Gt Alarms - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2005, 16:34   #1 (permalink)

Gt Alarms

Does any one know how to reset the GT alarm so that the alarm doesn't go off when you open the boot via the remote. I used to be able to open the boot without unlocking the car, but now I have to unlock the car first. Any assistance will be much appreciated.
gnatsum is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2005, 18:59   #2 (permalink)

Re: Gt Alarms

GT alarms seem to have lots of problems..in my mums series one the alarm would go off randomly at least twice a week...sometimes even wen she was driving along

SOON TO COME
LOWERED - KING SPRING SUPER LOWS
CUSTOM BOOT INSTALL
barthez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 19:49   #3 (permalink)
Horse-Power Hungry

My alarm is exactly the same, used to be able to open the boot, if it beeps twice the alarm will go off when opened and if it beeps 3 times you can open it no problems. My alarm has started to go off when I start the car and you can't turn it off, I end up driving down the road until it times out, there is no way to stop it.

Took it to the dealer and they have advised me to buy a new car battery?? Should I do this and then can I get the dealer to pay for it when it doesn't work, as I bet it won't fix the problem.
Old 09-26-2005, 22:29   #4 (permalink)
Conan

My GTP stopped doing this once the CAPA edit was installed
Old 09-27-2005, 03:08   #5 (permalink)

excuse my ignorance.but was is a "cappa edit"?
Funtime25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 04:16   #6 (permalink)
"HSV I JUST BLEW ONE"

This was an issue with mine also took it to the dealer and they replaced the alarm module , this is a faulty alarm module get them to replace it, no exceptions.
DABOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 18:24   #7 (permalink)
BLACK PANTHER

Guys l think these dealerships talk crap and feed you alot of bullshit.

The problem is there are 2 ways of connecting the factory alarm 1. is for a sedan and the other is for the ute. What happens is that they connect the wrong wire for the boot and this is why the alarm goes off when the boot is opened with the alarm turned on.....as l know the guys who supply and make the alarm.....
ORSMXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 06:03   #8 (permalink)
SHAKEN, not stirred

Sometimes the alarm module gets drunk, remove the positive battery lead for about tem minutes and then replace. Had that same problem about three times, and has not occured any more.

Regards
Paul

check our website
www.fpvclub.com

BA GT....CITRIC, with its own set of black skidmarks along the sides. and boost fed from a set of pulleys.
Happiness is a Blown GT and the lovely Lizzie by my Side
Paul V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 13:36   #9 (permalink)
Magnificence in Motion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funtime25
excuse my ignorance.but was is a "cappa edit"?
The Edit is new software for the ECU to run the engine which replaces the dodgy Ford software. It's available from a few different suppliers like CAPA (capa.com.au) called Ford Flash Tuner or Herrods Motorsport called the Stealth. They are the same thing from SCT from America, the guys came out and figured out the BA's and did us all a big favour. It has recently been upgraded with revised programming too.

It can be custom tuned to suit your vehicle by a certified tuner or you can use the generic tune from the box for good results, best results come from having it custom tuned.I use the generic tune in mine and love it, I am too far away from a custom tuner, although it can be done by mail, you get a dyno sheet, post off your box and sheet and the tuner loads a custom program for your vehicle............. why have'nt I done that yet???????

I said to the ICWS ( In Car Whingeing System )
"What's the problem, it's a victimless crime...except for him, he lost!"

XcelR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum