FPV Driver Training Days - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2004, 01:01   #1 (permalink)
Mid-life crisis

FPV Driver Training Days

I'm interested in hearing the opinions of those people who've attended the FPV Driver Training days....... what you did, what you thought of the day etc......
As a "soon to be owner", I just wanted to know if the days were worthwhile and what you guys got out of them.

Ian
fpv f6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2004, 01:11   #2 (permalink)

Re: FPV Driver Training Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpv f6t
I'm interested in hearing the opinions of those people who've attended the FPV Driver Training days....... what you did, what you thought of the day etc......
As a "soon to be owner", I just wanted to know if the days were worthwhile and what you guys got out of them.

Ian
Carsick around Calder and half the back tyres gone, lots of fun but and I was only playing so it wasn't the full training day. Most of the guys I've spoken to have had a ball and reckoned it was well worth it. We have a day in WA in Oct but the moved it from Barbagello Raceway to some driver education track near Midland . Thanks but No thanks MR Bowe, I'd rather save the tyres for some real driving.

Ian I take it you are awaiting a Typhoon?
Pedders Shocks & Springs,Whiteline Swaybars, Manta Exhaust System, Twin 3 inch High Flow Cats & 4 inch Dump Pipe, Injectors and High Vol Pump, FPV Mats, Tinted Glass
Whhoooosssshhh

350rwkw XTREME EDIT
The Real Performance Thing
HSV What ?
and 013, Lightning Strike:
Twin 2.5 Mandrel Bent Exhaust, High Flow Cat, CAI & Pedders Suspension
Hypnodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 01:17   #3 (permalink)
Mid-life crisis

Yeah Doc, been on order for 5 months (see the sweaty palms??!). It's been confirmed as build no. 003, which is kinda cool. I wanted 006 but it was goooooone! lol.
Thanks for the feedback tho, guess I'll have to purchase a set of "dead" rubber to "play" with ;o)
Old 09-23-2004, 01:36   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Yeah Doc, been on order for 5 months (see the sweaty palms??!). It's been confirmed as build no. 003, which is kinda cool. I wanted 006 but it was goooooone! lol.
Thanks for the feedback tho, guess I'll have to purchase a set of "dead" rubber to "play" with ;o)
Interesting, I didn't realise we could choose a build number if it was available. My dealer is about to be hassled again "A Shilouette Black No 13" would be interesting. I went for the lightening strike with orange stripes, it even turned the other halves head. Mate you will enjoy the DT day and DO buy some cheapo tyres as they won't thrash your car or encourage you to do that, but there is a fair amount of wheel spinning goes on and $600+ per tyres for those Dunlops, it can be an expensive day.
Pedders Shocks & Springs,Whiteline Swaybars, Manta Exhaust System, Twin 3 inch High Flow Cats & 4 inch Dump Pipe, Injectors and High Vol Pump, FPV Mats, Tinted Glass
Whhoooosssshhh

350rwkw XTREME EDIT
HSV What ?
Old 09-23-2004, 02:10   #5 (permalink)
Mid-life crisis

*Cough* $600?? you say! ... EEek!. I thort the rubber for the XXXXXX was expensive! (Can't reveal what I actually drive, I'd be banned)
Yep build numbers were allocated for the first batch on orders taken. Don'y know if its still possible to request a number tho.
Lightening strike? ... Cool, we'll be twins ;o)) No stripes tho, they go tooo quick ;o)
Old 09-23-2004, 02:21   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
*Cough* $600?? you say! ... EEek!. I thort the rubber for the XXXXXX was expensive! (Can't reveal what I actually drive, I'd be banned)
Yep build numbers were allocated for the first batch on orders taken. Don'y know if its still possible to request a number tho.
Lightening strike? ... Cool, we'll be twins ;o)) No stripes tho, they go tooo quick ;o)
Mate if the Typhoons run the same Dunlops as the GTs, which I presume they will, then you'll pay between $580 and $650 per wheel. The rear ones on the GT were knackered at 15,000 klm although some owners get 20000+ klm from them. Hancooks and Khumos are a good quality viable alternative for $250-$300 each. And if your present secret steer is one of those HSV machine, well all is forgiven because you have seen the light.
Whhoooosssshhh

350rwkw XTREME EDIT
HSV What ?
Old 09-23-2004, 04:03   #7 (permalink)

All I have is praise for the guys at the driving course as I learnt more in one day at Calder Park then I have in driving on the roads for 13 years, On the day of the course you want the BEST tyres that you can get as they teach you how the car handles with the tyres that you do your every day driveing with, As for the price of the tyres for me $680 would get me 1 front tyre and $840 would get 1 back tyre (the SP9000 stick like s**t to a blanket !)

My Car
shane3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 05:29   #8 (permalink)
Respect the Bulge

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane3
All I have is praise for the guys at the driving course as I learnt more in one day at Calder Park then I have in driving on the roads for 13 years, On the day of the course you want the BEST tyres that you can get as they teach you how the car handles with the tyres that you do your every day driveing with, As for the price of the tyres for me $680 would get me 1 front tyre and $840 would get 1 back tyre (the SP9000 stick like s**t to a blanket !)
Been driving for over 18 years. Did the driving day and learned that I didn't really know shit about how to drive properly. Best day you can have.

Steven
Old 09-23-2004, 05:52   #9 (permalink)

Quote:

Ian
Did FPV driver training which was great but if you really want to test your ability book in for the High Performance course through John Bowe as you get to do laps of the full track all day if you want and they do keep a record of your lap times all you need is helmut as with the FPV days you dont get to use the full track and they place chicanes around the part of the track you use.
manfromaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 15:55   #10 (permalink)
Mid-life crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnodoc
Mate if the Typhoons run the same Dunlops as the GTs, which I presume they will, then you'll pay between $580 and $650 per wheel. The rear ones on the GT were knackered at 15,000 klm although some owners get 20000+ klm from them. Hancooks and Khumos are a good quality viable alternative for $250-$300 each. And if your present secret steer is one of those HSV machine, well all is forgiven because you have seen the light.
Yeah the tyres are definitely the same Dunlop 9000's, unless FPV has a last minute change of heart.
Nah, it's not HSV but it does come from the same parent co.......built in Mexico actually.......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum