Fpv Drive Day - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2004, 02:29   #1 (permalink)

Fpv Drive Day

HI All,

Just thought Iíd report on the FPV Drive day I took part in today.

First comment

What a great day, its amazing what these cars can do "when driven by Professional".

The Morning sessions are really good; they show you little things that you can do to improve your driving that most people don't think about. Itís also a lot of fun.

The Afternoon session is where the fun really begins. for those that don't know, you split into 2 groups, first we did the Motorkhana which is a circuit set up with witches hats that you fang around in the quickest time you can.
1st with traction control on
Then with it off and third time its your choose, who ever gets the combined best times gets a prize from FPV.

Then you go off to the Track for some laps.
By this stage I was starting to feel a little queeze from all the burnouts and the smell of tyre smoke. The sun didnít help. (A bit of a softy here )

Anyway so after fanging around the track 3-4 times I felt a bit sick so I pulled off and took a breather.

Then one of the Instructors was free "Greg Ritter" so I asked him to take me around the track. He knew I wasn't 100% so he through the car around this track that hard that I didnít know if should laugh or throw up!

SO I DID BOTH!!

Just as we pulled up into the pits with me pissing my self laughing from the excitement, I had to ask him to pull over while I bought up the Lovely lunch that was provided!

Even with me throwing up it would still rate as the most fun I have had in a hell of a long time!

Seeing 22 Gt/GTP/Pursuits lined up was sweet as well.

Jim
JimBoSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2004, 02:44   #2 (permalink)
X-DM!!

Re: Fpv Drive Day

Good on you Jim, sounded like you had a great day.......first time I have ever heard of someone getting sick of driving a GT though. LOL.
rod c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 02:47   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rod c
Good on you Jim, sounded like you had a great day.......first time I have ever heard of someone getting sick of driving a GT though. LOL.

I think it was the first time the Instructors had seen it too! i would have been alright if i didnt want Greg to take me around the track, i figured how often do u get the opportunity so it was all worth It!

Needless to say every1 had a good laugh at me!

but its all Gravy

Jim
Old 01-21-2004, 02:57   #4 (permalink)
"HSV I JUST BLEW ONE"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBoSS
HI All,

Just thought Iíd report on the FPV Drive day I took part in today.

First comment

What a great day, its amazing what these cars can do "when driven by Professional".

The Morning sessions are really good; they show you little things that you can do to improve your driving that most people don't think about. Itís also a lot of fun.

The Afternoon session is where the fun really begins. for those that don't know, you split into 2 groups, first we did the Motorkhana which is a circuit set up with witches hats that you fang around in the quickest time you can.
1st with traction control on
Then with it off and third time its your choose, who ever gets the combined best times gets a prize from FPV.

Then you go off to the Track for some laps.
By this stage I was starting to feel a little queeze from all the burnouts and the smell of tyre smoke. The sun didnít help. (A bit of a softy here )

Anyway so after fanging around the track 3-4 times I felt a bit sick so I pulled off and took a breather.

Then one of the Instructors was free "Greg Ritter" so I asked him to take me around the track. He knew I wasn't 100% so he through the car around this track that hard that I didnít know if should laugh or throw up!

SO I DID BOTH!!

Just as we pulled up into the pits with me pissing my self laughing from the excitement, I had to ask him to pull over while I bought up the Lovely lunch that was provided!

Even with me throwing up it would still rate as the most fun I have had in a hell of a long time!

Seeing 22 Gt/GTP/Pursuits lined up was sweet as well.

Jim
I was the one who won the overall Motorkhana Prize for the quickest overall ( FPV Hat And Stubbie holder ) .
DABOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 20:18   #5 (permalink)

We need pictures please of the days outing.And how many GTs were there? was it 21 like ours last year?
Cheers John

"FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria"
If you have an XR6, XR8, T-Series or FPV vehicle (GTs) why not join.
Motorsport,Show n Shine,Cruise days,Factory tours,Special events
FPV and XR Owners Club of Victoria

www.fpvxrclub.com
Extra's Leather seats, Sunroof, Premium Sound, Satellite Navigation, Reversing Sensors,
GTP 320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 21:15   #6 (permalink)

we had 22 cars, 2 Pursiuts , most GT's and about 4-5 GTP's if i recall correctly.

i didint take any pics i was under the impression cameras were not allowed. I was a bit upset when every1 pulled out their camera's and started shooting.

So there must be some photos out there but i don't know who has them

Jim
Old 01-21-2004, 22:49   #7 (permalink)
Movin!

Sick mate! (pardon the pun) Good to see you enjoyed it!
Old 01-22-2004, 00:15   #8 (permalink)

So you got through the day ok. Well done
Mine is coming up on the 17th March. What I want to know is how hard is it on the car. As mine has already been through the wars, im not sure how its going to go. The tyres are of interest, if you just do what is expected of you (no burnouts), what sort of wear can we expect?
Adventra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 00:20   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT 522
So you got through the day ok. Well done
Mine is coming up on the 17th March. What I want to know is how hard is it on the car. As mine has already been through the wars, im not sure how its going to go. The tyres are of interest, if you just do what is expected of you (no burnouts), what sort of wear can we expect?

depends on what you call "whats expected of you"

the only thing that will burn rubber is the traction control sesion and that won't do a great deal, it all depends on you. if you want to take it easy then you will get through it with little more wear than a normal days driving would do.

however if you get right into the spirit of things you may use a fair bit.

The MotorKhana is a good example of this, depending on how hard you want to push it you can go from a nice sunday drive, to a Lygon Street hoon very quickly :D
Old 01-22-2004, 00:29   #10 (permalink)
Falcontastic.

Sound's like good fun,make's you want to buy a FPV doesn't it.
Laser a maser.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum