Fpv Dna - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2005, 04:34   #1 (permalink)

Fpv Dna

I was reading thread about Flinty's comments about the GTHO and it got me thinking. How could FPV create a car to continue on from the legendary XY GTHO Phase3? How can the blood line continue?
To do such a thing FPV would have to look at the history of the parentage of the GTHO to determine it's physical nature and personality. For FPV to succeed and ressurrect the GTHO they will have to create a DNA for the car so that in the future FPV can always look at the DNA to create the next Phase.
Previous GTHO's had class and world leading performance, latest technology and safety items. The next GTHO should have a DNA that is etched with a certain performance criteria (0-100, 400m), power to weight ratio, handling g loadings, braking distance criteria, aero (possibly), technology and safety improvements. These criteria need to be attainable within the Ford network and benchmarked to class leading cars. And an evolutionary improvement factor of 5% for the next Phase to improve the breed.
The FPV DNA should be created for all the FPV cars so that they don't produce cars that ended up like the XB GT ( sorry to the XB GT car owners but those cars were obese and slow and lucky to be called GT's).
What do you think? Is it a good business plan for FPV and the cars they create? What should the DNA for the next GTHO be?
Mr GTHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2005, 05:11   #2 (permalink)

Re: Fpv Dna

hmm for the next GTHO they'll need a good engine. From the Ford network worldwide, they don't have a good enough engine to fulfil the legend. If they do bring it out, the only engine i can think they'll use is the new Shelby Mustangs supercharged 5.4L, personally i think thats a stupid idea, i say leave it a naturally aspirated BIG V8.
If Ford US ever made a working version of that 427 V10 engine, i say to get rid of 2 cylinders and make it a DOHC 5.6L V8, good for about (im assuming the bore and stroke of this engine is different to the current triton/boss engines, meaning higher revs) at least 350kw, or you could just say it's wishful thinking
McobraR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum