Comparing T3 with GT - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2002, 06:34   #1 (permalink)
disarm you with a smile

Comparing T3 with GT

So i was sitting here tonight looking at my pictures of the T3 Tseries and the new BA GT Falcon, and I have come to this conclusion.

Before reading this, drop all thoughts and knowledge of the XR series, because it is irrelevant to this discussion.

Some have said that the T3 was a wild over the top car, wicked body kit, awesome power, etc.

If you look deeply into the T3 you'll see a falcon. It's half way from AU falcon to BA falcon, what you would have had if there was an AU4 perhaps, because it doesn't exactly share the base falcon shape, but it does look like it came from the falcon.

Look at the T3's bodykit, that's cool, side skirts, front bar, mesche grille, lights in the front bar, rear wing, mesche inserts in the tailbar and that pretty much sums it up.

Now turn over to the GT falcon, and look at it, admire it, for what it is, we could call it a carry on from the T3.. it's wild, it's cool, and bloody stylish. (Look at SMS pics before the pics of the fpv yellow pictures)

The bodykit, now, whats it got?

sideskirts.. front bar.. mesche grille (look closely), lights in the front bar, rear wing, mesche inserts in the tailbar, and that pretty much sums it up.

Really? whats the big fuss about comparo then? It may look like the GT is XRish - but hey, compare an XR Falcon and an XR GT. Shyeah, i can tell the difference there!

So in all, when looking at the GT and making your conclusions, open your eyes people! you arent looking at it for what it is, you're looking for rice and plastic that may only come in ho form, which isnt a bad thing.

i just dont like hearing all these dramatic "disappointments" about the new gt falcon, it's the best car ford have ever produced by far, and things can only get better.

thats my word.
blackout is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2002, 16:39   #2 (permalink)
disarm you with a smile

great to see i got so many replies!

</sarcasm>
Old 10-18-2002, 16:45   #3 (permalink)

T3 styling looks better IMO, more radical, easier to distinguish from other model Falcons. That's my word...

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 16:53   #4 (permalink)
Code Monkey

there aint nothing wrong with the new GT!! all this talk about been able to identify it clearly is crap. look at at previous GT's exlcuding the EB and EL they werent all the differen from the base range.
lastly admire the car for what it is, one hell of a machine and the best car made by Ford to date. It has set a new level for which everyone has has to follow.
Old 10-18-2002, 17:15   #5 (permalink)
Wanting 5 Gears, Damnit!

This whole exercise is to boost the falcons image.
I'm glad the GT looks similiar to its younger brothers..
that way the whole lineup benefits from this.

true?
Old 10-18-2002, 17:27   #6 (permalink)
gone

Audio

I think you may be a day late with this issue...

also, it took a couple of re reads of your posts... its way too early in the morning for me!
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 17:57   #7 (permalink)
Newest Member

Quote:
Originally posted by kinobi
there aint nothing wrong with the new GT!! all this talk about been able to identify it clearly is crap. look at at previous GT's exlcuding the EB and EL they werent all the differen from the base range.
lastly admire the car for what it is, one hell of a machine and the best car made by Ford to date. It has set a new level for which everyone has has to follow.
You're kidding about the EBs end ELs aren't you??

You could distinguish them fairly easily from the car they were based on...
Tommy Boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 18:35   #8 (permalink)
Currently in Brasil

Quote:
Originally posted by Tommy Boi
You're kidding about the EBs end ELs aren't you??

You could distinguish them fairly easily from the car they were based on...
I think he means GTs _other than_ EB and EL werent easily distinguished??
ghentboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 21:11   #9 (permalink)
Newest Member

Oops... my bad... misread a few words.... Sorry..
Tommy Boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2002, 08:04   #10 (permalink)
No stars in my eyes

Quote:
Originally posted by kinobi

Yes to us the FORD FANS ......the GT will only be reconisable by a unique colour paint job and identifying the upside down XR8 front bar as it drives past you. But in 1992 the EB-GT colours was exclusive to the GT but a year later all the XR's were optioned with the same colours as the EB-GT.....so in 12 months time when Xr's are running around with the same colours as the new GT it will lose it's identifying appeal. Holden made the same mistake with tiger paint which should have been exclusive too the SS series........Ford are already doing it with Blueprint.....T3 comes out with Blueprint....a unique colour..then comes along XR's with the same colours.....thank god you could easily tell them apart. With the new XR's and GT's....they will almost look identical.
firefox7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum