Ford Forums banner

GT 522 orders 2nd GT

10K views 95 replies 31 participants last post by  Adventra 
#1 · (Edited)
Well I did it today, finaly was able to order my second GT. The Clubsport is history and i will say im not going to miss that car. I am a true Ford fan and believe me it has been hard to drive that thing when ive had to. Me and the Mrs often swap cars and up until we had both these cars there was always a lesser car as the second one, well not any more.
It will have the same specs as mine when I take delivery, col air exhaust and tined windows. Delivery should take to 4 to 6 weeks. It is a Lightning Strike manual, prem sound, stripes.
I have been looking for about 2 weeks and was trying to get an 03 plated stock vechicle, but there was not many left. I did get a look at the Ford stock computer and did see that there was exactly that car coming out of Ford this week.
It was going to a dealer in Wagga, N.S.W, named, HILLIS FORD. Well we rang them to try and get that car, we were told by them NO WAY, it is as good as sold when they get it. They rang me on Monday arvo and told me they had got it and that I had to pay about $5000 extra than id been quoted off a local dealer for it. I said bye bye. I rang them today and was told they still have the car and that it had been reg and now is a demo.
I am REARLY PISSED that, that dealer was greedy and lied to my dealer about being able to sell the car. This is another example of dealership poor handling of things, as they say we are all on the same team, but some dealers are GREEDYER than others, arnt they MARK HILLIS.
So next time im looking for a car, dont bother with them.
On the other side of the coin, ETHERIDGE FORD VERMONT and in particular, SHAUN ARNOT, top guy to talk with and competitive.
I did also deal with a lovley lady at COSTANZO FORD BUNDOORA, by the name of FEAUINA SULLIVAN, got the best quote from her in Melb. If I did not get mine from WIGNALL, that lady is the one to see.
I have picked this car up for about $61 and half drive away, so shop around as i paid $70 for GT 522 three months ago.
Im now hanging for it and we will have a true FORD garage once more when the darkside goes.

See less See more
#3 ·
Steve said:
But there's still time for a run against the Clubbie. You'll be in trouble if she wins and decides she wants to keep it. LOL
Yep, flogg the clubbie now, as its gone, history, no more, contract has been sighned sealed. SHE IS NOT GOING TO WIN

#5 ·
Adrian who's going to drive the new one, what color stripes did you order ??

#9 ·
That behaviour by the dealer is just appauling. Unless a dealer had a lined up buyer with deposit paid it should have been handing it over, rather than having fun with it for 48 hours and slapping a demo price on it.

Geez... Ford dealers aren't doing much for the resale value of GT's at the moment with that kind of attitude...

#12 ·
Congratulation Adrian it will be good to see two GTs parked in the in your garage.
But watch out for my Blueprint beast LOL
Cheers John

#13 ·
Charliewool said:
Adrian... Did you look at a stang?... I really think, there's some great value there!.. I mean 59k .. Wow! (only My opinion)
Nice car the Stang but the quality leaves a lot to be desired compared to the GT.
Cheers John

#17 ·
blackout said:
Personally I would have waited until the Typhoon release.

Id prefer two different cars rather than the same...
Personaly, im an 8 man and so is the mrs, turbo 6 does not interest us in the slightest. We drive both cars at different stages, I do most of driving, now all I have to think about is which color i drive today.

#18 ·
XRFPV8 said:
Adrian who's going to drive the new one, what color stripes did you order ??
The new one is for the Handbrake, which momentarly has let go, its taken me since our last calder meet to talk her around into getting rid of the darkside mobile. It has the orange stripe comb, they are blood orange stripes and the inside stiching is also orange to match. I think we need to have a re match tonight, and I will see if i can get power to the ground.

#19 ·
sniper545 said:
BE careful GT 522, It's not a done deal until you are driving the new car off the showroom. don't let the dealer find out about you "dis-respecting" the clubbie!
Yep, the dealer is a friend of mine, and he knows what i get up to. A couple of runs at Calder aint going to hurt it. It has been well and truly babied because it has been useless for the last couple of months, clutch gone and oil pump failure.

#21 ·
CDAA said:
Great news Adrain, you'll be twice as happy now! The Clubbie is a great car, but it's no GT
You are right, its been a dream of mine to get two beasts like this together, and you are on the money a Clubbie is no GT.
Yours looks good in that pic too, what do you think, better than the AU

#22 ·
GT 522 said:
Yeh yeh, TONIGHT IS THE REMATCH, and I am going to blow his doors off.
blew my tailgate off, well done Adrian on your ET:13.75

#23 ·
GT 522 said:
Well I did it today, finaly was able to order my second GT. The Clubsport is history and i will say im not going to miss that car. I am a true Ford fan and believe me it has been hard to drive that thing when ive had to. Me and the Mrs often swap cars and up until we had both these cars there was always a lesser car as the second one, well not any more.
It will have the same specs as mine when I take delivery, col air exhaust and tined windows. Delivery should take to 4 to 6 weeks. It is a Lightning Strike manual, prem sound, stripes.
I have been looking for about 2 weeks and was trying to get an 03 plated stock vechicle, but there was not many left. I did get a look at the Ford stock computer and did see that there was exactly that car coming out of Ford this week.
It was going to a dealer in Wagga, N.S.W, named, HILLIS FORD. Well we rang them to try and get that car, we were told by them NO WAY, it is as good as sold when they get it. They rang me on Monday arvo and told me they had got it and that I had to pay about $5000 extra than id been quoted off a local dealer for it. I said bye bye. I rang them today and was told they still have the car and that it had been reg and now is a demo.
I am REARLY PISSED that, that dealer was greedy and lied to my dealer about being able to sell the car. This is another example of dealership poor handling of things, as they say we are all on the same team, but some dealers are GREEDYER than others, arnt they MARK HILLIS.
So next time im looking for a car, dont bother with them.
On the other side of the coin, ETHERIDGE FORD VERMONT and in particular, SHAUN ARNOT, top guy to talk with and competitive.
I did also deal with a lovley lady at COSTANZO FORD BUNDOORA, by the name of FEAUINA SULLIVAN, got the best quote from her in Melb. If I did not get mine from WIGNALL, that lady is the one to see.
I have picked this car up for about $61 and half drive away, so shop around as i paid $70 for GT 522 three months ago.
Im now hanging for it and we will have a true FORD garage once more when the darkside goes.
sorry if my wires are crossed but wasn't it you not so long ago telling us all how the clubbie was just so much better than a gt.

well you soon came around.

#24 ·
Congratulations Adrian!!! How good would it be to have TWO GTs parked in the in the garage!!! But u kno me adrian... I like my Sixes, and i woulda gone for a F6 Typhoon... then u could of had the best of both worlds!!! Muahah, congrats any way mate! and like what John said... watch out for his blue beast :p :muha:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.