FPV website is down - BF GT coming soon? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2005, 15:16   #1 (permalink)

FPV website is down - BF GT coming soon?

Hi all,

I just noticed that the FPV website is down, which may mean they are finally putting the new models on it!:)

I can't imagine it will be down for too long if that is the reason it is down; if it is because of a problem it could be another matter.

Cheers,

FordGT19
fordgt19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2005, 03:50   #2 (permalink)
FF Moderator

Re: FPV website is down - BF GT coming soon?

Yes, better late than never I guess. It's still not working yet but I'm sure it will be by Monday..lol May become a bit of a non event now anyway as we've all seen most of the photo's and information.

WASP GT - Mk2 6 speed + Herrod =
CDAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 09:09   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDAA
Yes, better late than never I guess. It's still not working yet but I'm sure it will be by Monday..lol May become a bit of a non event now anyway as we've all seen most of the photo's and information.
yeah, i suppose so
fordgt19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 16:02   #4 (permalink)

I can't beleive these guys need over 24hrs to post a modified website, surely they made the changes before they decided to down the server. There must be some other issue.
xb351coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 16:29   #5 (permalink)
Very happy GT-P owner

I cant believe it, it has to be the sloppiest release of a new model ever. I am absolutely blownaway at the total non event this has been. No wonder Holden/HSV walk all over Ford/FPV, these guys just dont get how important stuff like this is.

3 days after the launch and there is still no web site, and no official photos released by FPV, its ridiculous and just shows how serious and professional FPV really arent.

If it wasnt for the guys on here and other forums posting photos, we would have bugger all info on the BF FPVs.

Ive just ordered a GT-P unseen like many others and the silence from FPV is really disappointing, you would thing that they would have shown their thanks to the people who put their faith in them, by giving them a preview of the model they have ordered. But no, they are more interested in people that already OWN FPVs.

Almost tempted to cancel my order and go visit HSV I know they would appreciate my order.
www.fpvxrclub.com.au
GTP07S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 16:46   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teza68
I cant believe it, it has to be the sloppiest release of a new model ever. I am absolutely blownaway at the total non event this has been. No wonder Holden/HSV walk all over Ford/FPV, these guys just dont get how important stuff like this is.

3 days after the launch and there is still no web site, and no official photos released by FPV, its ridiculous and just shows how serious and professional FPV really arent.

If it wasnt for the guys on here and other forums posting photos, we would have bugger all info on the BF FPVs.

Ive just ordered a GT-P unseen like many others and the silence from FPV is really disappointing, you would thing that they would have shown their thanks to the people who put their faith in them, by giving them a preview of the model they have ordered. But no, they are more interested in people that already OWN FPVs.

Almost tempted to cancel my order and go visit HSV I know they would appreciate my order.

I agee with most of your post, except the HSV guys will drop you like a hot potato as soon as they have your cash....Unfortunately all car dealers are the same......thanks for the 50k to 90k and don't let the door hit you on the way out.
xb351coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 16:56   #7 (permalink)

yer if you want another look at em get the lastest motor mag they are in it MAN they are HOT i love what they've done to the typhoons
brent_013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 03:26   #8 (permalink)
Wheelman

Quote:
Originally Posted by teza68
Yes, in terms of Multimedia and Marketing, FPV are very sub-average. Who in these days upgrades their website without even a placeholder in there until the new version comes online. When you visit their website, it simply does not exist. Maybe they have gone broke - well there's no mystery there as to how that would have happened ..............

Come on FPV, who of you want to step up from the marketing department and tell us how it really is that you can so successfully stuff the most straight forward thing up. I tell you HSV have got this whole thing sewn up - a slick marketing machine, good website and merchandise. Did I mention merchandise ...... how hard is it to obatain a decent range of FPC merchandise to purchase. You walk into a metro Ford Dealer, ask then if they have got a particular item in and they either look at you like you're from Mars and say they don't know what you're talking about or tell you there is no item in that size.

Glen
Old 10-16-2005, 05:51   #9 (permalink)
FF Moderator

I actually feel that the website marketing company, WDG that's responsible for the strategic development of the FPV website has alot to do with this. I say that because my own company is very similar to WDG interms of service and product offereing. We would be held accountable if we put one of our major clients (or any infact), into this type of position.

I only hope that this delay in updating the site is somehow part of an overall strategy that will benefit FPV long term. On the other hand maybe David should drop me a line next time they update their model range. I feel a trade coming on.....lol

P.S In terms of HSV having a good website however, I'm afraid I can't agree with you there. It's a shocker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossxr
Yes, in terms of Multimedia and Marketing, FPV are very sub-average. Who in these days upgrades their website without even a placeholder in there until the new version comes online. When you visit their website, it simply does not exist. Maybe they have gone broke - well there's no mystery there as to how that would have happened ..............

Come on FPV, who of you want to step up from the marketing department and tell us how it really is that you can so successfully stuff the most straight forward thing up. I tell you HSV have got this whole thing sewn up - a slick marketing machine, good website and merchandise. Did I mention merchandise ...... how hard is it to obatain a decent range of FPC merchandise to purchase. You walk into a metro Ford Dealer, ask then if they have got a particular item in and they either look at you like you're from Mars and say they don't know what you're talking about or tell you there is no item in that size.

Glen

WASP GT - Mk2 6 speed + Herrod =
CDAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 16:01   #10 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

Well, Monday morning and the website is there but you'd never know the BF existed. It still says new models coming soon. LOL.

That's the way they do business I guess.....

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum