Ford Forums banner

FPV built its 1000th vehicle today

4K views 37 replies 23 participants last post by  galaxy xr8 
#1 ·
The milestone car rolled out of FPV’s Campbellfield production facility just six months after deliveries began; highlighting the popularity the new-generation GT has received from the Australian market.

http://www.ford-news.com/articles.php?articleId=73

#7 ·
Good to see so many FPV vehicles Coming of the lines.I thought it was also very interesting to see more GTP's than GT's being ordered.
Cheers John

#8 ·
Does anyone know if there number is unique to thier build? Example:

I have GTP-0285.

I always thought that was the 285 FPV car out of the factory. But it looks like it might be GTP 285.

#10 ·
Re: Re: FPV built its 1000th vehicle today

eightoftwelve said:
Does anyone know if there number is unique to thier build? Example:

I have GTP-0285.

I always thought that was the 285 FPV car out of the factory. But it looks like it might be GTP 285.
Each series is numbered individually and start from 1. SO yours is the 285th GT-p.

Cheers
Russ

#13 ·

Nobby said:
Do these include XR8, XR6T etc, or are these GT, GT-P, and Pursuit ONLY?
The article clearly counted GT, GTP and Pursuits ONLY.

I am not sure if XR6 and XR8 are counted as FPV vehicles.

The XR8 should be (according to me!) but I would understand the argument against it.

The XR6 Turbo I believe only has the engine fitted by FPV and nothing else done by them. I believe suspension is done by FPV for the XR8 but I am not sure.

#14 ·
Interesting figures, but the figures they displayed added up to 1000 exactly.
If it was as posted above then the car in the pic(GT-P 460) can't be the 1000th car built if all the cars are built in order!
They had it as having 454 GT-P's, so it would have to be the 1006th car of the line if they only built GT-P's between the 454th and 460th without any GT's or Pursuit's coming of the line in between. :whip:
:wnc: :wnc: :wnc: :doh:

#17 ·
Congratulations and well done. Great to see FPV with a real hit on its hands.

:bsr:

#18 ·
Your missing the point (flavze) in the overall picture the GTP was the !000th off the assembly line even though it was only the 454 GTP built No.
Cheers John

#19 ·
Re: Re: Re: FPV built its 1000th vehicle today

eightoftwelve said:
The article clearly counted GT, GTP and Pursuits ONLY.

I am not sure if XR6 and XR8 are counted as FPV vehicles.

The XR8 should be (according to me!) but I would understand the argument against it.

The XR6 Turbo I believe only has the engine fitted by FPV and nothing else done by them. I believe suspension is done by FPV for the XR8 but I am not sure.
Yep, my bad. I REALLY should have read the article before posting <BAD NOBBY, BAD!>

#20 ·
Well done FPV. What a turnaround from T-Series.

#21 ·
Apart from making a great car I think the smartest thing FPV did was appoint lots of dealers so that they actually had "market presence"

#22 ·
fantatic!
lets hope these kinda sales stay up!!!

#23 · (Edited)
Compared to the 314 T1/T2 cars (in 2.5 years) and the 431 T3's (in 15 months), this is a very good result.

The original sales target called for 2,000 vehicles in a full year but this was then revised downwards to 1,200.

The article is also incorrect in nominating the XW as the most successful of the GT's. That honour belongs to the XB with 2,899 over 28 months ahead of the XA series with 2,759. Let's not rewrite history in the interests of spin doctoring.

Cheers
Russ

#25 ·

eightoftwelve said:
Does anyone know if the XR8 suspension is done by FPV?
Engineering input is how I think they describe it. What that actually means in terms of hands on involvement in the development is anyones guess.
Could range from someone driving it around the block to a full house development process.

Cheers
Russ

#26 · (Edited)

russellw said:
Compared to the 314 T1/T2 cars (in 2.5 years) and the 431 T3's (in 15 months), this is a very good result.

The original sales target called for 2,000 vehicles in a full year but this was then revised downwards to 1,200.

The article is also incorrect in nominating the XW as the most successful of the GT's. That honour belongs to the XB with 2,899 over 28 months ahead of the XA series with 2,759. Let's not rewrite history in the interests of spin doctoring.

Cheers
Russ
I was wondring how it compared to the T-Series vehicles. Thanks for the official figures. Good to see the XB GT up there.

Go the XBs!

:disco:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.