FPV dealer in Melbourne - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2004, 22:26   #1 (permalink)
JEM
Future XR Owner

FPV dealer in Melbourne

Went to the Ford dealer in High St Preston today to look at the GT and GT-P, to ask a few questions for my purchase. Am looking at the XR8, Typhoon or GT. Don't know yet...need to look into a few things first... but i can tell you that i won't be going to these guys, they treated me like shyte, i take it maybe because of my age and them thinking i'm waisting their time. BTW, i'm 27, not young enough to underestimate i would've thought?

Both the guys there were smart arses toward me, probably because it turned out that i knew more about the product than them, especially the young kid who is apparently the BOSS and was gloating about the fact that he is the biggest FPV dealer in Melbourne.

One lost sale to mate...
JEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2004, 22:32   #2 (permalink)
No stars in my eyes

Re: FPV dealer in Melbourne

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM
Went to the Ford dealer in High St Preston today to look at the GT and GT-P, to ask a few questions for my purchase. Am looking at the XR8, Typhoon or GT. Don't know yet...need to look into a few things first... but i can tell you that i won't be going to these guys, they treated me like shyte, i take it maybe because of my age and them thinking i'm waisting their time. BTW, i'm 27, not young enough to underestimate i would've thought?

Both the guys there were smart arses toward me, probably because it turned out that i knew more about the product than them, especially the young kid who is apparently the BOSS and was gloating about the fact that he is the biggest FPV dealer in Melbourne.

One lost sale to mate...

Not good.....

I know it's a fair way mate.....But gregorys in canberra are a very good dealer. Very professional and curtious. I would not hesitate in buying from them again. If you jumped on a plane early in the morning.....you'd be home by dinner time.

Cheers...

Proud Owner of a Tickford TE-50 T3 No 033.....13.62 @ 102.07mph..0-100-4.988 secs
firefox7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 23:04   #3 (permalink)
BA XR8 Driver

Duhig Ford at Essendon will look after you, I can PM you a salesman there who will look after you.
Old 11-14-2004, 23:10   #4 (permalink)
Old Grunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM

One lost sale to mate...
Mate, I shopped around and got a very good deal from Courtney and Patterson in Heidelberg - speak to the sales manager, Ross CRAIG, he's a pretty straight shooter.
Old 11-14-2004, 23:11   #5 (permalink)
AUPS Member

Yeah thats not good. But you have to understand they probably get young people coming in all the time using and abusing and after awhile theyd just get sick of it and probably dont take many people seriously anymore. But thats still no excuse for behaving like that, like you said its their fault, they just lost a potential sale.
cheahman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 00:14   #6 (permalink)
Beastmaster

Send a letter/email to the dealer principal cc FPV.
There will be a smart arse with a kicked arse.
Revelations 13:18
Here is wisdom.
Let him that hath understanding count the number of the BEAST:
for it is the number of a F6 Typhoon; and its number is 0217.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 02:54   #7 (permalink)
JEM
Future XR Owner

Thanks all for your ideas and comments.

Yeah it's not as if i asked for a test drive, just needed a few things cleared up on Ford employee discounts and a couple other little things.

anyway, i'll be waiting til mid next year and hopefully copperhead will be out...
JEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 03:26   #8 (permalink)

I went to peter warren warrick farm a while back to have a look at some xr8's, i just had a look at a GT and one of the sales reps said im sick of these people looking at shit they cant afford. Lucky i didnt tell him to get ****ed, once i told my old man he offered to buy me one (& repay the loan) just to piss this bloke off for being a dick. He then walked over to my EF and had a look and commented on how neat it was and how good it sounded when it came in, so i walked over and said nice car aye and got no reply as i hopped in. BTW Peter warren & Dean at smithfield have been 100% even when i was only considering a used BA the girl there answered every question and even sat on the phone for nearly an hour trying to help me get insurnace, even opened a GT-P so i could dream.

"Its not the 300rwkw, its the instant V8 torque that kills things"
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 03:40   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheahman
Yeah thats not good. But you have to understand they probably get young people coming in all the time using and abusing and after awhile theyd just get sick of it and probably dont take many people seriously anymore. But thats still no excuse for behaving like that, like you said its their fault, they just lost a potential sale.
The old story... "never judge a book by its cover"......
Go to an auction for industrial real estate.. The agents learnt years ago NOT to under-estimate the guy in the dirty overalls that pulled up in the work ute standing at the back bidding against the "suits"!..... I have seen it time & time again....... "Knocked down for 3.6 million to the man at the back"
Car salesman are obviously yet to learn this, most basic of adages!

FORD PERFORMANCE VEHICLES

Blood Orange PURSUIT
Mercury Silver XR6TURBO [ FUTURE RIDE ]
mz_fpv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 03:57   #10 (permalink)

Your lucky you live in Melbourne, as there are heaps of other Ford Dealerships around.
Cheers John

"FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria"
If you have an XR6, XR8, T-Series or FPV vehicle (GTs) why not join.
Motorsport,Show n Shine,Cruise days,Factory tours,Special events
FPV and XR Owners Club of Victoria

www.fpvxrclub.com
Extra's Leather seats, Sunroof, Premium Sound, Satellite Navigation, Reversing Sensors,
GTP 320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum