FPV The CLOWN FACTORY - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2005, 18:31   #1 (permalink)
Tornado F6

FPV The CLOWN FACTORY

Well I’ve had my reservations about FPV for a while now and have bitten my tongue but enough is enough.

I even read all Ricks (Hypnodoc) posts and thought he was going too far calling FPV Clown’s but I now know he is 100% correct in his assumption that they are a bunch of Clowns.

I need to step back to the 4th of October last year when I tried to order a Tornado and they denied it was in existence, then after a few days of convincing and actually emailing a Photo of one they capitulated and said YES we will be making one and as such took an order for one.

Then on the 7th of October the dealer under my instruction emailed PFV (Stefanija) indicating as this was possibly the first Tornado ordered in Australia could we have some priority regarding allocations.

The reply on the 10th October from FPV went like this:
Well done on the first Tornado Sold in Australia!!
These vehicles are scheduled for production in January but we can’t guarantee delivery in the same month. Blah blah blah

So after receiving this from FPV I instructed the Dealer to contact FPV and considering this is the First order in Australia we should be able to have Build Number ONE!!

Not long after that the sh!t hit the fan……
No one would commit to anything or guarantee anything but all indicated the wheels were in motion. Throughout the next 8 months I hounded them and hounded them to make sure we get the build number ONE..
Throughout this period I heard many excuses as to why certain numbers were not available but everyone you spoke to have a different idea on it..(Remember Hypnodoc’s number 13 and the Demo Number 13 on the east Cost? Two Typhoons with the same build number) (Press cars =P### etc etc)
Needles to say as time drew nearer to delivery I was getting more anxious to get confirmation on the build number as you do.

Well Surprise surprise!!!! No Number ONE available or 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 But you can have Number 6 ……………..They tried to present this as some consolation and said number 6 For F6…. Well I was Peeed off to say the least but after waiting so long I accepted this and to be honest by now I had had a gut full of waiting.

This is all on top of the clutch and Per no Option for Premium sound etc on the FPV Ute but you can have premium Sound on a Bloody XR ute????????? Bit like having Leather in a Fairmont but not available in the Ghia!!!!!!!!

Ok so eight Months has passed and much correspondence and dialog between many parties the New Tornado Ute arrives at the dealer yesterday morning and I drive down with Camera in hand to inspect and photograph the new arrival…. There she was after all this time looking the goods from the outside dressed in RAPID! And many salesmen milling around looking her over as you do when a new beast arrives. I then opened the Door and inspected the inside which I thought was very bland and not as well finished as My Pursuit 250 T3… anyways I glanced down and took one look at the build number and was totally Gobsmaked to say the least.

Shocked, stunned, humiliated, you name it I was it.. here I was sitting in Build Number F@rrking 0031………………..Here I was with the honor of having the First Tornado ordered in Australia 8 months previous and rewarded with Build Number 31..This was just the biggest belt in the head with a lump of 4X2 that I have ever experienced in my like.
Needles to say I stepped out of the Ute slammed the door strolled over to My Pursuit Ute and Left in a cloud of smoke and rubber……….

I had placed an Order for a F6 Typhoon Auto and a F6 Tornado Auto in October when copperhead (pending confirmation they will build one) is released but after the circus that has been shown to me over the last 8 months that won’t happen either! All this tells me that Doc was right when he named them the CLOWN FACTORY.

PFV and David Flint To you I suggest you wake up and smell the Roses because you need to smarten your act up as your down another customer.. You might have won the HSV verses FPV sales race the last few months but you will be lucky to ever maintain it while you treat customers like you do.

Signed:
P!ssed OFF
2003 White RTV Ute
Tornado is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2005, 18:47   #2 (permalink)

Re: FPV The CLOWN FACTORY

Speechless.

Lets not forget damaged on the production line??
Old 05-30-2005, 18:57   #3 (permalink)
Tornado F6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache
Speechless.

