Ford Forums banner

FPV GT/GT-p Information (Renamed)

22K views 181 replies 75 participants last post by  AUII XR8 
#1 ·
Midnight Release of GT Facts?

Since the GT press release is tommorow... is there any chance of the facts coming out when the clock strikes 12 tonight :yummy:

Hopefully yes!

#2 ·
Since FPV are in Melbourne that mean's it would be EST. I can stay up till 12, but it would only be 9pm for WA residents. Some how I don't think this will happen though.

#4 ·
I believe press releases etc will be Friday to coincide with vehicle launch at the GT Nationals this weekend. Monday (today) will be a partial release of specs to dealers to assist customer orders.

Guess we wait till Friday for all the juicy stuff. I'm going to the GT nationals on Saturday to see some cars in the metal and plastic!

#5 ·
Just asked live help about gt gt-p and pursuit info at 10.30am est

Please wait for a site operator to respond.
You are now chatting with 'Cassandra'
Cassandra: Thank you for using our chat room. How can we help you?
you:Hi do you know when GT, GT-P, Pursuit pics and final specs will be released ?
Cassandra: I'll find that information for you now. I'll just be a moment.
Cassandra: We do not have a set date on when final pictures will be released, however it will be in the first quarter of this year.
you: thanks for the help see ya
Cassandra: Thank you for using our chat room. Good-bye.
Chat session has ended.

so much for the 20th

see ya

#7 ·
BeansNoMore said:
Given Aussie Pete's advice, perhaps one of the dealers on this forum could at least confirm receipt of such advice and maybe a sample of the info, if they won't be hung drawn and quartered by Geoff for doing so.
I'm trying to find out right now!:teach:

#8 ·
Where was it said that th 20th is the day? I am dissapointed.

#16 ·
FPV

Website will be updated on Jan 24, Dealers will have full information on January 30.............

The good news is that pricing and basic spec has been given to all dealers today.

I suggest anyone that is interested contact their nearest Ford dealer, and remember that FPV vehicles can be bought from any Ford dealer, not just FPV dealers. Everyone has access to them.

I will tell you the price for the GT Manual, 290Kw 520nM Tremec 5 Speed, 18" 5 spoke alloys...........$59850 plus on roads.

I won't be posting any more info so ask your friendly Ford Dealer if you want more info

#18 ·
$60k for a GT!!

Damn thats a good price:wnc: .

Gee, should I get an XR8 or a GT now?:help:

#22 ·
Yeah but look at the price of options: Brembos $5950!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and buy a Pursuit ute and it'll cost you $600 to get a six stack CD (Premium TFT display sound is not available).

Don't get me wrong, I'm still stoked but the brakes have me short of breath. Consider this:

Base BA brakes -----> FPV Premium Brakes = $2950
FPV --------> Brembos = $5950

That means the Brembos are worth $8900 over stock brakes. Ouch :teach: :argue2: I thought FPV were rethinking the price of these brakes. Brembos are stock on GT-P THOUGH.

#24 ·
Hmmm....They are priced to compete with Clubbie and R8....

Leaves room for the GTHO I suspect

#25 ·
lucas said:
Sweet news on the GT-P brakes ... justifies a nice chunk of the $10K difference :)
Yeah. Add leather and suede trim to the GT along with Brembos and the answer has to be GT-P every time. That makes the GT-P only $1-2k more!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.