Fordy's XR8 gets fixed - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2004, 00:20   #1 (permalink)
walking power

Fordy's XR8 gets fixed

For those of you that dont know i've been having problems with the XR over the last couple of months and even worse Ford found it easier to blame my extractors, rather than trying to find the problem.

Some of you have been having stalling problems with your BA's but that wasnt the case in mine, it has never stalled once since i've had it. The case with mine was it would idle rough and wouldnt want to acclerate cleanly as if the timing was out or something, but the thing was it would happen on and off until it happened continuoulsy which is when i decided to take it in. To cut a long story short the first two dealers i took it to saw the o2 error fault on the computer as what Barry and i saw before taking it in and told me it was my extractors, even though i run paccies which have the o2 sensor well positioned. So i rang my exhaust guy to get my extractors removed and as this is a big job he did some ringing around for me so he could save himself the trouble. He told me to ring another dealer as they fit exhausts from factory and might be able to help out. So in it went to Mcinerney's on Monday and got its o2 sensors replaced and all is back to normal.

I have found that it doesnt pop as much as before as some will remember that i thought it did it too much and i should get better fuel economy.

I would like to thank Barry from BPT to take the time to look at my ute(twice) when none of the delaers would take the time too. Its been a long and stressful couple months wondering if it would ever get fixed, but thankfully it is and i can get back to enjoying it again.

Cheers

Old 12-07-2004, 00:33   #2 (permalink)
When 2 T3s are not enough

Re: Fordy's XR8 gets fixed

At last a happy ending, Ford or there dealers, I dont know what one, need to get on there game as far as warrenty is concerned, The'll fu*k people around for no aparent reason, then go the other way and fit new motors to cars as is the case with the "oil burners" There seems to be no rime or reason for it. But anyway yours is fit and well and thats the main thing.....
Street machine Feb 2002
TE50T3 Remember the GTHO? well your getting close.
Motor mag Jan 2002

Wouldn't you love to say that about your car?You loosers
Noboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 00:47   #3 (permalink)

Again i must say, Ive had nuthing but the best overal help and time given to me by FOrd and FPV and my Dealer. I have NEVER had to arque with any of them, Theyt listen, they help, they rectify. Good to hear yours is A OK Fordy.. Track on Wed night????
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 01:00   #4 (permalink)
Falcontastic.

Glad to hear it is sorted out Fordy, it is just shame the amount of running around you had to do to get it sorted though, but good to hear their are some people out there willing to go that extra mile for some.
Laser a maser.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 02:47   #5 (permalink)
tjb046

Mcinerneys have fitted all my mods without a single problem,
Kristen does a great job there,not all dealers are the same hey.
Hope you put the matches away?
tjb046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 02:56   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordy
For those of you that dont know i've been having problems with the XR over the last couple of months and even worse Ford found it easier to blame my extractors, rather than trying to find the problem.

Some of you have been having stalling problems with your BA's but that wasnt the case in mine, it has never stalled once since i've had it. The case with mine was it would idle rough and wouldnt want to acclerate cleanly as if the timing was out or something, but the thing was it would happen on and off until it happened continuoulsy which is when i decided to take it in. To cut a long story short the first two dealers i took it to saw the o2 error fault on the computer as what Barry and i saw before taking it in and told me it was my extractors, even though i run paccies which have the o2 sensor well positioned. So i rang my exhaust guy to get my extractors removed and as this is a big job he did some ringing around for me so he could save himself the trouble. He told me to ring another dealer as they fit exhausts from factory and might be able to help out. So in it went to Mcinerney's on Monday and got its o2 sensors replaced and all is back to normal.

I have found that it doesnt pop as much as before as some will remember that i thought it did it too much and i should get better fuel economy.

I would like to thank Barry from BPT to take the time to look at my ute(twice) when none of the delaers would take the time too. Its been a long and stressful couple months wondering if it would ever get fixed, but thankfully it is and i can get back to enjoying it again.

Cheers
Glad its working for you now Fordy. Ford may be a great company but many of their mechanics would be better described as parts fitters. The Typhoon has got the usual 100-110 period noise howl in the Diff, went into Lynfords today to get them to drive ther car and got told. Quote: Oh we know most of them do that and ford aern't going to do anything with any more diffs until a fix is found. The way to fix it in my book is to go to DANA and belt all the clowns who build these things on the head with a bloody big shifter. Ford ain't gonna do themselves any favours by letting this situation go on for more than two years as they have. Wake up to yourselves FORD :fly:
Also found the compliance plate has shifted from under the bonnet on to the inside of the front drivers lower pillar by the door hinges. Very Strange
Pedders Shocks & Springs,Whiteline Swaybars, Manta Exhaust System, Twin 3 inch High Flow Cats & 4 inch Dump Pipe, Injectors and High Vol Pump, FPV Mats, Tinted Glass
Whhoooosssshhh

350rwkw XTREME EDIT
The Real Performance Thing
HSV What ?
and 013, Lightning Strike:
Twin 2.5 Mandrel Bent Exhaust, High Flow Cat, CAI & Pedders Suspension
Hypnodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 04:50   #7 (permalink)
BA XR8 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnodoc
Also found the compliance plate has shifted from under the bonnet on to the inside of the front drivers lower pillar by the door hinges. Very Strange
My July build XR8 ute also has the compliance stickers inside the driver's door jam, they did this because they have found that the stickers under the bonnet were too exposed and were getting maxed by high pressure cleaners etc.
Old 12-07-2004, 23:54   #8 (permalink)
When 2 T3s are not enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjb046
Mcinerneys have fitted all my mods without a single problem,
Kristen does a great job there,not all dealers are the same hey.
Hope you put the matches away?
I wonder if your car develops a problem and Ford can trace it back to the mods your dealer has fitted, will Ford make the dealer pay for the repairs, I would be asking them that, and see how friendly they are.....
Street machine Feb 2002
TE50T3 Remember the GTHO? well your getting close.
Motor mag Jan 2002

Wouldn't you love to say that about your car?You loosers
Noboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 04:33   #9 (permalink)
tjb046

Mate if i was going to worry about something like that
i wouldnt touch the car at all .
If god forbid i do i`ll take my car back to mcinerneys and
take my chances like everyone else.
But for now not a problem with that dealer.
Sounds like you had a few though. (problems)
tjb046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 07:09   #10 (permalink)
Rip Up The Track Join OFR

hi Johnny, good news there for you after long last....
XRFPV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum