Ford/Fpv Culture - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2003, 01:58   #1 (permalink)

Ford/Fpv Culture

I would like to mention something about the difference in buying new cars and dealership treatments. Three months ago I bought a VY clubsport at a cost of 56k on the road. Holden went to great lengths to do the deal like throwing in set of HSV mats and a full tank of fuel. Also in the boot is a steeeel breif case with all sorts of little things in there, rearly good quality stuff. I would rekon it was worth at least $3 to 400. Later comes your free gift can choose from a good selection of things price ranges fromm $2 to 300 mark. Also a compedium with cert of auth and build no. The dealer also gave me wife huge bunch of flowers and a nice bottle of champs. That was the second new Holden for us in 3 mths, same sort of treatment from other dealer as well. As for buying GT, i have not been told anything official of what you get, a drive day with John Bowe, do you? As for anything else with this car who knows, nobody tells you certainly not Ford dealers. The GT was 70k on the road with nothing and an empty tank of fuel to go. My question of the Ford way of doing things is, mabey they should have a good look at opposition companys and could learn from them. Has anyone got any experiences, good or bad like to hear them, and also opinions about the CULTURE of FORD way of doing things.
Adventra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2003, 02:24   #2 (permalink)
V8 ute driver!

Re: Ford/Fpv Culture

Maybe Holden do all that so as you'll overlook the fact that the actual car is a peice of crap!!! Where as Ford go buy the theory that it's the car that you want to be a good experiance, not the service.

This isn't a very serious post by the way...........
Any offer considered.
Now driving a 04 BA XR8 Manual Envi ute. Mods to come...
flavze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2003, 02:36   #3 (permalink)

Well FLAVEZ can I ask do you own or even looked at a new Clubbi? If not, go do yourself a favor.
Old 11-27-2003, 02:52   #4 (permalink)
YES its a 5 Speed!!

U own A clubbie and a GT?!!? hehehehe...... sweeet!!!!! what do u think of them?

For Sale: 2001 Yamaha WR400F
PM me for info
Supa R00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2003, 03:00   #5 (permalink)
Falcontastic.

Once again, this thread should be changed in the fact that maybe this type of service you have experianced or not GT 522 has noithing to do with Ford or Holden in general but the dealer,some dealer's are better than other's,I got very good service when I bought my AU XR8 just like you did when you purcshed your Clubbie,but I'm sure there are other Ford dealer's that would not go to this extent,just like I'm sure there are Holden dealer's aswell that wouldn't do this,cheer's.
Laser a maser.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2003, 03:07   #6 (permalink)
FPV GT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT 522
I would like to mention something about the difference in buying new cars and dealership treatments. Three months ago I bought a VY clubsport at a cost of 56k on the road. Holden went to great lengths to do the deal like throwing in set of HSV mats and a full tank of fuel. Also in the boot is a steeeel breif case with all sorts of little things in there, rearly good quality stuff. I would rekon it was worth at least $3 to 400. Later comes your free gift can choose from a good selection of things price ranges fromm $2 to 300 mark. Also a compedium with cert of auth and build no. The dealer also gave me wife huge bunch of flowers and a nice bottle of champs. That was the second new Holden for us in 3 mths, same sort of treatment from other dealer as well. As for buying GT, i have not been told anything official of what you get, a drive day with John Bowe, do you? As for anything else with this car who knows, nobody tells you certainly not Ford dealers. The GT was 70k on the road with nothing and an empty tank of fuel to go. My question of the Ford way of doing things is, mabey they should have a good look at opposition companys and could learn from them. Has anyone got any experiences, good or bad like to hear them, and also opinions about the CULTURE of FORD way of doing things.
To answer your questions GT522. FPV will send you out a owners pack. It will contain all the info about the JB Driving Day, which is absolute fun. You will get a certificate, a key ring and eventually we will all get Watches. There is also free road side assistance for 3 years. You obviously got a bad dealer, my dealer filled the car up full of gas, free floor mats, head light covers and some other goodies as well, I also got a very nice $300 FPR Jacket. If you want more info then the FPV website has a owners benefits section http://www.fpv.com.au/index.asp?link_id=2.416
Old 11-27-2003, 03:19   #7 (permalink)

I think it really falls back on the dealership,when i bought my GT at City Ford they bent over backwards to explain every detail and about what you are to receive in the mail in the next few weeks.Going through such things as security the FPV Owners Compendium,certificate etc.
I was impressed to say the least by their professionalism and made you feel real important as it should be because it's a big outlay to purchase these magnificent beast.It's a pity not all dealership go to these great lenghts by all reports
Cheers John

"FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria"
If you have an XR6, XR8, T-Series or FPV vehicle (GTs) why not join.
Motorsport,Show n Shine,Cruise days,Factory tours,Special events
FPV and XR Owners Club of Victoria

www.fpvxrclub.com
Extra's Leather seats, Sunroof, Premium Sound, Satellite Navigation, Reversing Sensors,
GTP 320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2003, 03:31   #8 (permalink)

Well SupaRoo have the best of both worlds, two best Aust built cars. They do look good together.
Old 11-27-2003, 03:37   #9 (permalink)

Thanks DGROMS.com for the info. What I had heard was only rumor. I had a look at FPV site. You scored well, my dealership is a good one and its my third car off them, but still lacked info when I asked for it.
Old 11-27-2003, 03:45   #10 (permalink)

To (DGROMS.com) Gee you scored well getting an FPV Jacket,hopefully you scored well on the price too.
Cheers John

"FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria"
If you have an XR6, XR8, T-Series or FPV vehicle (GTs) why not join.
Motorsport,Show n Shine,Cruise days,Factory tours,Special events
FPV and XR Owners Club of Victoria

www.fpvxrclub.com
Extra's Leather seats, Sunroof, Premium Sound, Satellite Navigation, Reversing Sensors,
GTP 320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum