Ford After Sales Service Excellent - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2004, 02:48   #1 (permalink)

Ford After Sales Service Excellent

About an hour ago I got into my fine beasty to head home and the mobile rang. It was the Titan Ford service manager in WA requesting that I bring my car in for a new Tremec. My response was "Say What", his reply was. You mentioned a rattle in your transmission at your 15000 klm service and so a new one has arrived and I have to replace it. Now really my trans rattles a bit in 1st and 2nd when its cold, but it performs drama free. I told him I had a Tremec shortshifter, he said no problem we'll change it over . I told him the car had started making an occasional tinkling sound underneath letting out the clutch in 1st and reverse , he said no problem we'll check it out and replace whats causing it . I told him that because of the distance to his dealership I would have to wait until I could arrange another car , he said we already have one here for you to use. I said well I'll bring it over tomorrow at 1pm then, he said great you can pick it up on Saturday
Now this leads me to wonder about the problems GT522 and others appear to have at warranty time, either the warranty fairy has sprinkled happy dust all over FPV, or the eastern states gets better performance mechanics, but the west gets better after sales service. All in all, beyond the dis-satisfaction of some on the forums, I reckon this is exceptional service and they have won me completely I have never been treated so well by any car maker before, and I didn't really want them or even expect them to do anything re the transmission. So there you go "A Great Car From A Great Car Maker, That Just Keeps Getting Better"
Pedders Shocks & Springs,Whiteline Swaybars, Manta Exhaust System, Twin 3 inch High Flow Cats & 4 inch Dump Pipe, Injectors and High Vol Pump, FPV Mats, Tinted Glass
Whhoooosssshhh

350rwkw XTREME EDIT
The Real Performance Thing
HSV What ?
and 013, Lightning Strike:
Twin 2.5 Mandrel Bent Exhaust, High Flow Cat, CAI & Pedders Suspension
Hypnodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2004, 03:03   #2 (permalink)
walking power

Re: Ford After Sales Service Excellent

They're top blokes at TITANS, i hope they're as good to me as they were to you Doc.
Old 08-19-2004, 03:12   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordy
They're top blokes at TITANS, i hope they're as good to me as they were to you Doc.
I reckon they will be Fordy. The silly thing is I usually use Lynfords because they are much closer and great too. Seeing they are both part of the same group I don't know why the FMC computer didn't direct me to Lynfords. Maybe Grenville in sales wants the order for the F6 or the series 2 GT. I have bought a BA Turbo, a BA GT and a Focus Zetec from them in 04, now I gotta get one of those little Fiesta Zetecs for a Qld rep, and a series 2 GT or an F6 Typhoon because I'm fast finishing with Boss mods . I think its gonna be the Typhoon though, as I can't really see any point in letting The Boss go to a strange home, or having 2 GTs for that matter, decisions, decisions.
Pedders Shocks & Springs,Whiteline Swaybars, Manta Exhaust System, Twin 3 inch High Flow Cats & 4 inch Dump Pipe, Injectors and High Vol Pump, FPV Mats, Tinted Glass
Whhoooosssshhh

350rwkw XTREME EDIT
The Real Performance Thing
HSV What ?
and 013, Lightning Strike:
Twin 2.5 Mandrel Bent Exhaust, High Flow Cat, CAI & Pedders Suspension
Hypnodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 03:18   #4 (permalink)

Great news Doc,good to see Ford doing another positive for the customer.
Cheers John

"FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria"
If you have an XR6, XR8, T-Series or FPV vehicle (GTs) why not join.
Motorsport,Show n Shine,Cruise days,Factory tours,Special events
FPV and XR Owners Club of Victoria

www.fpvxrclub.com
Extra's Leather seats, Sunroof, Premium Sound, Satellite Navigation, Reversing Sensors,
GTP 320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 03:38   #5 (permalink)
mmm...kilomawatts...aargh

You know, I had a very similar experience. I called FPV last week to tell them about a noise my gearbox was making and the very next day I got a call from New Oak Ford saying they had a new gearbox waiting for me. They too had a car waiting for me to drive while mine was being fixed (a citric acid XR8). The whole experience was the complete opposite of what some on this forum would have you believe about the GT and FPV. Seems to me certain T3 owners may have buyer's remorse and a bad case of inferiority complex.

Falcon GT Club of Australia

FPV & XR Owner's Club of Victoria

I drive, I vote and I'll go out of my way to see you out of government Mr Bracks. You lied your way into power and you lie to keep it. Enough lies!!! You're out of here!
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 03:52   #6 (permalink)
The SB Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve
You know, I had a very similar experience. I called FPV last week to tell them about a noise my gearbox was making and the very next day I got a call from New Oak Ford saying they had a new gearbox waiting for me. They too had a car waiting for me to drive while mine was being fixed (a citric acid XR8). The whole experience was the complete opposite of what some on this forum would have you believe about the GT and FPV. Seems to me certain T3 owners may have buyer's remorse and a bad case of inferiority complex.
Apparently there was a bad batch of Boxes.I know a mate of mine that got a call advising him to take his GT in for them to check the No"s on the box maybe this had something to do with it?
Cheers Alex

Introducing the Boss 290 powerplant
The Boss 290 combines the best of both worlds, with race-bred power and everyday comfort. The awe-inspiring Boss 290 is a powerplant unlike any ever built in this country and comes to life on Australia's only current V8 production line.
FPVGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 03:59   #7 (permalink)
mmm...kilomawatts...aargh

That's pretty much the explanation I was given too.

Falcon GT Club of Australia

FPV & XR Owner's Club of Victoria

I drive, I vote and I'll go out of my way to see you out of government Mr Bracks. You lied your way into power and you lie to keep it. Enough lies!!! You're out of here!
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 04:10   #8 (permalink)
The SB Slayer

Thumbs up Re: Ford After Sales Service Excellent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve
That's pretty much the explanation I was given too.
Good to see they come to the party as the Doc said i find it hard to believe how someone can get mistreated for a GENUINE claim.
Cheers Alex

Introducing the Boss 290 powerplant
The Boss 290 combines the best of both worlds, with race-bred power and everyday comfort. The awe-inspiring Boss 290 is a powerplant unlike any ever built in this country and comes to life on Australia's only current V8 production line.
FPVGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 04:34   #9 (permalink)
walking power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnodoc
I reckon they will be Fordy. The silly thing is I usually use Lynfords because they are much closer and great too. Seeing they are both part of the same group I don't know why the FMC computer didn't direct me to Lynfords. Maybe Grenville in sales wants the order for the F6 or the series 2 GT. I have bought a BA Turbo, a BA GT and a Focus Zetec from them in 04, now I gotta get one of those little Fiesta Zetecs for a Qld rep, and a series 2 GT or an F6 Typhoon because I'm fast finishing with Boss mods . I think its gonna be the Typhoon though, as I can't really see any point in letting The Boss go to a strange home, or having 2 GTs for that matter, decisions, decisions.
Yeah, i have a good friend who is a techician at Lynfords and i know another salesman at Mcinerneys but Grenville is my cousin so naturally he was going to give me the best deal even if it meant going to the furtherest one from home(i drive past NUFORD everday too).

We should hit Gren up for some FPV gear or some extras on the next purchase.
Old 08-19-2004, 04:56   #10 (permalink)
Respect the Bulge

All these positive things, I don't know if I can handle this.

Life doesn't get any better than this, grouse cars and they are even starting to fix things before they become a problem.

Beat that Evil Empire.

Steven
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum