Drivetrain shudder on takeoff? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2005, 18:09   #1 (permalink)

Drivetrain shudder on takeoff?

I have got a MKII GT and everytime I takeoff in 1st (or reverse) if the revs aren't decent enough (at least above 1500), I get drivetrain shudder. Is anyone experiencing this and is this just pretty much standard on the GT/GTP front? Does the GT/GTP just need decent rpm to takeoff or otherwise you will get this shudder effect? I have only done 2000km and its the six speed!
GT0193 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2005, 00:36   #2 (permalink)

Re: Drivetrain shudder on takeoff?

i have a mark1 gt and it has a clunk inbetween gear changes, but it's not a shudder. it's more like backlash in the diff. check out my post "clunking in the diff?"
joecub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 04:24   #3 (permalink)

I get the clunking in the diff if I am not doing smooth gear changes as well (this takes a bit to get used to as you need to slightly ride the clutch out on your gear changes).
Old 04-05-2005, 01:11   #4 (permalink)
BOS-54L

same clunking prob. with my XR8
Old 04-05-2005, 05:51   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT0193
I have got a MKII GT and everytime I takeoff in 1st (or reverse) if the revs aren't decent enough (at least above 1500), I get drivetrain shudder. Is anyone experiencing this and is this just pretty much standard on the GT/GTP front? Does the GT/GTP just need decent rpm to takeoff or otherwise you will get this shudder effect? I have only done 2000km and its the six speed!
i have a MKII and i dont have the shudder i would say there is something rong with the cluch or pressure plate or fly wheel id say the fly wheel has been cooked and will need to be skimed, and no it it should take off smooth time to c the dealer CHEERS.
GT Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 23:05   #6 (permalink)

I think it may be your clutch or gearbox related.
Old 04-06-2005, 09:32   #7 (permalink)
Horse-Power Hungry

I Had the same shudder, bent cluch. Replaced under warranty good ever sice, 45,000k's

Oh Yeah.... still clunks
Old 04-07-2005, 05:25   #8 (permalink)

I get the shudder in the F6 but we all know how bad that clutch is.....

Matt
Mattm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 08:16   #9 (permalink)

I get a shudder when I take off and the clunk especially when I'm downshifting into 2nd gear or if I dont get the revs up a bit when shifting, but if i give some it is perfect. I have had the problem since word go and my XR6T 6speed has only done 1000ks. Booked into the dealer to see if they can sort it out
Old 04-08-2005, 06:37   #10 (permalink)

Brought in the car for dealer to service, they still say that the clutch shudder is normal for the GT/GTP's, you need decent RPM to get them off the line. They say it is more like engine shudder (sounds like bulls..t to me). Funny thing is they found some vibration in the driveline when hard accelerating. After holding onto for 2 days, they replaced tailshaft and re-balanced. Will let you know how it goes!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum