Ford Forums banner

FPV Drive Day 10/03/04 Oran Pk

1K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  XLR8 
#1 ·
Just got my confirmation for 10th March at Oran Park.

Anyone else on that day??

#2 ·
Let us know how it goes XLR8.

#6 ·
What a fantastic day!!

Left home at 6am for a cruise down to Sydney. Been a while since i drove to Sydney in peak hour......Crazy white van and ute brigade!!! Arrive at track at 8.30am and there are a few cars there already......very nice cars!!

The most asked questions of the day:

" Have you used any oil?" and " Do you have squelling brakes?"

I was happy to reply in favour of negative to both of the above!!

Anyway, had a great day and after telling myself i would go easy on the tyres, as soon as i got out on the track it must have slipped my mind. After doing the motorkana and maximum laps the poor tyres looked a bit worse for wear.
I got Terry Bowe and David to take me for a spin around the track in my car. Bloody hell!!!!!!!!!!! What a pair of drivers.......... What amazed me the most is how good the brakes are on these things.
Totally buggered for a drive home, so a quick stop meet with wasa for a coffee on the way back.

Big thanks to all involved.

PS How long does it take to get buring rubber and brake smell from aircon??LOL

#7 · (Edited)
""PS How long does it take to get buring rubber and brake smell from aircon??LOL""

NEVER MATE that s the 'rubber' you left in the back seat last weekend at the wedding reception. lol

You never get the rubber smell out of leather once you have done that.

12/03 FPV GT 725 Vixen, Auto, Leather, Premium Sound, Sports Wheel, Mats etc........and now a burnt rubber smell/ in the leather lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.