Ford Forums banner

FPV at the 2004 sydney motorshow

5K views 42 replies 23 participants last post by  CSV_LS1 
#1 ·
Don't know if this is all that relevant fellas, but I have to share this with you. Just went on fpv.com.au, and saw an advert in the middle of the screen in place of the usual "GT: Mother of all Performance Cars". Instead, it said something like "Performance Motoring is about to change Forever. 15 days until Sydney Motorshow...". Along with this, there was a picture of a sillouhette of a FPV GT shaped car. It's probably just trying to stir up interest for the MkII FPVs or the F6 Typhoon or something, but I can't help but think it could be a new model. GTHO? Quite unlikely, but it's worth taking a look at. Also, I doubt whether it's an F6 Typhoon, because it has a more GT shaped rear wing. I certainly reccomend taking a look at it. Just go on to fpv.com.au, and be patient, because the ad does take a couple of minutes to load. Cheers.

#3 ·
I really do hope that they have some jaw dropping concept car, GT-HO? maybe ? Or something that will keep the passion alive for us blue bloods. I really dont understand why they cant enlist a company like Hilliers or the like to do a concept, nothing over the top, just to get us excited, if its just the six speed that they are talking about "performance motoring changing for ever" it doesnt do it for me.

#4 ·
marcos04 said:
Don't know if this is all that relevant fellas, but I have to share this with you. Just went on fpv.com.au, and saw an advert in the middle of the screen in place of the usual "GT: Mother of all Performance Cars". Instead, it said something like "Performance Motoring is about to change Forever. 15 days until Sydney Motorshow...". Along with this, there was a picture of a sillouhette of a FPV GT shaped car. It's probably just trying to stir up interest for the MkII FPVs or the F6 Typhoon or something, but I can't help but think it could be a new model. GTHO? Quite unlikely, but it's worth taking a look at. Also, I doubt whether it's an F6 Typhoon, because it has a more GT shaped rear wing. I certainly reccomend taking a look at it. Just go on to fpv.com.au, and be patient, because the ad does take a couple of minutes to load. Cheers.
Just had a look and yes you may be on to something there.Wishful thinking perhaps?

#5 ·
Hmm, wing like no other I've ever seen before that's for sure... there's a definite something in that bonnet too. I did hear something about the local Piggery ordering flying lessons for it's residents.... interesting how it's different and separate to the Typhoon Warning ad too.. nah it's too easy. Could it be room under the front for a supercharger? Or maybe those 2 extra cylinders hmm... :AAHHH:

#10 ·
just looked up the company websight its a strategy design technology company, the site it actually goes to a page with heading "vulture" so maybe its a new car as most of fords cars are codenamed after animals
will be intresting in the SMS

#11 ·
I just remember someone on here a little while ago saying something about Ford/FPV testing something out in the NT, I remember him saying that we should be able to hear it from Vic, now who was that person, and maybe they could shed some light on this.

#13 ·
i would tend to believe that we wont be getting the info till its released, Ford would be watching all the forums carefully and if anyone says anything about it they will probably ask LunaticSVT to delete it, it happens alot with leaked infomation..... i think, i maybe wrong...

#15 ·
So who is a master hacker here, on a serious note how could ford keep the GTHO such a big secret. I'd love to see a GTHO and i think its quite possible to build a car that would rate to what we all belive it SHOULD be (350kw N/A rice eater).. This new car could explain why the MKII xr8's are getting Gt suspension (Springs) that is the only differenc isnt it, well after all HO stands for handling option.

#24 ·
kooky said:
That was Roger (aka XWGT).
Tis a little too early I think. It was running around, but believe the design team wern't handed a new brief until the Typhoon was handed back as finished some weeks ago.

Possible, but I doubt it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.