Ford Forums banner

FPV at the 2004 sydney motorshow

5K views 42 replies 23 participants last post by  CSV_LS1 
#1 ·
Don't know if this is all that relevant fellas, but I have to share this with you. Just went on fpv.com.au, and saw an advert in the middle of the screen in place of the usual "GT: Mother of all Performance Cars". Instead, it said something like "Performance Motoring is about to change Forever. 15 days until Sydney Motorshow...". Along with this, there was a picture of a sillouhette of a FPV GT shaped car. It's probably just trying to stir up interest for the MkII FPVs or the F6 Typhoon or something, but I can't help but think it could be a new model. GTHO? Quite unlikely, but it's worth taking a look at. Also, I doubt whether it's an F6 Typhoon, because it has a more GT shaped rear wing. I certainly reccomend taking a look at it. Just go on to fpv.com.au, and be patient, because the ad does take a couple of minutes to load. Cheers.

#27 ·
Hmmm. Just visited the site again, and I was taken to a page talking about the Typhoon and the MkII GT, GTP and Pursuits. It seems as if our little dream about a GTHO is all but dead, but one still wonders about that bulge. Perhaps the Typhoon is getting some kind of bonnet scoop, or something like that. Food for thought fellas. Despite this, I'm still optimistic that something other than MkII GTs and Typhoons at the FPV stand. Maybe a Turbo Territory?

#29 ·
marcos04 said:
Hmmm. Just visited the site again, and I was taken to a page talking about the Typhoon and the MkII GT, GTP and Pursuits. It seems as if our little dream about a GTHO is all but dead, but one still wonders about that bulge. Perhaps the Typhoon is getting some kind of bonnet scoop, or something like that. Food for thought fellas. Despite this, I'm still optimistic that something other than MkII GTs and Typhoons at the FPV stand. Maybe a Turbo Territory?
Perhaps the Ford God has ordered the design team to incorporate a bulge with some heat release vents in it. I watched the Lightening Strike F6 get loaded into a truck to go to Bathurst for pro mo's, when I was at the FPV showrooms in Melbourne when I took the GT over to APS and I remember the truck driver telling me the rumour was that the car would look a little different when it was ready for release. Jesus two and half weeks away and you can order the car but FMC still can't quote the exact price and/or give any detailed info on what it will or won't have :AAHHH: Hopefully there are some very pleasant surprises in store when they arrive in the showrooms :wnc:

#35 ·
Either FPV surf the Fordforums and are having a good laugh about now, or else there's something about to blow away every commondore EVER made!!! I'm hoping and praying it's the latter... let's just hope that if it is a V10 that Latham doesn't Take money from the Private schools and then try to ban high powered cars - he'll then twice lose my vote. :AAHHH:

#42 ·
f8 would be realistic, and image how frikin awesome itd be, seeing aswell that ford is gettin into turbos a turbo v8 - remember it says performance motorin is changin or sumfin liek dat and it would owne holden.

i really hope its forced induction in a v8

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.