Lets not forget damaged on the production line??
Yeah held up on the production line for 2 weeks due to a damaged door!!!!
Like they haven’t got any Doors at FORD??????????
It would take another 4 pages if I went through the whole debacle and I’m angry enough now without making it worse.

I can see the whole fleet moving to another brand just on principle now. I’ve just had a gut full of the Clowns
2003 White RTV Ute
Old 05-30-2005, 19:00   #4 (permalink)

Oh man!

:

Have you cancelled your order?
Terebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 19:11   #5 (permalink)
Tornado F6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terebro
Oh man!

:

Cancelled it?
I had this particular Ute that I’ve been waiting for since October last year, 2 More F6’s on order for October (Copperhead Build Auto’s) and 3 New 4X4 couriers for June which I can assure you are ALL cancelled.
They don’t give a toss mate so I’ll put my money in someone else pocket. Stuff the Clowns.
2003 White RTV Ute
Old 05-30-2005, 19:18   #6 (permalink)
Tornado F6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terebro
Oh man!

:

I was looking at a Territory Ghia as well but that will turn Toyota now
2003 White RTV Ute
Old 05-30-2005, 19:37   #7 (permalink)
Club Phantom

Some will suggest you are being rather petty over a build number, but as an enthusiast I definately see your point. FPV go to great lengths to point out that they too are enthusiasts and understand our passion. I'll believe that when I see it!

The few dealings I had with their customer service centre left me a little bewildered. When I ordered the wife's GT it was supposed to have an FPV wheel, my dealer said it did, god bless him. As I have a GT-P also, I think I know what one looks like. Spoke with customer service, they had no idea!!!
They suggested I look at their website. I ended emailing a photo of the one in the car to them and they did a quick census in the admin room and agreed it wasn't an FPV wheel. The end result was ok but it left me with little to no confidence.

I guess I should be grateful that I've had no real issues with the car that would require constant interaction with customer service.

Stick it up 'em.
COUPEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 20:16   #8 (permalink)
Tornado F6

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUPEMAN
Some will suggest you are being rather petty over a build number, but as an enthusiast I definately see your point. FPV go to great lengths to point out that they too are enthusiasts and understand our passion. I'll believe that when I see it!

The few dealings I had with their customer service centre left me a little bewildered. When I ordered the wife's GT it was supposed to have an FPV wheel, my dealer said it did, god bless him. As I have a GT-P also, I think I know what one looks like. Spoke with customer service, they had no idea!!!
They suggested I look at their website. I ended emailing a photo of the one in the car to them and they did a quick census in the admin room and agreed it wasn't an FPV wheel. The end result was ok but it left me with little to no confidence.

I guess I should be grateful that I've had no real issues with the car that would require constant interaction with customer service.

Stick it up 'em.
Yeah some people would call it petty being all worked up over a Build number but as you say being an enthusiast and FPV making Vehicle targeted at just that.. (The enthusiast) the number means a lot. Back in the Xy days you would kill for Build number 351……
BA GT Build number 290 another good one.
Let’s face it The Fairmont’s, The RTV Ute the couriers all are just business vehicles and who gives a toss about numbers? But when you are dealing with a GT or F6 it is all part of the cult.
Either way the Clown factory needs Stuffing
2003 White RTV Ute
Old 05-30-2005, 22:14   #9 (permalink)
socially irresponsible

i shouldn't, but i will.

i know WHO the clown is
JG33PY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 23:31   #10 (permalink)

whinge whinge whinge whinge whinge

who cares if it is number 1 or number 1001. You are buying the car for the car not the number on the plate on the console. As if you ever ever going to get plate number one. If you believed that, then there is your problem straight away. As if they would sell plate one to Joe Punter. No car whatsoever ever sells the number one plated car of a numbered run to Joe Punter EVER. If you were Marcos Ambrose, Craig Lowndes or one of the Stone Brothers you may have a bees di*k of a chance of getting it but Joe Punter..........I think not.

Its probably better that you go to the competitor anyway so the we can get this back to being FordForums and not WhingeForums!!!!!!
Pursuit_290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum