David flint discusses Ford Fan's demands for a GTHO... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2005, 23:28   #1 (permalink)

David flint discusses Ford Fan's demands for a GTHO...

Article in Drive.com.au by David Flint talking about a GTHO as demanded by fans....

We want GT HO: Ford fans

http://www.drive.com.au/editorial/ar...vf=2&bg=1&pp=0

The last few paragraphs quoting Payne from HSV seem totally arrogant and stupid. Correct me if I'm wrong but I've never read an official comment by Ford or FPV ever rubbishing their opposition....and for the record I love my sausages burnt on the bbq, a deli is where I buy my ham.....
Curls is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2005, 23:36   #2 (permalink)
XFFAIRMONT

Re: David flint discusses Ford Fan's demands for a GTHO...

What bullshit! They got so many different varients of the HSV just as a money making scam i reckon. Not for niche!

The GTHO needs to be potent and HSV knows that and i reckon they are scared.
Old 05-06-2005, 00:19   #3 (permalink)
The Deputy Dogg.

Quote fom HSV
Quote:
"FPV, after many years of not being able to get a performance car business working, copied everything that HSV did."
Copied the push rod V8's ??? i think not.
Old 05-06-2005, 00:52   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon coupe
Quote fom HSV

Copied the push rod V8's ??? i think not.
Nah, Ford just put an OK-looking facelift on their biggest failure, gave it heaps of grunt, and co-indcidently started winning races at the same time. I guess you could say they got their act together.
That Payne guy spouts just as much shit as Sir Brock. "We've got 50,000 cars on the road, .....but it's not about volume", huh?
He can have his delicatessian, most of the people who drive them look like they own or work in one.
Old 05-06-2005, 01:02   #5 (permalink)
Tornado F6

The fact he is discussing the GT HO is in itself a good sign and I think welcomed by all Blue blooded members.

As for HSV … well I think from an engineering point of view I would be much happier working with a quad overhead camshaft engine any day considering the HSV alternative of a single camshaft pushrod engine….

How the hell would they meet the emission std’s and develop the required HP with a single camshaft in the coming years?

Never ever happen! In fact I’d say HSV would be doing some serious head banging about now wondering how to combat the Surge in PFV sales and in 6 months time when the 6 Speed auto is released and the F6 Clutch fitted to the GT and a power upgrade HSV will be found wanting BIG TIME.

I Think in the months ahead the F6 will make a huge impact as well which will possibly force HSV to take a new direction as they have nothing that can be so easily tuned for minimal $$ that will get close to it..
2003 White RTV Ute
Tornado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 01:21   #6 (permalink)
FF Moderator

HSV won't care about FPV's 6 speed auto or quad cam technology, they know their buyers can be easily lured with sexy 19" wheel, tech gimmicks and big horsepower alone. Anything extra is interesting; however engineering technology and god forbid, driver comfort is of little interest to them from a selling point of view. I don’t see their market asking for a 6 speed auto either, but I do see them asking that the current 4 speed auto can handle gobs of grunt while holding a beer at the same time..lol

I'll give them that. They know and really understand their buyer.

WASP GT - Mk2 6 speed + Herrod =

Last edited by CDAA; 05-06-2005 at 01:26.
CDAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 02:31   #7 (permalink)

Sounds like a bit of spilt milk!

Bring on the HO!
TS 50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 03:19   #8 (permalink)

Whats sausages got to do with it you knobhead Payne?.At least FPV are diversifying and moving forward with an Aussie F6 and Turbo's, despite the bagging from MOTOR. How many guys have only had the choice of buying import ricers. I know somethings working for well for FORD when my brother in law dumps his shitbox calais for a brand new red XR Turbo!
Old 05-06-2005, 03:35   #9 (permalink)

HSV are building some shit cars at the moment. have a look at the Avalanche it is so ugly, it looks like HSV got the yettie to design it.
Old 05-06-2005, 03:57   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDAA
I'll give them that. They know and really understand their buyer.
I agree CDAA, (making a generalisation) but to Holden/HSV fans it's all about the numbers, be that acceleration figures or outputs. They will gladly sacrifice some ride comfort or a better looking interior as long as the bragging rights "at the pub" are in their favour. There's nothing wrong with that because it's what their customers want and Holden/HSV happily serve it out at great profit so no-one can complain. The arrogance is annoying and only, repeat only, when a Blue oval badged product completey destroys anything from the evil empire on the drag strip will HSV fans also loose their arrogance.

On an engineering side note, I feel Holden/HSV just do enough and even when they would seem to have the potential to take a clear advantage don't go that far. Take the HFV6 for example.. on paper a Falcon I6 killer, in reality still under-done (esp. 175 version) and no better then the I6 at all. Fiddled to death with the A4 and still mediocre at best, rear IRS, major-tweak only once putting back the original extra link while Ford went the double-wishbone (AU) and then control blade route. When possible Ford seems to go to "best practice" (although not always often enough). And I still think that Ford is paying the price for dropping the V8 in 1982 as a whole generation only saw a Holden V8 which helped with marketing perceptions and built a massive fan base made even worse for Ford with the AU and its inital fleet pricing policy coming off a heavily discounted ELII which burned resales when VT was released.
Curls is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum