F6, a GT Owners Critique - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2005, 01:32   #1 (permalink)

F6, a GT Owners Critique

Well, what can I say, jeezus it was quick!! Mind you it was not your standard F6 either but an Xtreme tuned and modded one. 307rwkws with a thicker anti-sway bar, damn did that make a difference to the handling as I had driven a stock F6 on the same stretch of road and found it a bit light into corners etc (compared to the GT). Anyhow, once one gets used to the 6th gear set up, this car hummed, there are a few MX5 owners spitting dust and bugs out of their mouths about now (over took a club run, all with their tops down too!)

The torque was amazing, no comparison to the XR6T.

The after market exhaust gave it a nice note, will never sound like a V8 but!!

You have done a magnificent job Simon on doc's car, very nice indeed, had a great time, except when Rick made me drive in 5th and 6th.

Now, what can you do for the 'fox'?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2005, 19:24   #2 (permalink)
Conan

Re: F6, a GT Owners Critique

Would it convince you to trade the GT? I am thinking about upgrading the missus' XR6T, and the more I read the more I think it would be right.
Old 08-08-2005, 00:16   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by conan
Would it convince you to trade the GT? I am thinking about upgrading the missus' XR6T, and the more I read the more I think it would be right.
Upgrade the missus's XR6T by all means, but trade the GT in.........never!!!!
Old 08-08-2005, 05:30   #4 (permalink)
Magnificence in Motion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhawk

I said to the ICWS ( In Car Whingeing System )
"What's the problem, it's a victimless crime...except for him, he lost!"

XcelR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 08:24   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
i got rid of the GTP today mate, Got ripped off big time on the trade but hey... Im over it. The F6 It stole me... If you had fun in Doc's.. wait till you drive mine
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 17:12   #6 (permalink)
TuffZc and pursuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme F6
i got rid of the GTP today mate,

You bloody traitor.......and I thought you sounded like a nice guy

*UPDATE * Pursuit has just run 11.763 and 116.18 mph making it Australias Quickest and fastest unopened boss as well as Australias Quickest and fastest naturally aspirated Boss
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 20:48   #7 (permalink)
FF Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme F6
i got rid of the GTP today mate, Got ripped off big time on the trade but hey... Im over it.
You sold the GTP without tell me??????????????? what did you get for it? (only answer that question if you want to mate)

WASP GT - Mk2 6 speed + Herrod =
CDAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 20:56   #8 (permalink)
FF Moderator

Quote:
Well, what can I say, jeezus it was quick!! Mind you it was not your standard F6 either but an Xtreme tuned and modded one. 307rwkws with a thicker anti-sway bar, damn did that make a difference to the handling as I had driven a stock F6 on the same stretch of road and found it a bit light into corners etc (compared to the GT). Anyhow, once one gets used to the 6th gear set up, this car hummed, there are a few MX5 owners spitting dust and bugs out of their mouths about now (over took a club run, all with their tops down too!)

The torque was amazing, no comparison to the XR6T.

The after market exhaust gave it a nice note, will never sound like a V8 but!!

You have done a magnificent job Simon on doc's car, very nice indeed, had a great time, except when Rick made me drive in 5th and 6th.

Now, what can you do for the 'fox'?

Now back to the topic, it's interesting that you have driven a 'warmed over' F6 and your still happy with your GT. Pleased to hear it actually. I've driven an F6, but was before the clutch fix etc and are keen to drive another soon. I'd buy one but Ive already done the turbo thing, twin turbo in fact. The RZ TT had fantastic performance in all respects, yet I still missed the V8 terribly. I'm concerned that if I buy an F6, I'll still lust after a GT. Speed isn't everything I know now, but it's sure makes things fun!

Old 08-08-2005, 21:01   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDAA
Now back to the topic, it's interesting that you have driven a 'warmed over' F6 and your still happy with your GT. Pleased to hear it actually. I've driven an F6, but was before the clutch fix etc and are keen to drive another soon. I'd buy one but Ive already done the turbo thing, twin turbo in fact. The RZ TT had fantastic performance in all respects, yet I still missed the V8 terribly. I'm concerned that if I buy an F6, I'll still lust after a GT. Speed isn't everything I know now, but it's sure makes things fun!
Standard F6 vs standard GT? I'd take the GT any day. Modded F6 VS modded GT, gimme the F6, if you are a performance loonet the GT won't make the grade performance wise when the modding begins. Best to have one of each
Pedders Shocks & Springs,Whiteline Swaybars, Manta Exhaust System, Twin 3 inch High Flow Cats & 4 inch Dump Pipe, Injectors and High Vol Pump, FPV Mats, Tinted Glass
Whhoooosssshhh

350rwkw XTREME EDIT
The Real Performance Thing
HSV What ?
and 013, Lightning Strike:
Twin 2.5 Mandrel Bent Exhaust, High Flow Cat, CAI & Pedders Suspension
Hypnodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 21:22   #10 (permalink)
FF Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnodoc
Standard F6 vs standard GT? I'd take the GT any day. Modded F6 VS modded GT, gimme the F6, if you are a performance loonet the GT won't make the grade performance wise when the modding begins. Best to have one of each

Both would be ideal wouldn't it?
I only plan to add an exhaust, CAI and an edit to the GT. If bought an F6, maybe just an high flow cat, injectors and an edit. I know the F6 would be the faster of the two, but the GT would most likely be fast enough.

Plus after the RZTT I only have a few points left on the licence I can't believe I would even say this, but for public road use the RZTT was almost too fast. I imagine an modded F6 would place me in the same (or much worse) position.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum