Gt 522 V Gtp 200 Dyno Day - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2004, 04:00   #1 (permalink)

Gt 522 V Gtp 200 Dyno Day

Today we went to visit MR HERROD and see what our cars run on his dyno.
There is a couple of photos and a little footage that Cam will put up as soon as he can.
GT 522 went first and it is a dead stocker at that stage and posted 232.3 kw at the rear wheels. Thats pretty good for a stock one.
GTP 200 went next and posted a 234 kw at the rear wheels.
So there is the answer why my car keeps up with Cams, as the kw are identicle. Cams has lost 24kw from when it was last dynoed, so they are going to have a look see very soon to see whats gone wrong.
Rob Herrod said to me that my car was the highest km stock car thats been dynoed and the ones that are usually done are new ones with mods done that are not giving true readings due to them not being run in.
These cars seem to be all indvidual and they improve from 5000k to 10000k and a remap takes place. It is definiately worth running them in up to 10000k and then get a dyno done as every car is an individual.
I did cold air induction to mine tonight (ss) and that alone has made a big difference. Fitted it my self in 2hrs and it was easy.
Adventra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2004, 04:13   #2 (permalink)
FF Moderator

Re: Gt 522 V Gtp 200 Dyno Day

[QUOTE=GT 522]Today we went to visit MR HERROD and see what our cars run on his dyno.
It is definiately worth running them in up to 10000k and then get a dyno done as every car is an individual.QUOTE]

Great result and explains allot.

When you say running it in up to 10,000k, that's pretty high, I thought the run in period was 1000km (or was it a typo?). What did you do to run it in?

I hope you feel more positive about your GT now in reference to your previous comments on it's earlier permfornace vs your Clubbie. I'm not suggusting that your Clubbie doesn't go well BTW.

WASP GT - Mk2 6 speed + Herrod =
CDAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 04:28   #3 (permalink)
Rip Up The Track Join OFR

hi GT522, yeah not bad for a car that you were not to keen on giving it to much praise...
i bet you were happy after that....i know Cams car lost 24 kw.. but being a auto wouldn't that result in lower rear wheel kilowatt ? Maybe the automatic cars need the mods to push the same power as a stock manual at the RW.
thx..

PHANTOM BA XR8 UTE, AUTO, UNICHIP, APS TUNED 229 RWKW ET:13.47.

Rods Rocket, Boss n/a 290 Unichip Tuned by APS et:12.6@110 Mph
We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

XRFPV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 05:03   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRFPV8
hi GT522, yeah not bad for a car that you were not to keen on giving it to much praise...
i bet you were happy after that....i know Cams car lost 24 kw.. but being a auto wouldn't that result in lower rear wheel kilowatt ? Maybe the automatic cars need the mods to push the same power as a stock manual at the RW.
thx..
G'day XRPFV8

The great thing about RWkw is it shows you the "End Result" power. Its because our end result power was so close, that meant we were neack and neck on the road most of the time.

This is only accurate when you are talking about similar cars and weight. The Auto Loss you are talking about usually means a 5% loss through the gearbox.

In regards to "Maybe the automatic cars need the mods to push the same power as a stock manual at the RW", good theory but I've lost 24 rwkw since the last dyno a month or so ago. All my mods at a guess has pushed up 35-45 rwkw from stock.

On the other note if I didnt have the Uni-chip, the remaining mods would at a guess make up for the Auto Box power loss. (zorst, headers, open mouth air).

Hope that helps

cam

Last edited by GTP 200; 01-08-2004 at 05:09.
GTP 200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 05:46   #5 (permalink)

***** PICS *******

Here are a couple of pics from the day.

If anyone knows an easy way to convert .3PG to .MPG or .AVI, pls PM me.

Thanks

cam
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image074.jpg (29.2 KB, 141 views)
File Type: jpg Image077.jpg (27.5 KB, 112 views)
Old 01-08-2004, 12:54   #6 (permalink)

my last dyno at herrods was 2 months ago with 244 at the wheels
going back late today for yet another mod that the master has made,
i will keep you posted
cheers.

Last edited by mygt; 01-09-2004 at 03:30.
mygt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 17:26   #7 (permalink)
Copyright �2003

Remember that this is a comparison between 2 cars. It's not fair to judge whether a mod makes a difference or not unless it's done on the same car.

For example if GTP200s mods increased rwkw by 30-35kw to 260 odd rwkw, then you would probably find that if the same mods were done to GT522s car then rwkw may increase by 30-35rwkw and take it to 270 odd rwkw. Pretty damn close overall.

I'm sure Rob has mentioned it before, but the stock BOSS does vary quite dramatically from car to car. From what I've read and heard, the LS1 in stock form varies as well. It's just the way things are.

the house of grunt
Click on the above link to go to a site about my cars, old and new.
Grunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 17:56   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRFPV8
thx..
Yes, im happy with the car now, as it does go hard and look good. As it goes for the Clubbie, that car is not bad either, but the GT is stronger and will beat it. With the SS induction now down on mine, I do feel ive gained some more, definiately down low.
Old 01-08-2004, 18:02   #9 (permalink)

[QUOTE=CDAA]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT 522
Today we went to visit MR HERROD and see what our cars run on his dyno.
It is definiately worth running them in up to 10000k and then get a dyno done as every car is an individual.QUOTE]

Great result and explains allot.

When you say running it in up to 10,000k, that's pretty high, I thought the run in period was 1000km (or was it a typo?). What did you do to run it in?

I hope you feel more positive about your GT now in reference to your previous comments on it's earlier permfornace vs your Clubbie. I'm not suggusting that your Clubbie doesn't go well BTW.
What I mean by running in up to 10000k, is get the ks on it and the remap takes place and the car should be loosened up by then. I dont mean run it in literally up to 10000k. I felt my car improved week by week from 2000k to whats on it now, approx 6000k. The difference is two fold, unless I didnt feel it for myself, id never believe it could be so different.
Old 01-08-2004, 18:05   #10 (permalink)

One thing I would like to add, that I met Rob Herrod for the first time yesterday and was impressed by the set up and how happy he was to put the cars on the dyno. He spoke to me about a wide range of issues we with these cars, and I would like to thank him for his time, and giving us some results.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum