A GT for a GT - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2004, 01:22   #1 (permalink)

confused A GT for a GT

Thought I'd ask the question of all the BA GT , GTP's and T series owners that have had their car off the road for extended periods(up to week or more).When warranty work like engine replacements, gearbox failures or diff failures have taken place what kind of car have you been supplied for your inconvenience by the dealer or FPV itself?
TS 50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2004, 01:46   #2 (permalink)
When 2 T3s are not enough

Re: A GT for a GT

Took mine to Klosters for a service last month, got a new/demo ba futura because my car was gonna take a bit longer than the said, so they offered it so I could go do a bit of shopping, Allthough it wasn't an extended time they still offered......
Street machine Feb 2002
TE50T3 Remember the GTHO? well your getting close.
Motor mag Jan 2002

Wouldn't you love to say that about your car?You loosers
Noboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 01:54   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbutler
Took mine to Klosters for a service last month, got a new/demo ba futura because my car was gonna take a bit longer than the said, so they offered it so I could go do a bit of shopping, Allthough it wasn't an extended time they still offered......
So u got a loan car with = performance

Sorry only joking could not resist, but you must have expected a BA owner to reply with a smart answer

I Like Steve Because Steves My Mate
I.L.SB 1
AU1XLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 01:55   #4 (permalink)

Fire extinguisher ready for action

I Like Steve Because Steves My Mate
I.L.SB 1
AU1XLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 01:56   #5 (permalink)

funny you should ask this today- mine has gone in for three to four days for alot of little things (alot I wanted done as preventative measures being at 80,000km). I asked this question of ford today- the answer was that there is no FTe anymore; hence no high level loaners. the cougar blokes get a Festiva as a loaner where as I always get the best thi g they have- usually a series 3 AU Fairmont or an xt ba sedan.

to be honest I dont care- the only time I did care was when they crashed it (the te50) at a week old and wanted to stick me in a chain smokers au1 faimont. considering I had just made a huge decision not two weeks before to go into a $1000+ a month debt for the privelage of owning the thing I considered this a bit rough- I ended up with the DP's TS50 for three weeks while mine was being fixed. That's what I'd expect.

I am not going to whinge when I drop my car in for a (cheap now) service, they stick me in a new XT BA (which is worth more than mine now anyhow lol), pick up my car a day or two later and it's fully detailed. that's not bad I reckon......
jimt3te50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 02:05   #6 (permalink)
When 2 T3s are not enough

jimt3te50.... I know the FTe thing is gone, but, we bought these cars under those FTe conditions, so I think if you realy push the issue I dont see how they can refuse, I know when my cars in there I make sure I get my free cuppa and toast and what ever else I can under the FTE thingy.
Street machine Feb 2002
TE50T3 Remember the GTHO? well your getting close.
Motor mag Jan 2002

Wouldn't you love to say that about your car?You loosers
Noboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 02:10   #7 (permalink)
BA FALCON XR6™

Never seen a dealer actually have a GT/GTP as a loaner but im sure if you were mates with the Sales manager he could probarly T you up with one...
FPV TURBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 02:16   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbutler
jimt3te50.... I know the FTe thing is gone, but, we bought these cars under those FTe conditions, so I think if you realy push the issue I dont see how they can refuse, I know when my cars in there I make sure I get my free cuppa and toast and what ever else I can under the FTE thingy.
I know what you are saying- Fte is gone but ultimately the dealer provides the service- I get what I can out of it too, believe me. But hey, at the end of the day, I am never without a car, I never pay for it and as I said mines always washed and vacumned when I pick it up.

I agree 100% Steve, If I pushed like a dcikhead I ccould probably get something better, but for one day, and the chance of ruining the great relationship I have built with the service department I wouldn't bother- it's the service that keeps you going back I think.

If it were for a few weeks, different story.
jimt3te50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 02:27   #9 (permalink)

If your car had been unavailable to you because of rework on behalf of the dealer what would you do? Would you be happy with a Focus or festiva or Xt falcon (no disrespect intended to owners of these cars) in exchange for your XR8, GT or TS 50?
TS 50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 02:48   #10 (permalink)

Wouldn't really mind what car I got from the dealer (if at all), as this service (a loaner) is not really what you've paid your money for, although some would argue that if you're in for warranty work then it's Fords/Your dealer's fault, and therefore they're depriving you of transport??? If you were to pay for a 100% service agreement, then your car would be a lot more expensive.

All that said, my dealer - Gregorys Ford in the ACT - on the two occaisions I have had warranty work or an extended service time that meant my car was out of action for more than 1/2 a day, have given me a BA XR6T in the first instance, and Futura on the 2nd!

Blood Orange GT-P
Zest Territory Ghia AWD
burnsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum