FPV performance parts - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2003, 22:05   #1 (permalink)

Question FPV performance parts

has their been any news on FPV performance parts?
61sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2003, 22:36   #2 (permalink)
BattensPerformanceTuning

Not from Ford but we at B.P.T. have allready enquired about ignition systems adding around 20rwhp, supercharger that bolts straight on in 30 mins adding up to 70-80rwhp@9psi.
Allso gearbox mods, and quad camshaft specs (very expensive)

Would expect to to be able to get somthing over 440Kw with these mods.

Ecu is proving a challenge at this stage.
Also known as edxr8ebgt, BA GT #16, Blueprint, Premium Sound, Leather.
GT-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 22:44   #3 (permalink)

off the topic do you guys do anything for ef/el 6cyl? extractors,intakes,cams etc

where in perth are you guys?
61sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 22:56   #4 (permalink)
Blue Blooded Ford Man

Will you be making any parts to suit non FPV vehicles or earlier performance models of falcon?
Old 03-04-2003, 19:17   #5 (permalink)

Word has it the new EEC on the Boss BA's (in particular) is a real doosy and will be very difficult to crack and modify, especially going the chipping route. Am trying to get around it by piggy backing a Motec M800 off the back of the EEC but having some difficulty in locating someone in the know who can perform the job (and successfully). The piggyback Motec is my preferred option given that I'm now having a serious look at a beefy bolt-on blower for the Boss 290 with maybe a bit of NOS for good measure. The EEC on its ownwon't handle anything like this.
RolfW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2003, 20:41   #6 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

Quote:
Originally posted by RolfW
........ I'm now having a serious look at a beefy bolt-on blower for the Boss 290 with maybe a bit of NOS for good measure. The EEC on its ownwon't handle anything like this.
Interesting. What BMEPs would you be running once you supercharge this 10.5:1 CR engine? Let alone a beefy supercharger. It MUST be decompressed and that's a big job with a piston change required. Better to go for the 260 and start from there.

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003, 04:40   #7 (permalink)
DigsCobras

G'day all.
I'm posting to enquire if any FPV parts, such as quad cam heads and induction can be adapted to the 5.4 SOHC engine. I am asking this question because of the recent law changes regarding the registration of individaully constructed vehicles (Cobra kit).
The new ADRs require an engine that will pass emmisions applicable to the motor during the year of first registration.This means if I buy an engine that will pass the ADR emissions laws today , the same engine may not pass the emisssions requirements when the kit is redy for rego(average build time 1-3 years).
My original engine of choice , the 4.64v from a 2001 Mustang cobra may not pass. The only solution if I want to stick to Ford power is to use a 5.4 SOHC.At the moment FPV and Ford will not sell the 260 and 290 motors to the general public.If they do offer them I'm sure they will be big bucks! Here is the plan.Buy a 5.4SOHC from a wrecking yard, register the Cobra, replace heads , induction and engine management, then hey presto a 5.4 DOHC!
Can this be done? Will the standard 5.4 block accept the 260/290 heads etc?
Any help and advice would be very appreciated.
P.S. If any body knows of any current or future European manufactured cars (niche brands-low volume) using the SVT 4.6DOHC engine,please let me know.Aparantly an engine that passes the European emmisions laws will be acceptable down under. (ADR 79-00)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum