Downgrade or Upgrade ??? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2002, 23:14   #1 (permalink)
goooone

Downgrade or Upgrade ???

My mates uncle is selling his 2001 model 911 Turbo for a BA GT he was that impressed it is the first time he has bought an Aussie car in years I can't remember his entire car collection but I know it will be sitting beside a 60s model Mustang that he races an awesome GT40 replica a Jag XKR a Lotus a Lamborgini a Jeep Wrangler 2 or 3 E-Types & a couple of late model Mercs & BMWs but he says the GT will most likely become his daily driver
Mr Jucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2002, 23:39   #2 (permalink)

He's got a bit of european and american to his collection so why not an aussie car?
Good on him i'd say.

JG33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2002, 01:14   #3 (permalink)

Sounds like a good bloke to know - does he need any help keeping them all in good running order? I'll volunteer to drive a couple a week for him to makes sure everything is A1 with them. Don't suppose he'd want to adopt a 48 year old son?
T3man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2002, 03:12   #4 (permalink)

As much as I like the GT I could never imagine why someone would sell a 2001 911 Turbo for it, a BIG mistake!!! A car thats up there with ferraris and lambos being traded in for a perfomance car based on a family sedan.
drone351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2002, 01:16   #5 (permalink)
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel

I have to agree with drone351. As much as the GT is an Aussie icon, that's all it is, an Aussie icon. The 911 is a world wide icon.

I definitely think it's a down grade.

Though having said that, if he is anything like me, if he is driving one car and thinking about another he will not be happy with what he has.

As long as he is happy with what he's got, well good on him.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum