GT In Geelong - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2002, 04:56   #1 (permalink)
CBF Member

GT In Geelong

Hey Yall

While i was out last night I had seen a Blue Barra in the corner of my eye so i had abit of a closer look and at first i thought it was a XR8 couse of the bonnet bulge but then i had a closer look and I had knoticed that it was a GT as of the body kit and its big ass wheelz and boy she looks unreal, it didn't have and GT or FPV baging on it so i couldn't tell ya if it was a reall GT or just a mock up barra with the GT bod kit and wheelz on it. It was in that bright colour, and it looked nice as. At the same time i got to have a look in the interiour and that also looked quite nice as wheel alittle hard to see though as it was quite dark at the time I can tell you it was a manual GT and the gear stick was the same as the one in the XR6, So to every one in Geelong keep ya eyes out for a Blue GT you may at first think its a XR8 but in fact its a GT.

Regards Xploded....

P.S Great Work Ford And Keep It Up ::::
Xploded is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2002, 09:53   #2 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

Re: GT In Geelong

Quote:
Originally posted by Xploded
Hey Yall

While i was out last night I had seen a Blue Barra in the corner of my eye so i had abit of a closer look and at first i thought it was a XR8 couse of the bonnet bulge but then i had a closer look and I had knoticed that it was a GT as of the body kit and its big ass wheelz and boy she looks unreal, it didn't have and GT or FPV baging on it so i couldn't tell ya if it was a reall GT or just a mock up barra with the GT bod kit and wheelz on it. It was in that bright colour, and it looked nice as. At the same time i got to have a look in the interiour and that also looked quite nice as wheel alittle hard to see though as it was quite dark at the time I can tell you it was a manual GT and the gear stick was the same as the one in the XR6, So to every one in Geelong keep ya eyes out for a Blue GT you may at first think its a XR8 but in fact its a GT.

Regards Xploded....

P.S Great Work Ford And Keep It Up ::::
Hmm very interesting. I hope we start seeing some at work real soon. Probaby not till the new Showroom is built.
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)
Switchable Shift Kit, K&N panel filter, Lukey straight thru mufflers, momo gear and steer,
DBA slotted rotors/Bendix ultimate pads (front), Pioneer MP3 head unit and BA XR carpet mats.

Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 20:14   #3 (permalink)

I saw this as well Friday night, it took us a little while to work out whether it was an XR8 or GT because it didn't have the GT rear spoiler, it had the XR spoiler but we saw the front and the side skirts and that gave it away. It also didn't have the same wheels as the one at the motorshow. It still looked extremely nice though.
-AK- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 22:43   #4 (permalink)
Impatience is a virtue

I'm not convinced whether or not it was a GT. I saw it early arvo on Thursday and had a good look. The wheels, front difuser and skirts where GT for sure, but the spoiler was XR. The interior didn't look any different to the XR6 with leather. I would have thought that the GT and GT-P would get a unique interior. There was howerver, a dash board full of testing screen and stuff. Me thinks it was a GT mule - you know, engine of GT in XR body sort of 'thing'. Could be wrong - hope I was wrong!!

Cheerio
Old 10-27-2002, 17:11   #5 (permalink)

this was the GT I drove the other night. Refer "DRIVEN a GT THREAD"
harasn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2002, 21:02   #6 (permalink)

Did any of you see if it is a 6 speed man.
redwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2002, 02:03   #7 (permalink)

its a 5 speed. don't need 6. infact it would probably be better if there was a bigger gap between gears so that it didn't hit the rev limiter before your ready for the next gear. Bring back the single rail.... NOT
harasn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2002, 20:55   #8 (permalink)

It should be a 6 speed because Holden have one. Who cares if you can not use 6 gear . Holden people bag out ford because they have a 5 speed. Most sport cars have 6 speeds.
redwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 00:10   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Quote:
Originally posted by redwards
It should be a 6 speed because Holden have one. Who cares if you can not use 6 gear . Holden people bag out ford because they have a 5 speed.
Should it also be a 5.7 because Holden have one?

The gearbox in the Holden has been universally bagged by even the most biased of writers as next to useless. Why would you want to add something useless to a vehicle?

It costs more to buy the box in the first place. Even more so if you actually wanted to get a box that was useable with decent ratios. Again why incur the extra expense for no actual benefit?

It seems to me that the only issue here is bragging rights at the pub. If that's important then go an buy a 6 speed box - there are plenty of people around oiffering conversions. Me - well I'll take a well engineered and useable 5 speed any day thanks (if I actually wanted a manual in the first place).

Cheers
Russ
russellw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 00:30   #10 (permalink)
The Third Power

Im not sure they are bagging the T-56 6 speed particularly rather the way the gearbox was implemented in the holdens
strife is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum