·
Well we had our poll on what colour a GT/GT-p should be so I did a bit of anlaysis today on what has been ordered/built to date. These are Vic figures only.

1st place goes to Blood Orange with a clear lead.
2nd place goes to Blueprint by a narrow margin from ..
3rd place goes to Phantom
4th goes to Citric Acid very nearly tied with ..
5th place Acid Rush

then a gap to the next few places which are all very close ....

6th place to Mercury Silver
7th place to Venom
8th place to Silhouette

then another gap to...

9th place to Blue Pearl
10th place White

and last place to Congo Green (which has now disappeared to be replaced by Harvest Green). In fact this Congo Green GT-p is the only one in the country as far as I can see and it came fully loaded.

Cheers
Russ

See less See more
#3 ·
bossxr8 said:
I believe the Congo Green GT-P is my mates old mans car. Every option and possibly the only one with that colour. He should pick it up from Gorrells next week.
Right dealership so I expect you are correct.
Russ

#5 ·
Interesting info russellw. Do you have a breakdown of the percentages ordered with / without stripes for the colours?

#6 ·
Good to see Blood Orange is 1st, I love it.

However whilst on the topic of Blood Orange, my brother-in-law seems to think it looks a bit "try-hard" and has referred to it as being a "peach" colour. I've continually told him I think it looks awesome, but he blatantly disagrees. Any opinions?

#7 ·
russell
how about figures on how many in each color & not %

can i ask how you stumbled accros these figures & are you in a position to to give me some info on how & where my order may be

regards
rod

#8 ·
Darn it,
I was going to order congo green for my GT-P but i already have my wifes car green. That Congo GT-P will be worth a bit in years to come as no more are made in that colour.

Elmer Fudd

#11 ·
I never liked Congo Green, they had an XR8 in that colour in the showroom at my local dealer for ages and it just didn't appeal to me. But the other day when I was waiting for everybody to show up for our Canberra Cruise a Congo Green XR6T with factory 18s drove past and I thought it looked horn! Maybe because it was out in the light of day and driving down the road and not stuck in a dingy showroom.

#12 ·
In answer to Shamus - the percentage of striped cars is very low especially in GT where they are a cost option.

After a bit more review - here are the raw numbers:

Victoria

Blood Orange - 46 (27 GTp / 19 GT)
Phantom - 30 (13 GTp / 17 GT)
Blueprint - 26 (12 GTp / 14 GT)
Silhouette - 18 (11 GTp / 7 GT)
Mercury Silver - 15 (10 GTp / 5 GT)
Citric Acid - 14 (4 GTp / 10 GT)
Venom - 11 (6 GTp / 5 GT)
Acid Rush - 10 (6 GTp / 4 GT)
Blue Pearl - 9 (5 GTp / 4 GT)
White - 5 (2 GTp / 3 GT)

Total 185 vehicles. GT 46.5% / GTp 53.5%. Manual 42.2 % Auto 57.8 % (although these figures are probably slightly skewed by the late availability of autos).

NSW

Blueprint - 27 (12 GTp / 15 GT)
Citric Acid - 23 (12 GTp / 11 GT)
Blood Orange - 20 (10 GTp / 10 GT)
Phantom - 19 (9 GTp / 10 GT)
Silhouette - 14 (9 GTp / 5 GT)
Mercury Silver - 13 (9 GTp / 4 GT)
Blue Pearl - 9 (4 GTp / 5 GT)
Acid Rush - 6 (2 GTp / 4 GT)
White - 6 (2 GTp / 4 GT)
Venom - 5 (all GT)

Total 142 vehicles. GT 51.5% / GTp 48.5%. Manual 45.0 % Auto 55.0 %

... and to save you the maths:

Combined

Blood Orange = 66
Blueprint = 53
Phantom = 49
Citric Acid = 37
Silhouette = 32
Mercury Silver = 28
Acid Rush = 16
Venom = 16
Blue Pearl = 16
White = 10

Total = 327. GT=48.6% / GTp = 51.4%. Man=43.4%

Cheers
Russ

#15 ·
Viper8LitreV10 said:

However whilst on the topic of Blood Orange, my brother-in-law seems to think it looks a bit "try-hard" and has referred to it as being a "peach" colour. I've continually told him I think it looks awesome, but he blatantly disagrees. Any opinions?
Buy yourself a bottle of Italian Orange juice (Parmalat sell em). You will find the colour to be very close to Ford's Blood Orange:cool:

#17 ·
327 GT/GTPs in what, 6 months? How many T1 - T3 cars were sold in total over 3 years? I think the GT is a winner! Wonder what the T series sales would have been had Tickford called them a GT instead of a T series? I guess we'll never know!

Love the blood orange. And suprised that the blue pearl is so low down the list. IF (really, big if, that one) I ever got one, I would go for the blue pearl with white stripes.

#19 ·
JCV8 said:
327 GT/GTPs in what, 6 months? How many T1 - T3 cars were sold in total over 3 years? I think the GT is a winner! Wonder what the T series sales would have been had Tickford called them a GT instead of a T series? I guess we'll never know!
Love the blood orange. And suprised that the blue pearl is so low down the list. IF (really, big if, that one) I ever got one, I would go for the blue pearl with white stripes.
Total T-Series numbers somewhere in the order of 600 and about half of those T3.

Blue Pearl comes with silver stripes by the way.

Cheers
Russ

#22 ·
i have been told by someone very very close to the top that come July-ish there will be another new colour like a dafodil yellow maybe and next febuary more new colours. so things are looking good,But totally these are not confirmed yet.

Elmer Fudd

#24 ·
Blood Orange will stay for now but there is at least one more colour under threat of extinction as the range is slowly revised. Looking at the colour chip for "Luscious" - the new red - it is a cross between Sparkling Burgundy and the colour it replaces (Barossa). Not too bad at all.

Cheers
Russ

#25 ·
The Ute figures for Vic and NSW

Vic

Blueprint = 9
Blood Orange = 7
Citric Acid = 6
Phantom = 4
Mercury Silver = 3
Blue Pearl = 2
Acid Rush = 2
Silhouette = 2
Venom = 1
White = 1

Total = 37

NSW

Blood Orange = 9
Blueprint = 7
Phantom = 6
Mercury Silver = 2
Blue Pearl = 2
Silhouette = 2
Acid Rush = 2
Silhouette = 2
Venom = 1
White = 1

Total = 32

Combined

Blood Orange = 16
Blueprint = 16
Phantom = 10
Citric Acid = 7
Mercury Silver = 5
Blue Pearl = 4
Silhouette = 4
Acid Rush = 3
Venom = 2
White = 2

Total = 69 Manual 52.17% Auto 47.83%

Cheers
Russ

#26 ·
Russell,

Do you have any info on the possible new daffodil like colour mentioned by Boss GT? l would love a GT in that colour which l imagine as being like that used by Holden on the Monaro.

We are looking at a July build/August delivery so we may be in luck if this colour does become available. What is the other colour that may get the chop?

Cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.