Gearbox seized no oil Good one Centre Ford. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2005, 05:01   #1 (permalink)
Injection is nice But

Gearbox seized no oil Good one Centre Ford.

Well today I got the verdict on the gearbox. (Short version).

Its dead totally F@@KED

Seized no oil,

Well done Centre Ford I am glad you suggested I go to another dealer

After I spoke to both dealer principle & service manager at Center Ford Yesterday & the service manager told me if I were not happy to go to another dealer .

Im soooooooooooo glad I have

Now I have the truth.

No one has phoned me to apologies for the inconvenience & loss of income I suffered.
(Delays waiting for tow truck caused me to miss flight to Hong Kong for business meeting)

There is the full version of this posted "under an open letter to ford."

When delivered car had 3 faults, engine noise, excessive driveline back lash & noise from gear box in 1st, 3rd & 5th. It taken two years but we may have fixed them.

This would be funny if it was not true!

Car History Centre Ford

1.First told me excessive engine noise , normal ( later found two broken rockers, damaged camshafts +++ ) engine rebuilt at FPV.

2.Told me drive line clunk normal for high performance car & diff noise from tyres ( replaced diff amazing noise gone)

3.Left 2 of the 4 bolts out of sway bar mounting bracket. ( broke bracket)
I replaced myself.

4. Left bolts loose in the cross menber & front suspension when replacing motor. ( I had to tighten)

5. Scratched front spoiler.

6. Painted front spoiler, scratched again as they returned car to me in car park, left screws our of under tray.

7. Traction control works intermitantly ( told due to lower springs)

7. Now the latest " performed warranty repair to gear box & did not refil with oil"

When I picked up the car & told them what I suspected told me we can't look at it now & do not have a loner. If it blows up we will cover it.

When I phoned on Monday to explain the situation .

All I wanted was a loner car & my car fixed properly.

After the BS RESPONSE

Now I just want to SUE to recover my costs.
BAGTHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2005, 05:06   #2 (permalink)

Re: Gearbox seized no oil Good one Centre Ford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAGTHO

Its dead totally F@@KED

Seized no oil,

After I spoke to both dealer principle & service manager at Center Ford Yesterday & the service manager told me if I were not happy to go to another dealer .

Now I have the truth.

No one has phoned me to apologies for the inconvenience & loss of income I suffered.
(Delays waiting for tow truck caused me to miss flight to Hong Kong for business meeting)

When delivered car had 3 faults, engine noise, excessive driveline back lash & noise from gear box in 1st, 3rd & 5th. It taken two years but we may have fixed them.

Car History Centre Ford

1.First told me excessive engine noise , normal ( later found two broken rockers, damaged camshafts +++ ) engine rebuilt at FPV.

2.Told me drive line clunk normal for high performance car & diff noise from tyres ( replaced diff amazing noise gone)

I replaced myself.

4. Left bolts loose in the cross menber & front suspension when replacing motor. ( I had to tighten)

6. Painted front spoiler, scratched again as they returned car to me in car park, left screws our of under tray.

7. Now the latest " performed warranty repair to gear box & did not refil with oil"

When I picked up the car & told them what I suspected told me we can't look at it now & do not have a loner. If it blows up we will cover it.

After the BS RESPONSE

lol morons.
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 05:57   #3 (permalink)

Well how about having the "Ford Service Technicians" open your box from the front cone for an inspection only to thread the bolts when putting it back together and load the cone with silicone in the hope that it would not leak only to have it leak very slowly over a 1 year period and then when you ask them to look at it they say you have to pay for the inspection time as it is a week out of the warranty so you take it elsewhere onl;y to be told of the reason for the oil leak and when you tell the service department at the dealers they again tell you its out of warranty even though it is now clearly not a warranty but a duty of care issue and they give you a $3000 quote for repair. PRICELESS

Now as out of breath and frustrated as you are reading allof that without any punctuation is about 10%of the way I felt at the time and still do, however am about to start small claims proceedings so maybe I can get some frustration out LOL.
XRQTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 16:15   #4 (permalink)

Bloody hell mate!! This is no good.

If it was their fault in the first place then I would assume you will be able to get something back via the courts. Sheesh! could not blame you if you gave Ford the big flick.

Well they say the Camry is very reliable .

Seriously, hang in there. You make life for them as much of a pain as they have obviously done to you.

I think I might try Titan Ford for the services on my Phoon from now on.

cheers

Peter
She's just freaking feral now
Aussie_Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 15:36   #5 (permalink)
Magnificence in Motion

Jesus! No wonder I don't wanna let the monkeys at my dealer at my XR8!
She has the ticking timing chain tensioners and I am loathe to let them at it, I just know they'll F**k something and I'll regret letting them have her. It is her only prob and she's just about to tick over 15000k's. I think I'll put up with it!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_Geo
Bloody hell mate!! This is no good.

If it was their fault in the first place then I would assume you will be able to get something back via the courts. Sheesh! could not blame you if you gave Ford the big flick.

Well they say the Camry is very reliable .

Seriously, hang in there. You make life for them as much of a pain as they have obviously done to you.

I think I might try Titan Ford for the services on my Phoon from now on.

cheers

Peter
Our local Taxi boys went Camry's from Falcon's and are very unhappy!! So I would look into that a little more!!

It's not Ford that deserve the flick, it's the morons that are supposedly mechanics!

It's obvious that Supervision in the workshop is non existent, you can bet they've got apprentices with no idea doing most of the work, first big problem, you can bet they don't give a monkeys, next big prob, the boss can't give a monkeys obviously, the biggest problem, well does'nt all that add up to a quality days work on your pride and joy!

Then they could'nt give a monkeys when you inform them of their quality workmanship!

I know of a Subaru owner who drove around for years with a big sign on the roof that read Subaru spare parts- rip off prices! Maybe Center Ford need a dose of something along this line to jolt some concern and interest in the quality of their work. I'll bet they would show concern and interest about the sign!

I'm glad they are not my dealer and I hope I never have to come on here with a horror story!

I said to the ICWS ( In Car Whingeing System )
"What's the problem, it's a victimless crime...except for him, he lost!"

XcelR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 17:01   #6 (permalink)
Injection is nice But

Quote:
Originally Posted by XcelR8
Jesus! No wonder I don't wanna let the monkeys at my dealer at my XR8!
She has the ticking timing chain tensioners and I am loathe to let them at it, I just know they'll F**k something and I'll regret letting them have her. It is her only prob and she's just about to tick over 15000k's. I think I'll put up with it!!!!!

Our local Taxi boys went Camry's from Falcon's and are very unhappy!! So I would look into that a little more!!

It's not Ford that deserve the flick, it's the morons that are supposedly mechanics!

It's obvious that Supervision in the workshop is non existent, you can bet they've got apprentices with no idea doing most of the work, first big problem, you can bet they don't give a monkeys, next big prob, the boss can't give a monkeys obviously, the biggest problem, well does'nt all that add up to a quality days work on your pride and joy!

Then they could'nt give a monkeys when you inform them of their quality workmanship!

I know of a Subaru owner who drove around for years with a big sign on the roof that read Subaru spare parts- rip off prices! Maybe Center Ford need a dose of something along this line to jolt some concern and interest in the quality of their work. I'll bet they would show concern and interest about the sign!

I'm glad they are not my dealer and I hope I never have to come on here with a horror story!
Finally got the answer, Centre Ford are supplying a new gear box. (About time)
I get a loaner car today, five days after the incident.

I put this on the forum to warn as many as possible, that having this she be right attitude with our cars is not good enough.
Old 09-03-2005, 19:08   #7 (permalink)

That's bad luck.

I took my car there for warranty work as the diff was leaking oil. I asked them not to reflash the pcm with any updates. When they asked why I told them the car had bigger injectors, bigger dump pipe and cat, and that the car would not run on the standard program anymore. They didnt have any issue with my requests or mods done to the car, in fact they were amazed at how it ran with the 15psi program in it.

Needless to say the car was picked up that afternoon with a new diff installed. Car goes as good as ever. I know I'd be going back to Centre Ford again.

Sorry your experience hasn't been as good as mine has.
Old 09-10-2005, 04:59   #8 (permalink)
Injection is nice But

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6 XR6T
That's bad luck.

I took my car there for warranty work as the diff was leaking oil. I asked them not to reflash the pcm with any updates. When they asked why I told them the car had bigger injectors, bigger dump pipe and cat, and that the car would not run on the standard program anymore. They didnt have any issue with my requests or mods done to the car, in fact they were amazed at how it ran with the 15psi program in it.

Needless to say the car was picked up that afternoon with a new diff installed. Car goes as good as ever. I know I'd be going back to Centre Ford again.

Sorry your experience hasn't been as good as mine has.

Two weeks later & still waiting to get my car fixed.

FPV & Centre Ford have once again let me down.

FPV told me that a lot of people in Ford were watching this case Closely.

Well FPV talk is Cheap & I'm still waiting............................!

Mr Flint , Would you be happy to wait two weeks to get you're car fixed if I stuffed up?

I don't think so! Well either am I !

If this is as good as FPV can do its no where good enough!

Old 10-03-2005, 21:27   #9 (permalink)
Life is just a Ride!

That is just shocking.... Hope that I don't end up with that sort of story

Baz
Old 10-03-2005, 23:38   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAGTHO

Its dead totally F@@KED

Seized no oil,

Now I have the truth.

Car History Centre Ford

I replaced myself.

After the BS RESPONSE

Well its all documented in your diary ?
if so its admissable in court , assuming you can provide proof and document this then your solicitor will advise to sue , take the matter directly to ford through your solicitor and make sure another dealer does the repair and forwards the charge to these dicks
Good luck...
Keep us apraised
atec77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum