Fpvxr Club Cruise - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2004, 03:36   #1 (permalink)

Fpvxr Club Cruise

The FPVXR Club is having a club cruise on the Sunday the 18th of January.
The run is from the Holden Fishermans Bend plant which is located in Salmon St South Melbourne. Melways Ref 42 H11. Meeting time is 9am for a 9-30 departure.
It is winding up at Queenscliff for a lunch at the Railway Hotel.
The drive takes you through Baccus Marsh, down to Geelong, Torquay and back along the beach roads to Barwon Heads and finally to Queenscliff. Its a good drive with plenty of open back roads.
It would be good to see some of the Ford Forum members on the run.
The contact for the event is Claire Campbell (Events Cord) FPVXR Club on 0402 104944 or Email ccampb38@ford.com.
So anyone wishing to join in needs to let Claire know ASAP for numbers for the lunch booking.

Last edited by Adventra; 01-07-2004 at 03:54.
Adventra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2004, 07:00   #2 (permalink)
Rip Up The Track Join OFR

Re: Fpvxr Club Cruise

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT 522
The run is from the Holden Fishermans Bend plant which is located in Salmon St South Melbourne.
LOL, but thats the wrong place to start a fpvxr run should be started at Henry's home in Broady...

PHANTOM BA XR8 UTE, AUTO, UNICHIP, APS TUNED 229 RWKW ET:13.47.

Rods Rocket, Boss n/a 290 Unichip Tuned by APS et:12.6@110 Mph
We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

XRFPV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 01:10   #3 (permalink)
Falcontastic.

Man I wish I lived closer to Melbourne,or a little further south.
Laser a maser.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 02:31   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
The FPVXR Club is having a club cruise on the Sunday the 18th of January.
The run is from the Holden Fishermans Bend plant which is located in Salmon St South Melbourne. Melways Ref 42 H11. Meeting time is 9am for a 9-30 departure.
It is winding up at Queenscliff for a lunch at the Railway Hotel.
The drive takes you through Baccus Marsh, down to Geelong, Torquay and back along the beach roads to Barwon Heads and finally to Queenscliff. Its a good drive with plenty of open back roads.
It would be good to see some of the Ford Forum members on the run.
The contact for the event is Claire Campbell (Events Cord) FPVXR Club on 0402 104944 or Email ccampb38@ford.com.
So anyone wishing to join in needs to let Claire know ASAP for numbers for the lunch booking.

Am I outta line here by asking WHY, yourself, Cam, and a few other GT owners aren't coming to Heathcote on the 10th?... I mean a drive along the beach sounds great!..as does a walk in the park! But after ALL those never ending posts Re: whos is the bloody quickest etc, (170 + posts SO far!!) I honestly thought that the REAL interest would be in the 13 odd seconds over a LEGAL strip?? Is it the Queenscliff caviar? OR are you PETRIFIED of 5 .. YES, FIVE BA Pursuits giving you damn "Hors d'oeuvre" eating, "DVD entertained", "Satalite navigated" sedan owners a fairdinkum belting on the dragstrip??
Old 01-08-2004, 02:42   #5 (permalink)
Rip Up The Track Join OFR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliewool
Am I outta line here by asking WHY, yourself, Cam, and a few other GT owners aren't coming to Heathcote on the 10th?... I mean a drive along the beach sounds great!..as does a walk in the park! But after ALL those never ending posts Re: whos is the bloody quickest etc, (170 + posts SO far!!) I honestly thought that the REAL interest would be in the 13 odd seconds over a LEGAL strip?? Is it the Queenscliff caviar? OR are you PETRIFIED of 5 .. YES, FIVE BA Pursuits giving you damn "Hors d'oeuvre" eating, "DVD entertained", "Satalite navigated" sedan owners a fairdinkum belting on the dragstrip??
/\/\/\/\yeah what he said/\/\/\/\ see you Saturday Charlie...

PHANTOM BA XR8 UTE, AUTO, UNICHIP, APS TUNED 229 RWKW ET:13.47.

Rods Rocket, Boss n/a 290 Unichip Tuned by APS et:12.6@110 Mph
We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

XRFPV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 03:10   #6 (permalink)

XRPFV8... Didn't wanna piss em off TOO much, by also informing them of the XR8 contingnent turning up that'd ALSO embarrass them!
Honestly, they prattle on about "mines 2ft quicker".. "you have better launch".."Freak of nature" etc.....
WHERE are they doing it? (never seen em at Calder?) NO offence... But, SURELY if these guys are serious about quantifying some of their, (sometimes outrageous) statements... Then Saturday is THE time, And Heathcote be THE place? (scared of tradies in utes, aren't ya?)

Last edited by Charliewool; 01-08-2004 at 03:16.
Charliewool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 03:28   #7 (permalink)
rod

greetings all
Charlie
i think they are having problems with there traction control switch, the switch is stuck in the "ON" position crusing around the city all day

maybee if they have the courage to turn up we can show them how the "TRUCKS" run with the "TRACTION CONTROL " turned off

regards
rod
Old 01-08-2004, 03:44   #8 (permalink)

Fair dinkum, have you blokes nothing better to do than have a go all the time. We both have prior engagements this weekend, so I am so sorry I cant be there to blow your doors off. Can you leave this thread alone, as I would like to leave 1 thread for people who want to go on this cruise. By the way, it starts from Holden plant due to joint with HSV club. Read our dyno day results.
Adventra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 03:55   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Fair dinkum, have you blokes nothing better to do than have a go all the time. We both have prior engagements this weekend, so I am so sorry I cant be there to blow your doors off. Can you leave this thread alone, as I would like to leave 1 thread for people who want to go on this cruise. By the way, it starts from Holden plant due to joint with HSV club. Read our dyno day results.
Geesus! Missing a day at the drags.....AND... going for a drive with a bunch of HSVs??? What is the world comin' to???

I mean...the best rapper is now a white guy....the biggest guy in the NBL is a Chinese guy....the world is ruled by three guys called Bush, Dick and Colon AND FPVs are now goin on Sunday drives with HSVs????

Just jokes...wish I could come along, but I have a prior engagement myself - Summernats!!!

Blood Orange GT-P
Zest Territory Ghia AWD
burnsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 04:06   #10 (permalink)

ooooops Sorry for your thread mate But really :wgaf:
Please Adrian get ya on the strip.. And we'll catch up for a couple after
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum