So, which members on here attended? I was there Thursday with ManFrom Aus (???), Christo as well as numerous others who I am unsure of.
A superb day, hot clear weather, plenty of Krispy Kremes stacked in the SuperCab section of the ute, Optimax tanked up, and white faced instructors in the passenger seat.
- Rhys in the citric acid GT pulling consistent 31-33 secs in the Motorkhana (cheating thanks to traction control)
- Christo pulling superb runs in the Black Pursuit in motorkhana
- Christo with bonnet raised after getting complaints from James about copping all the oil smoke in the circuit runs (AP's reply: it's got 3500km just keep going - they stop burning oil at 5000)
- AP smashing all the others in the motorkhana with a tyre frying 29.4 second run!!!!!!
- Rhys still getting the win prize for the motorkhana (the highlight was the look on AP's face when that happened
- The 20 inch wheels and cobra stripes on james' Orange GT-P
- Ian (instructor) experiencing the APete-Brembo brake pedal pump sessions!! mmmmmmm
- AP picking the remains of the tyre valve caps out of the valve stems on arriving home (They melted into the valve core!!! JB guys told us to use metal valve caps and I of course believe them.......)
- The first run in the slalom with someone else driving (okay, I DIDN'T know an FPV could do THAT!!!!!). There's no way my experiences in a Holden/HSV could match that.
- Walking past a black GT with brake smoke pouring out of the back wheels after the circuit runs (I love the smell of brake pads in the afternoon).
- Finding that Brembo caliper paint burns (DOH)
And the No.1 highlight:
- The fact a road car did the circuit session without fuss time after time after time. In fact David Cuff nominated AP as being ready for the LeMans 24hr after seeing the Pursuit never stop the whole session through. This was a plus for FPV and Ford engineering.
Tell us about your highlights!!!