Ford Performance Racing - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2003, 20:45   #1 (permalink)

Ford Performance Racing

Guys,
We’ve brought you the GT, now here is the next exciting news for 2003.

Have Fun!

Happy Jack

New Ford V8 Supercar team announced

Melbourne, January 29, 2003… In a move that is sure to generate excitement amongst Ford fans and create unprecedented interest in the V8 Supercar category, a new Ford team is about to launch a three pronged attack on the Australian Touring Car Championship.

Ford Performance Racing (FPR) is the final component in Ford Australia’s revived commitment to race-bred performance in its road car range.

FPR will ultimately feature three Ford BA Falcon V8 Supercars to be driven by star drivers Craig Lowndes, Glenn Seton and David Besnard.

FPR, which is 100% owned by Prodrive’s Australian operation, builds on the relationship between Ford and Prodrive, and follows the formation of Ford Performance Vehicles (FPV) in September last year.

Ford Australia President, Mr Geoff Polites, explains: “It was always our intention to draw on the same international Prodrive resources available as part of this partnership to boost our motorsport activities.

“It was also important to us that there was a direct and highly visible link between our new road car range and our motorsport activities. The timing of the new team is perfect, coinciding with the debut of our new BA Falcon V8 Supercar under the new Project Blueprint rules and the release of the first FPV road car range.

“It's also appropriate that the launch of this new team coincides with global centenary celebrations for Ford, the company that had its origins in motorsport.”

The Managing Director of Ford Performance Vehicles, Mr David Flint, will also head up the new race team.

According to David Flint, Prodrive’s ownership of the new team opens doors to an unprecedented level of expertise and resources and further demonstrates Ford’s commitment to win.

“We looked at the many options of how we could enhance Ford Australia’s motorsport activities. The establishment of FPR with the depth of talent and professionalism available to us through the combined resources of Ford and Prodrive really was our optimum route.

“We are in this to win and will do whatever it takes to get to the top of the field. However, we are not under estimating the difficulty of the task, or how long it will take.

"We are making this announcement with only a few weeks to go to the commencement of the new season and we are starting with Glenn’s 2002 resource, a one car team, in Dandenong.

“Ideally, we would want to contest the first race with three cars developed from the BA base. That will not be possible and it will be much later in the season before our drivers can be equipped with three equally specified BA Falcon Race Cars.

"My staff are working very hard forming the new extended team that will be based at the old GSR, Rhur Street premises for season 2003," said Flint.

"In parallel with the activity at Dandenong, new purpose designed premises at FPV’s site in Campbellfield will soon be under construction.

“As for race car livery and sponsorship – that will be revealed in the near future," said Flint.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2003, 20:52   #2 (permalink)
ex-Ford owner

Excellent David, congratulations and well done!! I can't wait to see the results....
XYFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 20:52   #3 (permalink)
FF Moderator

Sounds great David, thank you for the post and information. I'm still trying to workout if this team will start with 2 BA's or 1.

WASP GT - Mk2 6 speed + Herrod =
CDAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 21:01   #4 (permalink)
Movin!

Great news David, Geoff, and the whole team involved. This is what Ford needs to really get back into the track and sales race. I think with the committment you guys put it in it should be a success! Stick it up to HRT and the dark side! The racing should be very healthy this year!

:s6: :s6:

I look foreward to seeing plenty of blue white and grey jackets this and thew coming years, particularly on the winner's podium!
Rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 21:01   #5 (permalink)

This past 6 or so months has just been too much, I think I need to lie down. Great news Dave!
Old 01-28-2003, 21:37   #6 (permalink)
JR
Editor on P Plates

Thumbs up

EXCELLENT NEWS!!!

Congrats to all involved.

Cheers
Jason
Editor: Street Fords Magazine - Issue #1 on sale MARCH 2005
E-mail: jr@streetfords.com

Co Founder: 3FB Inc.
To see my old BA Falcon XR6, click HERE
JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 21:49   #7 (permalink)

I know it sounds a bit dumb but is one of them going to have a BA and the other 2 have AUs for the first round.
redwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 21:52   #8 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

I'm confused how the FPR - 00 Motorsport - GSR - SBR entities tie up with these changes. Are the base teams still supporting their drivers and the FPR is a 'front' for an apprently combined attack? Is this merely a marketing move?

Shows how little I know.........

One thing for sure - the 00 Motorsport facility is way ahead of GSR's and I would have thought it would be better for a three car 'team'.

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 21:55   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

A very big step in the right direction.

So now we have FPR/Prodrive vs HRT/TWR - very similar base concepts. Who was it who said "if you can't beat the bastards then at least learn something from them/"

Congratulations to all concerned.

Russ
russellw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 22:00   #10 (permalink)
BattensPerformanceTuning

I knew this day would come, LET THE TABLE NOW BE TURNED.
Well done guys!
Also known as edxr8ebgt, BA GT #16, Blueprint, Premium Sound, Leather.
GT-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum