Flow testing your Boss! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2004, 05:29   #1 (permalink)

Flow testing your Boss!

Well im one of the lucky ppl who have the privilege to use world class equiptment. This Flow bench isnt used for general flow testing and is exclusively used for racing cylinder heads from all makes of motor sport. Its been fully developed and designed in Australia (western!) and has some of the most impressive specs you could imagine.

Accuracy + or - 0.75%
Repeatability + or - 0.1%
Flow capability of over 1000 cfm (over 2000 h.p.)
Depressions up to 120"
Port velocity mapping
Valve seat flow mapping
Swirl measurement
Wet flow
Fully computerised flow numbers, weather correction, depression control, etc.

What ive decided to do is actually start to flow every part of the Boss and post them in here for those of you that are Truely interested. Im going to prove flow of throttle bodies ect and if anyone is interested in donating a cylinderhead i would see to it being flowed with manifolds ect at no cost to anyone all in the bid for everyones Knowledge.

The bench itself. Well heres a link to it

http://niglish.homestead.com/files/t...re_019__1_.jpg Just copy paste if it doesnt work direct.

I will show all charts and figures on here for youa ll to view.

BTW i mean EVERYTHING , filters and air boxes. Im not doing this for person gain to charge ppl money. Hope all this will help and i will start next week.
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2004, 05:41   #2 (permalink)
rod

Re: Flow testing your Boss!

greetings Simon
thats a great idea, i would love to see how the manifold flows with the head as that would show us were we could find some huge gains

all we need is for somebody to pull the heads from there engine, leave that with me i may know were we can borrow one from

the flow bench is looking great, is that one of my SBC head on there, dont forget to send me the pair

regards
rod
Old 09-16-2004, 05:55   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rod
greetings Simon
thats a great idea, i would love to see how the manifold flows with the head as that would show us were we could find some huge gains

all we need is for somebody to pull the heads from there engine, leave that with me i may know were we can borrow one from

the flow bench is looking great, is that one of my SBC head on there, dont forget to send me the pair

regards
rod

lol Hi Rod!.

We also have wet flow ect so it will be well worth the effort and u can find me a head.
Old 09-16-2004, 06:05   #4 (permalink)
Movin!

That will be interesting Simon, particularly in which parts may be greatly improved with a better flowing design etc and just how good the stock t/b and heads are. Would be handy in anyone interested in playing around with cai designs etc too

Can you give us a bit of info as to how the bench actually works, how the flow is measured etc?
Old 09-16-2004, 06:15   #5 (permalink)

I thought this was already going on down here...
Old 09-16-2004, 06:27   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodderz
That will be interesting Simon, particularly in which parts may be greatly improved with a better flowing design etc and just how good the stock t/b and heads are. Would be handy in anyone interested in playing around with cai designs etc too

Can you give us a bit of info as to how the bench actually works, how the flow is measured etc?
As much as i would love to i cant disclose that sort of info I just cant.. 2 years of development and basicly an open cheque book to give nothing but the best......This isnt your typical Style of bench. Its not used for comercial products. Like i said im lucky enough to be able to use it for my work i do and as a favour to me ive been given some room to show it publicly and also offer these figures to try and clear up some of the magic figures that get throwen around to make forum members unsure of whats the facts.

This isnt for money personal gain. No motive other then knowledge for myself and fellow members.

I personaly cant wait to test a head with manifold and with throttle body, both standard and the 80 mm.
Old 09-16-2004, 06:29   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by philstoj
I thought this was already going on down here...
people will have flowed things for customers im sure. BUT this is flow readings done for free and publicly placed for all to see.
Old 09-16-2004, 07:19   #8 (permalink)
Rip Up The Track Join OFR

Hi Simon, i was told that there doing C&C on a Boss head as we speak and it was send over to the West anyway we will wait and see....
How much does a Boss head cost ?

PHANTOM BA XR8 UTE, AUTO, UNICHIP, APS TUNED 229 RWKW ET:13.47.

Rods Rocket, Boss n/a 290 Unichip Tuned by APS et:12.6@110 Mph
We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

XRFPV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 07:48   #9 (permalink)
walking power

Simon, thats excellent news, it would be good if we could have a Information day where all us Boss owners could get together and discuss and view some of the tests or even just discuss the results. Im really getting into the technical side of modifications as the most technical i've got with other cars is tuning Holleys and Ignitions but now that i own a Boss, i just want to learn more.

Cheers.
Old 09-19-2004, 01:06   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRFPV8
Hi Simon, i was told that there doing C&C on a Boss head as we speak and it was send over to the West anyway we will wait and see....
How much does a Boss head cost ?
Is that C&C as in C&C porting or just machining the head for some other reason. It would be good to compare different brands of CAI.

"Its not the 300rwkw, its the instant V8 torque that kills things"
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum