Is an FPV worth it? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2004, 05:39   #1 (permalink)

Is an FPV worth it?

My GTP has has a series of issues over 10000km.

It has used 10 l of Mobil 1. Paid for by me.

Headlights blown. I bought new ones.

Stalls in rush hour traffic.

Climate air is noisy - makes a noise like ' woof, woof' every 15 secs to 2 mins when air is on.

Stalls in rush hour traffic over and over

Slower than an XR6T in timed trial ($35,000 difference in price)

When in traffic, and push in clutch, idle goes to about 1200 rpm before settling to real idle of 650rpm.

Cant open boot without alarm going off.

I rang my dealer 3 months ago to ask for assistance (not an FPV dealer) and he is yet to return my call.

Is this a normal FPV experience?
NZ GT-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2004, 05:45   #2 (permalink)
No stars in my eyes

Re: Is an FPV worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ GT-P
My GTP has has a series of issues over 10000km.

It has used 10 l of Mobil 1. Paid for by me.

Headlights blown. I bought new ones.

Stalls in rush hour traffic.

Climate air is noisy - makes a noise like ' woof, woof' every 15 secs to 2 mins when air is on.

Stalls in rush hour traffic over and over

Slower than an XR6T in timed trial ($35,000 difference in price)

When in traffic, and push in clutch, idle goes to about 1200 rpm before settling to real idle of 650rpm.

Cant open boot without alarm going off.

I rang my dealer 3 months ago to ask for assistance (not an FPV dealer) and he is yet to return my call.

Is this a normal FPV experience?

Seems to be at the moment......Where do you live .........some of the guys here know some really good dealerships that you can take your car to, and get the issue's addressed.....without to much fuss.

Proud Owner of a Tickford TE-50 T3 No 033.....13.62 @ 102.07mph..0-100-4.988 secs
firefox7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 06:09   #3 (permalink)

Dont get me started, you have a definiate oil issue, if I was you, id be reporting that so a new engine can be built. Stalling appears to be a common problem, it may need the flash the dealers do, other problems, Id be doing something about it, no way would I put up with that.
Adventra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 06:20   #4 (permalink)

I sympathise with you as I think a lot of us have had some issues. Having said that let me say that my dealer has always fixed all my problems with no questions asked. They even supplied a replacement car when a repair took longer than a day. It may take a while to sort all these issues out but you'll find that the dealer who sold you the car should be glad to help. If not call FPV and seek advice from them.

I take the view that the car has a 3 year warranty and this is plenty of time to get everything sorted. This is why I'm not stressing about it.
Old 05-14-2004, 06:59   #5 (permalink)

l am not sure they are worth it going on my recent experience. No doubt you have read about my driveline shunt issues, and while l dont want to regurgitate my exeriences in your thread, l have been very disappointed with the reaction it has receieved from Ford/FPV. The quality of these cars is no better than a base model, and neither is the customer service it seems.

BTW the alarm problem you describe is the same as what we also had. it was a simple earthing probblem that the service dept fixed quickly, very common unfortunatley. 10 lts of oil useage is way over the acceptable limit, and at $20/lt approx is getting bloody expensive too.
mondie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 07:56   #6 (permalink)

On the drive line shunt, I drove GT 0046 the other day, absolultly shocking, the worst car ive driven, it was worse than mine. Poor Phil, hes been putting up with it, he has reported it, they are sending someone out to look at it, see the more cars they look at, the more chance they will say, THATS NORMAL, get use to it.
Adventra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 12:29   #7 (permalink)
XR8 Mad

Sorry to hear about that NZ GT-P. Hope it works out for you!

And I am sure you will be looked after by the local FPV dealer.
Old 05-14-2004, 16:01   #8 (permalink)

Sorry, must add I am being looked after by a very good FPV dealer, who has a very skilled tech doing FPV work. Most probs sorted out immediately, but is just the inconveniance and the fact faults shouldn't happen.
NZ GT-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 17:05   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ GT-P
Sorry, must add I am being looked after by a very good FPV dealer, who has a very skilled tech doing FPV work. Most probs sorted out immediately, but is just the inconveniance and the fact faults shouldn't happen.
Well make up your mind ,reading your first Post your basically saying that you are having all these issue'e and getting no help at all or no response from your dealer.
Cheers John

"FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria"
If you have an XR6, XR8, T-Series or FPV vehicle (GTs) why not join.
Motorsport,Show n Shine,Cruise days,Factory tours,Special events
FPV and XR Owners Club of Victoria

www.fpvxrclub.com
Extra's Leather seats, Sunroof, Premium Sound, Satellite Navigation, Reversing Sensors,
GTP 320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 21:40   #10 (permalink)
When 2 T3s are not enough

Watch out!! the odd guy thats not having any trouble with the GT/GTP/XR8 or thay'll admit to will flame you, Get the flameproof suit ready. LOL
Street machine Feb 2002
TE50T3 Remember the GTHO? well your getting close.
Motor mag Jan 2002

Wouldn't you love to say that about your car?You loosers
Noboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum