DVD Entertainment system - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2003, 01:29   #1 (permalink)

DVD Entertainment system

I did not want to post anything until the issue was resolved.

Gregory's (in Canberra) have decided to replace the unit with the new design at their cost as Ford and FPV are refusing to acknowledge a problem!!

The issue is this: To change DVDs, you must pull over, get out and lift the seat adjustment lever. I consider this a safety risk and got advise from department of fair trading that this was not explained to me before the purchase and was entitled to a full refund. Also the department of fair trading was concerned that Ford and FPV refuse to support the DVD player because it is third party from Everovox yet advertise it in their Ford pamplets. They stated this was directly against trading regulations (sponsorship is not allowed - ie, you cannot advertise a product as yours and supply someone elses).

The replacement unit changes the DVDs in the roof, where they always should be.

While I am happy that Gregory's have done the right thing by me, I am unhappy that Ford/FPV were absolute arseholes and have to learn customer relationships.

I am particularly unhappy that dealerships are ordered to use Ford accessories yet get no support from Ford if they are found inferior. Eurovox don't get two #$% about Ford cars and Ford should look elsewhere, rather than tell customers Eurovox won't change it. Eurovox refuse to speak to the end customer because Ford ordered the part, not the customer.

Ford, learn from Holden and GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER. You have a good product, sack ALL your customer relationship people - and start rom scratch - it's impossible to go backwards from here.!!!
eightoftwelve is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2003, 16:55   #2 (permalink)

Re: DVD Entertainment system

Sorry you had so much grief.

We went the aftermarket option and used a PS2 as the DVD player. Much better (wide) screen from Pioneer, gaming for the kids, cheaper (Johnny got no LCT), and the service and installation from Autobarn in Burleigh was first class.

Highly recommend this option if anyone is considering the DVD player.

This car just gets better and better!
npb555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 20:36   #3 (permalink)
Bourbon powered V8

npb555 - how much for the full install?

AU1 XR8 Auto 147.9 rwkw (approx 215 fwkw)

AU2 Wagon HAD Auto
17s, Pacemakers, 3" Intake & Pod filter (The Family Hack)

Member of:
FPV-XR Club ACT
AUFalcon.com
ATPS (honorary)
JC-XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 22:40   #4 (permalink)

I am doing the same.... two plasma screens in the sunvisors and a xbox..... all up around 1500 installed, and i get the extra screen!
daves8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 16:55   #5 (permalink)

JC,

$1,999 for the Pioneer Screen and 1 headphone ($199 for additional headphone set)
$329 for the PS2
$450 for installation and parts (modulator/brackets etc).

There are cheaper screens available (4:3 aspect ratio), but I trust pioneers products and wanted 16:9 AR so went with them. Picture quality is spot on.

This car just gets better and better!

Last edited by npb555; 10-15-2003 at 16:57.
npb555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 18:24   #6 (permalink)

Took a look at the new unit today. Car not back yet due to an issue with the airbags.

New unit has 16:9 AR (unexpected!), DVDs inserted in roof unit. Looks awesome. Will keep you up to date on how it performs.
Old 10-21-2003, 23:04   #7 (permalink)

Looks like your problems might be finally resolved.

"FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria"
If you have an XR6, XR8, T-Series or FPV vehicle (GTs) why not join.
Motorsport,Show n Shine,Cruise days,Factory tours,Special events
FPV and XR Owners Club of Victoria

www.fpvxrclub.com
Extra's Leather seats, Sunroof, Premium Sound, Satellite Navigation, Reversing Sensors,
GTP 320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 02:21   #8 (permalink)

I'd say pretty much all TVs are 16:9 that go in cars now. And Plasma in a car?? I think you're talking about LCD, which potentially is better technology than Plasma anyways.
chevypower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 03:03   #9 (permalink)
gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightoftwelve
I did not want to post anything until the issue was resolved.

Gregory's (in Canberra) have decided to replace the unit with the new design at their cost as Ford and FPV are refusing to acknowledge a problem!!

The issue is this: To change DVDs, you must pull over, get out and lift the seat adjustment lever. I consider this a safety risk and got advise from department of fair trading that this was not explained to me before the purchase and was entitled to a full refund. Also the department of fair trading was concerned that Ford and FPV refuse to support the DVD player because it is third party from Everovox yet advertise it in their Ford pamplets. They stated this was directly against trading regulations (sponsorship is not allowed - ie, you cannot advertise a product as yours and supply someone elses).

The replacement unit changes the DVDs in the roof, where they always should be.

While I am happy that Gregory's have done the right thing by me, I am unhappy that Ford/FPV were absolute arseholes and have to learn customer relationships.

I am particularly unhappy that dealerships are ordered to use Ford accessories yet get no support from Ford if they are found inferior. Eurovox don't get two #$% about Ford cars and Ford should look elsewhere, rather than tell customers Eurovox won't change it. Eurovox refuse to speak to the end customer because Ford ordered the part, not the customer.

Ford, learn from Holden and GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER. You have a good product, sack ALL your customer relationship people - and start rom scratch - it's impossible to go backwards from here.!!!

Can you clarify a couple of things for me, what unit are you talking about?

As far as i was aware, Eurovox do not make anything here, its a stradle of various components from different manufactures.

Do you have pics or details of this Eurovox unit as I have several contacts in Eurovox Melb.

BTW, with anything you by, it is always buyer beware, it should have been upto you to check the operation of the System

Here is a link to my DVD setup in the Explorer!

http://www.fordforums.com/attachment...chmentid=15087

Last edited by laminge; 10-22-2003 at 03:26.
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 20:57   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by laminge
BTW, with anything you by, it is always buyer beware, it should have been upto you to check the operation of the System
Your wrong!!

Even Kmart with refund an item if it does not work as expected. It is up to the selling place to describe the item to you in detail BEFORE you buy it. If it does not work as expected, you are entitled to a full refund.

How can you check the operation of the system before you get one? Do you expect the dealer to buy one in and install it before you say yes and hand over green folding stuff? I don't think so!!

The unit (REXX) is suppositily supplied be Eurovox. I cannot confirm this but Ford do not make the units, so someone has to.

The new REXX3 unit also supports MP3s - quite unexpected. Cannot yet give you a full rundown as the car was accidently damaged during installation. Dealer has already agreed to pay to fix - no questions asked.

While I am disappointed it was damaged, the dealers actions were unexpected and I was relieved. (The damage was not noticed until the next day). They require the car for 5 days.

For info, they over extended the front passenger door removing the old unit from under the seat. This requires body work and repaint of front left door and front left guard.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum