Ford does void warranties - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2003, 01:26   #1 (permalink)
Experienced Ford Member

Ford does void warranties

Seems that Ford will void warranties of new vehicles that have been drag raced. A fellow member of the Geelong XR Club took his GT in to the dealer to get a problem with a diff or driveshaft ( don't know exactly what the problem was ) fixed and was told his warranty was void because his car had been raced at Calder. Not sure how true this is but I believe Ford look over the pictures on the Fullboost.com.au website that shows cars that have raced in the street drags. My blueprint XR8 and his GT have photos taken on the 24/10 and the number plates are clearly visible in both photos. I picked up a new Lightning Strike XR8 last week so the voided warranty will not effect me now but what will happen to the person who buys my car second hand and needs to fix something only to be told their warranty is void because it was raced by the previous owner.

So anyone who is going to race at any of the various drag strips around the country make sure you remove or cover over your number plates as soon as you get through the gates if you want to keep your warranty.
bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2003, 01:31   #2 (permalink)
AKA: Spaniard

Re: Ford does void warranties

That's also one of the reasons why people say to edit your pictures before posting them up on FF also. Fullboost and all other websites should be chopping the plates off all their pictures before making them available to the WWW. Something has to be done about this!
Old 12-11-2003, 01:40   #3 (permalink)
Experienced Ford Member

I agree. They took the photos without my knowledge so they could at least have the decency to edit out the licence plate.
bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 01:47   #4 (permalink)

Aren't you able to do something about this because of the Privacy Act and all? I'm pretty sure that you should be able to do something against the web site. You got a link available to the site & pics?
Old 12-11-2003, 01:48   #5 (permalink)
Mmm, high pressure wash.

Instead of relying on others to obscure your plates, perhaps remove them from your car at the drags? Or cover them with tape or something. A lot of people do this at track days, too. Better to be safe than sorry...

Having said that, it's rather ironic that a "performance car" has its warranty voided when it's used in a manner that its marketing implies.
Off-white EL Series II Falcon GLi Sapphire (4.0L Slothmatic™) with K&N Filtercharger, Tickford Sports Suspension, DBA Longlife Gold (front), DBA Longlife Slotted (rear) and Bendix Ultimates all round. Driven by The Slothman™.

Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, or the Ford Forums Food Bandits, where cruising, eating and talking shite is what it's all about. Click here to visit the official (albeit slightly outdated) website!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team GT Media
We love having 3FB Inc guys around!
3Toed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 01:56   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Toed
it's rather ironic that a "performance car" has its warranty voided when it's used in a manner that its marketing implies.
What a punchline. A great way to end a newspaper article. But I have to agree with you there. Exactly the same thing can be done at any traffic light so how can a drag strip be any different? At least he was responsible and did it the legal way.
Old 12-11-2003, 02:07   #7 (permalink)
Falcontastic.

I can understand both side's here,the dealer doesn't know just how the vehicle was treated and if it was at the drag's and something happened because of this misuse than yes the dealer has a right to void the warrenty,these car's arn't excactly made for this reason,but then again I can understand that only visiting the drag's once every blue moon and something happened even if it wasn't due to the drag's, than it should be covered under warrenty,it's one of those grey area's.you just need to be extra carefull and cover your plate's, you could say prevention is better than a cure.
Laser a maser.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 02:08   #8 (permalink)
Movin!

Apparently Ford are employing there own workers to inspect warranty work on XR6T, XR8 and GT's, to ensure that no aftermarket mods are covered up through a good repoire with your dealer and service dept.

Seemed a bit tight at 1st but when you think of the potential $$ that may cost them due to dodgy warranty claims, if I were to swap positions i'de probably be in the same boat. After all, Ford Oz is a company in it for making money too...
Old 12-11-2003, 02:17   #9 (permalink)
known as tibbo

i dont know if it true could be a urban myth but Holden was employing reps to write VIN numbers off all new cars racing @ the drags.. Better not only take your plates off but cover your VIN number too
RaceCraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 02:27   #10 (permalink)
i'll pinch ya mums tyres

Thumbs down Re: Ford does void warranties

surely if ford are only going by the pics on a website you could easily say they are fakes(photoshops).and i agree with everyone else..they are falsely advertising theses cars when they show them doing donuts/burnouts, yet void your warranty when you do those things

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum