FPV at the 2004 sydney motorshow - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2004, 21:55   #1 (permalink)
Falcon: Back II Back

cool FPV at the 2004 sydney motorshow

Don't know if this is all that relevant fellas, but I have to share this with you. Just went on fpv.com.au, and saw an advert in the middle of the screen in place of the usual "GT: Mother of all Performance Cars". Instead, it said something like "Performance Motoring is about to change Forever. 15 days until Sydney Motorshow...". Along with this, there was a picture of a sillouhette of a FPV GT shaped car. It's probably just trying to stir up interest for the MkII FPVs or the F6 Typhoon or something, but I can't help but think it could be a new model. GTHO? Quite unlikely, but it's worth taking a look at. Also, I doubt whether it's an F6 Typhoon, because it has a more GT shaped rear wing. I certainly reccomend taking a look at it. Just go on to fpv.com.au, and be patient, because the ad does take a couple of minutes to load. Cheers.
marcos04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2004, 00:51   #2 (permalink)
FF Moderator

Re: FPV at the 2004 sydney motorshow

I think they are refering to the F6 launch, but I must admit there appears to be some sort of bulge in that bonnet and it has a GT wing.

WASP GT - Mk2 6 speed + Herrod =
CDAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 01:03   #3 (permalink)
In Pursuit of excellence

I really do hope that they have some jaw dropping concept car, GT-HO? maybe ? Or something that will keep the passion alive for us blue bloods. I really dont understand why they cant enlist a company like Hilliers or the like to do a concept, nothing over the top, just to get us excited, if its just the six speed that they are talking about "performance motoring changing for ever" it doesnt do it for me.
BA Pursuit, Blueprint,Silver stripes, Prestige sound, Leather, Sports s/wheel
cams290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 01:35   #4 (permalink)
The SB Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcos04
Don't know if this is all that relevant fellas, but I have to share this with you. Just went on fpv.com.au, and saw an advert in the middle of the screen in place of the usual "GT: Mother of all Performance Cars". Instead, it said something like "Performance Motoring is about to change Forever. 15 days until Sydney Motorshow...". Along with this, there was a picture of a sillouhette of a FPV GT shaped car. It's probably just trying to stir up interest for the MkII FPVs or the F6 Typhoon or something, but I can't help but think it could be a new model. GTHO? Quite unlikely, but it's worth taking a look at. Also, I doubt whether it's an F6 Typhoon, because it has a more GT shaped rear wing. I certainly reccomend taking a look at it. Just go on to fpv.com.au, and be patient, because the ad does take a couple of minutes to load. Cheers.
Just had a look and yes you may be on to something there.Wishful thinking perhaps?

Introducing the Boss 290 powerplant
The Boss 290 combines the best of both worlds, with race-bred power and everyday comfort. The awe-inspiring Boss 290 is a powerplant unlike any ever built in this country and comes to life on Australia's only current V8 production line.
FPVGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 01:42   #5 (permalink)
Corner Hugger

Hmm, wing like no other I've ever seen before that's for sure... there's a definite something in that bonnet too. I did hear something about the local Piggery ordering flying lessons for it's residents.... interesting how it's different and separate to the Typhoon Warning ad too.. nah it's too easy. Could it be room under the front for a supercharger? Or maybe those 2 extra cylinders hmm...

European Ford Owners Club - Southern Region President

Zetec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 02:57   #6 (permalink)
Ingall Fan

Looks more like a GT, Maybe the GT is Getting the 6 Speed, Lower Diff ratio & a Few more Kw?

Series II should go fairly hard, not thet the sreies I is Slow
240 T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 03:04   #7 (permalink)

I just clicked on the car and I was taken to a web site called vulture.wdg.com.au, or something like that. It asked for a password and I could not go any further. Does anyone know what that's all about?
Old 09-22-2004, 03:27   #8 (permalink)

yeah i did that to, probably got info or something stored behind it,

Protien, Creatine, and other supplements all below retail, PM me for a price list...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_EL_XR8
...his sheep shagging buddy with the loser sideburns.
Pik0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 03:30   #9 (permalink)
Falcontastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman
I just clicked on the car and I was taken to a web site called vulture.wdg.com.au, or something like that. It asked for a password and I could not go any further. Does anyone know what that's all about?
I got the same, what's up with that.
Laser a maser.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 03:32   #10 (permalink)

just looked up the company websight its a strategy design technology company, the site it actually goes to a page with heading "vulture" so maybe its a new car as most of fords cars are codenamed after animals
will be intresting in the SMS

Protien, Creatine, and other supplements all below retail, PM me for a price list...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_EL_XR8
...his sheep shagging buddy with the loser sideburns.
Pik0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum