Ford Forums banner

GT In Geelong

3K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  XR_Strider_GuY 
#1 ·
Hey Yall

While i was out last night I had seen a Blue Barra in the corner of my eye so i had abit of a closer look and at first i thought it was a XR8 couse of the bonnet bulge but then i had a closer look and I had knoticed that it was a GT as of the body kit and its big ass wheelz and boy she looks unreal, it didn't have and GT or FPV baging on it so i couldn't tell ya if it was a reall GT or just a mock up barra with the GT bod kit and wheelz on it. It was in that bright colour, and it looked nice as. At the same time i got to have a look in the interiour and that also looked quite nice as wheel alittle hard to see though as it was quite dark at the time I can tell you it was a manual GT and the gear stick was the same as the one in the XR6, So to every one in Geelong keep ya eyes out for a Blue GT you may at first think its a XR8 but in fact its a GT.

Regards Xploded....

P.S Great Work Ford And Keep It Up ::::

#2 ·
Xploded said:
Hey Yall

While i was out last night I had seen a Blue Barra in the corner of my eye so i had abit of a closer look and at first i thought it was a XR8 couse of the bonnet bulge but then i had a closer look and I had knoticed that it was a GT as of the body kit and its big ass wheelz and boy she looks unreal, it didn't have and GT or FPV baging on it so i couldn't tell ya if it was a reall GT or just a mock up barra with the GT bod kit and wheelz on it. It was in that bright colour, and it looked nice as. At the same time i got to have a look in the interiour and that also looked quite nice as wheel alittle hard to see though as it was quite dark at the time I can tell you it was a manual GT and the gear stick was the same as the one in the XR6, So to every one in Geelong keep ya eyes out for a Blue GT you may at first think its a XR8 but in fact its a GT.

Regards Xploded....

P.S Great Work Ford And Keep It Up ::::
Hmm very interesting. I hope we start seeing some at work real soon. Probaby not till the new Showroom is built.

#3 ·
I saw this as well Friday night, it took us a little while to work out whether it was an XR8 or GT because it didn't have the GT rear spoiler, it had the XR spoiler but we saw the front and the side skirts and that gave it away. It also didn't have the same wheels as the one at the motorshow. It still looked extremely nice though.

#4 ·
I'm not convinced whether or not it was a GT. I saw it early arvo on Thursday and had a good look. The wheels, front difuser and skirts where GT for sure, but the spoiler was XR. The interior didn't look any different to the XR6 with leather. I would have thought that the GT and GT-P would get a unique interior. There was howerver, a dash board full of testing screen and stuff. Me thinks it was a GT mule - you know, engine of GT in XR body sort of 'thing'. Could be wrong - hope I was wrong!!

Cheerio

#7 ·
its a 5 speed. don't need 6. infact it would probably be better if there was a bigger gap between gears so that it didn't hit the rev limiter before your ready for the next gear. Bring back the single rail.... NOT

#9 ·
redwards said:
It should be a 6 speed because Holden have one. Who cares if you can not use 6 gear . Holden people bag out ford because they have a 5 speed.
Should it also be a 5.7 because Holden have one?

The gearbox in the Holden has been universally bagged by even the most biased of writers as next to useless. Why would you want to add something useless to a vehicle?

It costs more to buy the box in the first place. Even more so if you actually wanted to get a box that was useable with decent ratios. Again why incur the extra expense for no actual benefit?

It seems to me that the only issue here is bragging rights at the pub. If that's important then go an buy a 6 speed box - there are plenty of people around oiffering conversions. Me - well I'll take a well engineered and useable 5 speed any day thanks (if I actually wanted a manual in the first place).

Cheers
Russ

#12 ·
If its the same 5speed as what the T3 used, then it wasnt exactly praised in the press either as a decent transmission, and its ratios arnt much better than the T56....

#14 ·
Martin said:
If its the same 5speed as what the T3 used, then it wasnt exactly praised in the press either as a decent transmission, and its ratios arnt much better than the T56....
I think the only complaint they mentioned about the Tremec in the T3's is that 5th gear is alittle tall and a big jump in ratio from 4th making it's top speed and 5th gear pull alittle lacking.

Whereas the T56 in the holdens have almost identical ratios to a T5 but with a super tall 6th.

Intrigued to findout what the ratio's are on the GT and GT-P.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.