Drive.com.au, get a life! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2002, 18:07   #1 (permalink)
Australian Ford Member

Drive.com.au, get a life!

They're so thrilled with a concept car?lol

quote:

The SSX also overshadowed the revival of the Ford Falcon GT, 35 years after the original was born.

Unlike the old models, the new one has no stripes, just a bold colour scheme. It goes on sale in February, for about $65,000.

At least they gave a hint about the price, which is very good.And the XR8 will be for $51-$53,000 estimate.

Couple of real nice reads at carpoint.com.au
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2002, 20:34   #2 (permalink)
plonky

I think it has been well canvassed that Drive (a Fairfax paper) has previously written articles that have not been appreciated by readers of this forum (Ford Australia fans)

Now that was a nice way of saying what I really think (but won't print it)
Old 10-19-2002, 20:40   #3 (permalink)
Code Monkey

same goes for news limited, in todays courier mail the first 3/4 of the article is about the monaro 427 ans SSX and the last 1/4 about the GT
Old 10-20-2002, 02:47   #4 (permalink)
Still Here! Barely...

This makes me so angry! Ok when the Monaro came out all the journo LOVED IT "ohhhh its soooo wonderful" and it wasnt wild or anything. It was just a coupe version of a VX with a different grill and tailights. No monaro stripes, no nothing. It just looks nice, because it was a holden everyone loooooovvved it, like it was an amzing fight of design. But now the GT, the kit is subtle but agressive and it has an awesome stance. but no, it doesnt have the stripes, it doesnt have a shaker, it doenst have 300+ kws!!! but yet, its the torque that gets you excited as it thrust you forward and knowing ford, it will have handling like no other! Its the corners that are the most a fun and challenging anyway! Its a whole package! But no.... Holdens hatch thing is better, oohhh its looks wild... ohhhhhhh ITS A CONCEPT and will probubly NOT go into production (like the utester!). Who cares about Ford.... i laugh when people say that aussies support the underdog,w e dont, we kick dirt in their faces!

Proud DUAG member!

Under a smidge bit of construction - *http://au.geocities.com/crystalized13/*
fordchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 02:49   #5 (permalink)
Still Here! Barely...

Sorry if that was a bit rude.. i just needed to get that off my chest... i am a very passionate person!
Its allll good now, i go and take my pills!! LOL

Proud DUAG member!

Under a smidge bit of construction - *http://au.geocities.com/crystalized13/*
fordchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 02:53   #6 (permalink)

There is no point mentioning concept cars that will not see production now even the Holden guys begrudgingly admitted that at the SMS. They are just hiding they lack of mumbo in their current range. Im sure Ford could play at the same game if they wanted to go all retro with a GTHO mockup with a wild bodykit at the motor whack a BB motor in it some scary power figures (has the GTO Coupe actually and more than a mock up?) and the journos would be wetting themselves like a bunch of kids. Everyone knows drive is biased (Dr Hammburgler) even FordMoCO do.
The Fonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 03:43   #7 (permalink)
We Love Greb Murpy

Quote:
Originally posted by fordchick
Sorry if that was a bit rude.. i just needed to get that off my chest... i am a very passionate person!
Its allll good now, i go and take my pills!! LOL
Don't worry about it. It's true.
ford.boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 03:52   #8 (permalink)
Ford Member

I bet you all 100 dollars that the SSX will be made.

I reckon 18 months. I went to the motor show the other day and no one could stop talking about it. It looks so damn sexy, its what the HSV's should look like. That front grill is just too damn nice.
He|mut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 04:31   #9 (permalink)
Kodak Moment

Go to thier website and see...."Test drive a Commodore..." They're sponsored by Holden and that is clear in the way they write thier articles. That's why I treat Drive as nothing but a bullshit site.
marine1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 04:42   #10 (permalink)
disarm you with a smile

fordchick - will you marry me?

and to the ssx thing - they said its going to be released within two years, but odds on, it wont look too much like that.. it will change in that time, and probably loose its appeal.

im still stoked that there wasnt any concept cars by ford.. i still think thats what a motorshow is about really, showing cars that can make you stop and look in awe.

even if they are production or not.. i know the gt was the main thing.. but something like the raptor would have been an asset to the ford stand.

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum