Ford Forums banner

FPV Dealers

3K views 23 replies 17 participants last post by  8EHiND 
#1 ·
I dont know if this has been covered before but i was just woundering when the FPV allocated dealers will start getting there FPV showrooms up and running.

Cause i cant stand all this waiting lol i just wanna see one in the flesh :)

Any info would be great especally on W.A dealers :)

cheers

#3 ·
At Rex Gorell Ford's we have an FPV sign up. As far as I know the current showroom will be extended to accomdate for FPV vehicles.

#4 ·
There's one dealer in Brisbane who has replaced all his FTE signage with FPV signage, put FPV number plates on his XRs and AUIII Tcars (hmmmm) etc etc, but the interesting thing is that he isn't one of the dealers listed for Brisbane on the FPV website...

The ones listed on the FPV web site don't have any signage up yet...

#5 ·
^RedHot-EL^ said:
I dont know if this has been covered before but i was just woundering when the FPV allocated dealers will start getting there FPV showrooms up and running.

cheers
Nuford in Wangara, Mcinenry in Morley, Lynford in Ossie Park and Titans in Melville are all FPV dealers, might pop up to Nuford on the weekend as my friend is the sales manager up there.

Kieron

#8 ·
Cobra said:
At Rex Gorell Ford's we have an FPV sign up. As far as I know the current showroom will be extended to accomdate for FPV vehicles.
Where in the establishment do you work Cobra? I come down to Gorrells on New years eve morning. Went in there with the entire family, and after no one taking any notice of me for 15 minutes..(they weren't busy) I asked for help. Only to be greated by a salesman who didn't want to talk whatsoever about XR8 pricing and possible trade in. "No offical pricing" has been released he said. As we frequent FF, I knew the tentative pricing was $50130....I already had a quote from elsewhere.(turned out to be final anyway).. I told him this...he wasn't interested. Wouldn't even write up a quote with "conditional to offical pricing" or whatever. So I left with nothing...ordering my XR8 3 days later elsewhere.
I hope, as an FPV dealer, things improve a little.
End winge...

#9 ·
^RedHot-EL^ said:

cheers
I went to visit Lynford today to see the XR8 in the flesh but unfortunately they wont have one til February !! damn !!

Spoke to a Dealer today on that same subject of FPV dealers and I was told that definately Lynford Motors in Osborne Park will be an allocated FPV dealer. Before this happens though, they need to make some changes to allow for this to occur in their yard.

Also, possibly McInerny Ford and Center Ford are potential FPV dealers in Perth.

Cheers,
JP

#13 ·
I was pretty sure Titians Would stay the same.

Kieron, Jflavory,EAman82 and GT-P and any of the other perth dudes thanks very much for that. I think ill head out to titians on the weekend with a full roll of film ;)

So there is obvously no set date for the dealers to have there FPV rooms up and running?

#14 ·
Rastus said:
Where in the establishment do you work Cobra? I come down to Gorrells on New years eve morning. Went in there with the entire family, and after no one taking any notice of me for 15 minutes..(they weren't busy) I asked for help. Only to be greated by a salesman who didn't want to talk whatsoever about XR8 pricing and possible trade in. "No offical pricing" has been released he said. As we frequent FF, I knew the tentative pricing was $50130....I already had a quote from elsewhere.(turned out to be final anyway).. I told him this...he wasn't interested. Wouldn't even write up a quote with "conditional to offical pricing" or whatever. So I left with nothing...ordering my XR8 3 days later elsewhere.
I hope, as an FPV dealer, things improve a little.
End winge...
That's dissapoiting. Seems strange becasue I know the saleman and it would seem out of carachter for them not too want to make a sale. Although I think they are all booked out till may on XR8's.

I work in Pre-Delivery but I'm only an apprentice Mechanic so there's not really much I can do unfortunately.

#15 ·
Cobra said:
That's dissapoiting. Seems strange becasue I know the saleman and it would seem out of carachter for them not too want to make a sale. Although I think they are all booked out till may on XR8's.

I work in Pre-Delivery but I'm only an apprentice Mechanic so there's not really much I can do unfortunately.
No worries Cobra. yeah it was very strange. Normally you walk into a dealer and have someone with you straight away. And to not want to help me with a 54 thousand dollar car...weird.
Oh well, I'm happy, it's ordered and on it's way.:s6:

#16 ·
Rastus said:
No worries Cobra. yeah it was very strange. Normally you walk into a dealer and have someone with you straight away. And to not want to help me with a 54 thousand dollar car...weird.
Oh well, I'm happy, it's ordered and on it's way.:s6:
Didn't Eclipse Ford help you either? Seems strange you would come all the way to Geelong if you live in Ballarat.

#17 ·
Eclipse did help me...days before going to Geelong. All I was after was another figure on the trade in to see if I could get a little more out of it, and getting a lesser change over. I ordered it at Eclipse in the end anyway.
I had planned on going to 3 or so dealers to see if I was looking at around the same figure everywhere. Duhig Ford in Essendon is another one that I frequent.(I work down that way)

#21 ·
For the Sydney siders, there is FPV signage
(Damn it looks good that logo) at Peter Warren Ford Warwick Farm (ex. FTE dealer)...........

#23 ·
Im curious to know whether Etheridge's Ringwood is going to be opening an FPV dealer, although, with the new dealership being built for them, I would suspect they will have an FPV dealer, however, I don't think we'll see one in the current building they are in.

Can anyone shed some light?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.