Veteran Ford Member
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Searching for a new home
FPV Target market
If you ever wondered how marketing sees the customer here is a little snippet from the Ford Performance Vehicles marketing plan.
Buyers in the High-Performance Vehicles Market will be the most passionate, high-involvement drivers in the large car segment. They will be educated motor enthusiasts and are usually chief opinion leaders for other buyer groups.
All high-performance vehicles buyers are connected by one thread, their mindset and attitude towards life, work and vehicles.
The key group FPV have identified as the communications target audience are referred to as the “Go Getters” mindset.
• Lead self-indulgent and individualistic lifestyles
• With an attitude of work hard now to play later, they are materialistically goal driven (house, possessions, relationship, cash) and are willing to take risks to achieve long-term goals
• Go Getters have the money and don't make any apologies about spending it on themselves
• They are business success stories and are therefore demanding by nature, hate incompetence and expect the best
• They live life to the fullest and want possessions that are the latest and greatest to reflect their competitive and ambitious lifestyle
• They crave peer group admiration through their purchases and will show off to their mates and the public at every opportunity
• They see themselves as 'winners', better than everyone else and on top of the heap
• Expressing a symbol of success through their purchase is essential and standing out from the crowd is a badge of that success
........ sound like you?
till next time