FPV decals and XR8 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2003, 09:16   #1 (permalink)
Bring Back Jeff Kennet

FPV decals and XR8

Ok...tonight I was at McDonalds in Warrun ponds, Geelong, and parked outside was a citric acid XR8. Its plates where "deleted" or "deleted"...i kinda forgot.

Anyway it sounded mean! It had definately been to herrods, it was low, and some new tip or muffler, had an AU1 Bi-plane rear spoiler (black ontop), but the most interesting addition was the FPV stripes/decal kit on the sides, rear and bonnet.

These weren't your normal FPV stripes like a GT, the side ones when all the way from end-to-end like a pinstripe, but bigger, and at the front the stripe ended with a fpv logo.

On the rear was the FPV logo with "BOSS" where "FPV" goes, and lastly it had two stripes up the bonnet, but not along the buldge, but starting from the headlight and going about half way.

Im not sure if my description has done it justice but it was a very unique looking XR8...and if the owner is on these forums, I was the guy gawking at it with the red t-shirt. You had a smoke (PJ's) before you left...lol...im not stalking you buy the way...lol

Anyway....does anyone know about this car?...Mr Herrod...I take it that its been in your workshop so spill the beans!!!

Advertised as $4000ono. Price is negiotable for a quick sale.

Last edited by russellw; 10-15-2003 at 00:12. Reason: Remove identifying details
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2003, 14:45   #2 (permalink)

Re: FPV decals and XR8

you should not be stating the number plates on the forum you never know who is watching!!!!!!
if it where my plates that you had posted, i would not be happy!!!
do you catch my drift!!!
Old 10-14-2003, 15:35   #3 (permalink)
FPV GT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mygt
you should not be stating the number plates on the forum you never know who is watching!!!!!!
do you catch my drift!!!
Why, what is posting the plates going to do to you. If I see you on the street and see your car, wow I will see your plates, what does it matter. If I have someone working for the Police/RTA/Fisheries/other Gov Dept I could look your plates up anyway, but what does it matter or achieve. People get so worried about there plates, why, they are on public display every day. If I want to steal your car I dont need to know the plates on the car, if I can look up your address based on your plates, then I can look up your address based on the model as well. Please explain mygt why the problem?
Old 10-14-2003, 21:42   #4 (permalink)
Bourbon powered V8

DGROMS - I happen to STRONGLY agree with mygt. It's a common courtesy not to state other people's number plates on this forum. Most people do not advertise their plates for many and varied reasons, but mostly related to security and police/RTA etc.

Just because you have no concerns about it, doesn't mean that others share your view.

FoMoCo - sounds like a nice car. Perhaps you could stalk the owner (lol) and get a pic you could post up for us?

AU1 XR8 Auto 147.9 rwkw (approx 215 fwkw)

AU2 Wagon HAD Auto
17s, Pacemakers, 3" Intake & Pod filter (The Family Hack)

Member of:
FPV-XR Club ACT
AUFalcon.com
ATPS (honorary)
Old 10-14-2003, 22:24   #5 (permalink)
Bring Back Jeff Kennet

Quote:
Originally Posted by mygt
do you catch my drift!!!
settle grettle...if you have something to hide then thats your problem not mine. So if I say someones plates what going to happen exactly?? hmm? The cops aren't going to start hunting you down because you post on FF...jeez..or where the plates "1 XR"..you know I just cant remember know?.... :/

Anyway back to the topic, it has to be one of the best looking XR8's ive seen. I was just hoping it was someone here so I could get some pics. I really have to invest in a digi cam.

Advertised as $4000ono. Price is negiotable for a quick sale.
Old 10-15-2003, 00:34   #6 (permalink)
FPV GT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
DGROMS - I happen to STRONGLY agree with mygt. It's a common courtesy not to state other people's number plates on this forum. Most people do not advertise their plates for many and varied reasons, but mostly related to security and police/RTA etc.

Just because you have no concerns about it, doesn't mean that others share your view.

FoMoCo - sounds like a nice car. Perhaps you could stalk the owner (lol) and get a pic you could post up for us?
JC can you please PM me with your STRONG opinions on this because I still fail to see any valid reasons which aren't shot down with stonger reasons for the opposite opinion to yours, sure it is probably not polite to post info about another persons car without their permission, but posting their number plate is just a good an identifier of a vehicle as saying it had an AUI XR8 wing on a BA, I know I would pick that in a crowd before the number plate
Old 10-15-2003, 02:12   #7 (permalink)
FF Moderator

Guys,

Please keep this on topic. The 'other' issue as DGROMS suggested can be discussed further by PM or in a new thread in The Asylum .
If any of you have a genuine concern regarding the mention of number plate details on this forum please email help@fordforums.com

Cheers,
Colville

WASP GT - Mk2 6 speed + Herrod =

Last edited by CDAA; 10-15-2003 at 02:17.
Old 10-15-2003, 02:17   #8 (permalink)

A review of 10,000 of the most frequently visited web sites on the Internet,had collected personal information. contribution analysis of the techniques of data surveillance.
a simple way for users to gain more control over the use of personal information on Web sites.
licence id plates have been found to be most common!!

so stick that in ya pipe and smoke it!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by mygt; 10-15-2003 at 02:19.
Old 10-15-2003, 03:47   #9 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Be civil or don't bother wasting bandwidth!

Thread closed.
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum