Getting a new diff, Great service - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2005, 23:05   #1 (permalink)
Formerly Ford GT BA
 
THE MUTHA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Perth
Age: 61
Posts: 68
Smile Getting a new diff, Great service

I rang Chritian at McInerney Ford today about a few problems I've been having with the Gt, mainly the car has stalled a couple of times while trying to cross traffic, the diff whine that has developed and a rattle in 3rd gear. I was told to bring it in for the computor flash as soon as I get back from work and they would organise to get the rattle looked at and check the diff noise, Chritian also said that the supplier had recognised there was a problem with the driveline shunt and there was a fix for that by replacing the diff but it would not neccasarily? fix the diff whine that has developed which it looks like on this forum seems to be a problem as well. Anyway I was told that the parts would be ordered and when I'm at work they will fit up the new diff, I must say that I have only had good dealings with Christian, nothing is too much trouble. Hopefully the new diff will fix things and the flash will stop any more heart stopping moments.
THE MUTHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-10-2005, 23:45   #2 (permalink)
GEARBOX WRECKER
 
GT-P 738's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Pretty Quick GT-P
Age: 45
Posts: 475
Re: Getting a new diff, Great service

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORD GT BA
I rang Chritian at McInerney Ford today about a few problems I've been having with the Gt, mainly the car has stalled a couple of times while trying to cross traffic, the diff whine that has developed and a rattle in 3rd gear. I was told to bring it in for the computor flash as soon as I get back from work and they would organise to get the rattle looked at and check the diff noise, Chritian also said that the supplier had recognised there was a problem with the driveline shunt and there was a fix for that by replacing the diff but it would not neccasarily? fix the diff whine that has developed which it looks like on this forum seems to be a problem as well. Anyway I was told that the parts would be ordered and when I'm at work they will fit up the new diff, I must say that I have only had good dealings with Christian, nothing is too much trouble. Hopefully the new diff will fix things and the flash will stop any more heart stopping moments.

SERVICE,you talk about.MY car is still sitting on the hoist at a dealer with no diff because i was told today that they have ordered it but cannot give me any sort of lead time as to when it might get here.

Remind me what year we are in.
__________________
GT-P Blood Orange Manual
13.17@106.38 271.9 RWKW'S Tuned by Simon from
Xtreme Ford Tuning

"Hate it or love it,the underdog's on top"
Standard Headers and Rubber & More to Come.
04 Focus Zetec R
YELLOW GLOW XB GT
GT-P 738 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 12:08   #3 (permalink)
FPV GT Owner
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Emu Heights
Age: 36
Posts: 363
Re: Getting a new diff, Great service

Why did you take you car in for the work to be done without being told the part was available? I would get the old diff back in and on the road until they get the new diff in
__________________
May 2003 GT Falcon - 0140 - http://members.optushome.com.au/drglasson/Car
Herrods Exhaust - Herrods Springs - Batten's Air Induction Kit - K&N Filter - Bonus Busted Auto Transmission Take 2 + Bonus Busted Diff Take 2
DGROMS.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 16:40   #4 (permalink)
GEARBOX WRECKER
 
GT-P 738's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Pretty Quick GT-P
Age: 45
Posts: 475
Re: Getting a new diff, Great service

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGROMS.com
Why did you take you car in for the work to be done without being told the part was available? I would get the old diff back in and on the road until they get the new diff in
I took it in because i had no second gear,and asked what the progress on the diff replacement was and was told FPV are replacing them if they are whining etc so i said might as well do it while it's here.

Litle did i know that they can't get one.
__________________
GT-P Blood Orange Manual
13.17@106.38 271.9 RWKW'S Tuned by Simon from
Xtreme Ford Tuning

"Hate it or love it,the underdog's on top"
Standard Headers and Rubber & More to Come.
04 Focus Zetec R
YELLOW GLOW XB GT
GT-P 738 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 07:12   #5 (permalink)
Formerly Ford GT BA
 
THE MUTHA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Perth
Age: 61
Posts: 68
Re: Getting a new diff, Great service

Took mine in today when I got home and Had the computor flashed, seems to run a little better now. The diff will be about 8 weeks so GT-P 738 dont hold your breath on that. Jason took the car for a run and agrees the diff whines and the dreaded shunt is there but hopefully now the wheels are in motion it should be ok
THE MUTHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 12:23   #6 (permalink)
X-DM!!
 
rod c's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 1,114
Re: Getting a new diff, Great service

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGROMS.com
Why did you take you car in for the work to be done without being told the part was available? I would get the old diff back in and on the road until they get the new diff in
Might as well stick with the old diff.......... after awhile the new one will sound the same as the diff you have anyway!!
rod c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 12:55   #7 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: sydney
Posts: 228
Re: Getting a new diff, Great service

Quote:
Originally Posted by rod c
Might as well stick with the old diff.......... after awhile the new one will sound the same as the diff you have anyway!!
That is a fact. I had the diff in the XR8 replaced and in less then 3000K's the new diff is now as bad if not worse then the original diff. Interesting point though the new diff only took 5 days to be delivered, so why is it taking so long for others?.
GTP193 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 16:43   #8 (permalink)
GEARBOX WRECKER
 
GT-P 738's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Pretty Quick GT-P
Age: 45
Posts: 475
Re: Getting a new diff, Great service

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORD GT BA
Took mine in today when I got home and Had the computor flashed, seems to run a little better now. The diff will be about 8 weeks so GT-P 738 dont hold your breath on that. Jason took the car for a run and agrees the diff whines and the dreaded shunt is there but hopefully now the wheels are in motion it should be ok
8 Weeks ,ill be going to get the car bak im thinkin i got times to beat and tyres to fry.
__________________
GT-P Blood Orange Manual
13.17@106.38 271.9 RWKW'S Tuned by Simon from
Xtreme Ford Tuning

"Hate it or love it,the underdog's on top"
Standard Headers and Rubber & More to Come.
04 Focus Zetec R
YELLOW GLOW XB GT
GT-P 738 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Diff Changes fOrD mAn Xf Trans | Driveline 30 06-30-2004 03:17
Queries for EF diff onto EBII? Please help! BOSXR8 Trans | Driveline 3 06-27-2004 05:31
Some various diff questions regarding IRS NZ Trans | Driveline 3 06-15-2004 03:28
diff run in period RB30DEVL Trans | Driveline 6 12-23-2003 02:53
towing II???...diff ratios?? Aussie6 Trans | Driveline 6 07-01-2003 03:27

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 15:46.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.