Ford Forums banner

GT GTP Owners What Power are you making??

5K views 58 replies 21 participants last post by  XRFPV8 
#1 ·
As it reads guys im just after some power figures at what you guys are running. With a list of mods if you choose. Im just after some comparisons as I am curious as I know they make nice power with minor mods.

Thanks

Simon

#2 ·
Well Simon i havent had mine dynod but it is ready now just waiting for Rob Herrod to have some time,needs to be re-calibrated and tuned,but i imagine mine would be there abouts with Cam's as i have the same mods as him.Before Cam lost his 24rwkw he had 252rwkw.
And Simon when are you going to change for the better and get a Ford? LOL
Cheers John

#8 · (Edited)
MY baby is currently at 266kw but i have another trick up my sleave with something im trialing so it may go up more or down.

mods are; full herrod exhaust,Custom high flow cats, Unichip, Big mouth induction, BMC air filter, Original throttle body machined to 82mm, Underdrive pulley kit, 102ron fuel for Dyno days(HEHEHE),herrod short shift, Full height adj coil over Koni's, resized sway bar kits and noelathane bushes, Enkei rims for circuit.
Thats the list so far.

Elmer Fudd

#9 ·
BOSSGT said:
MY baby is currently at 266kw but i have another trick up my sleave with something im trialing so it may go up more or down.

mods are; full herrod exhaust,Custom high flow cats, Unichip, Big mouth induction, BMC air filter, Original throttle body machined to 82mm, Underdrive pulley kit, 102ron fuel for Dyno days(HEHEHE),herrod short shift, Full height adj coil over Koni's, resized sway bar kits and noelathane bushes, Enkei rims for circuit.
Thats the list so far.

Elmer Fudd

What would be the point of putting in a special fuel for a dyno day? Is that so you can know what power you're NOT normally making? :angel:

#10 ·
Competition days only so as to run more timing in the Unichip. The power is minimal but without it she might start to ping a little thats all. i use it mixed for track days aswell.

Elmer Fudd

#11 ·
All the GTs ive seen at dyno days put out between 230 & 240 rwkw standed.. I think you were talking about a standed GT... Hope this helps.......

#12 ·
243.7 rwkw on BP ultimate, 12,000 km @ Dynosteve's in Redcliffe
(still hold the record for highest stock BOSS 290)

Interestingly it was only 219.7 @ 5000km

#13 ·
flappist said:
243.7 rwkw on BP ultimate, 12,000 km @ Dynosteve's in Redcliffe
(still hold the record for highest stock BOSS 290)

Interestingly it was only 219.7 @ 5000km
Yep thats plenty, mine was 232.3rwkw, now has cats back, and wide mouth, could be anything, certainly goes harder than it did, stock

#14 ·
Thanks guys i really didnt know what power ppl were making i thought i heard about 260-270 rwkw from bolt ons.

Cant wait for the unleashing of the computer ala LS1edit for FORD

SIMON

#16 ·
Got the wide mouth induction put on during pre-delivery so don't know the difference between a stock GT and mine.

Only got 2500kms on her at the moment, but will be putting her on dyno @ 3000+kms.

Figures quoted here give me something to compare with and look forward to! Cheers.

#17 ·
** CAM HAS HIS POWER BACK, but for how long **

This post has been a long time coming.

The missing 24rwkw have been found. They were found stuck underneath the passenger side airbag.

kidding

Rob Herrod diagnosed there was a fault with the chip which caused mis-fire & not responsive. I returned the chip back to APS (Unichip distributor) and they claimed there was no fault with the chip. They (APS) reprogrammed the chip and dynode the car which now reads 256.4kw, which was above their '240 mark' expectation.

I’m not expecting things to work long term, as I feel the reprogramming which Unichip did will not be effective and the chip may malfunction as it has done in the past.

Lets see how it goes tomorrow night at Calder. Maybe I can break my 13.743 @ 103 mph.

cam

#18 ·
Great news Cam hope your problems might be solved now ,it will be interesting to see what time you get back at Calder.
Cheers John

#19 ·
GTP 200 said:

The missing 24rwkw have been found. They were found stuck underneath the passenger side airbag.

kidding

Rob Herrod diagnosed there was a fault with the chip which caused mis-fire & not responsive. I returned the chip back to APS (Unichip distributor) and they claimed there was no fault with the chip. They (APS) reprogrammed the chip and dynode the car which now reads 256.4kw, which was above their '240 mark' expectation.

I’m not expecting things to work long term, as I feel the reprogramming which Unichip did will not be effective and the chip may malfunction as it has done in the past.

Lets see how it goes tomorrow night at Calder. Maybe I can break my 13.743 @ 103 mph.

cam
Dammmm, now that thing might beat me, not good, with that sort of power, ohhhh no. CAMS back in town.
I thought it would be in the air bag, thats the first place id look. LOL

#21 ·
GTP 200 said:

kidding

cam

greetings Cam
does this mean that you are traveling out to calder tomorrow

regards
rod

#22 ·
GTP 320 said:
Great news Cam hope your problems might be solved now ,it will be interesting to see what time you get back at Calder.
Cheers John
hi John, you can do a side by side pass with Cam tommorow night at Calder

#23 ·
GTP 200 said:

kidding

cam
Cam it does look like Herrods Dyno is spot on. you had around 254 last time..
yes you will need to knock that time down Rodderz (Tom Cruise) done a 13.74 in his XR8 ute 2 weeks back...

#24 · (Edited)
XRFPV8 said:
hi John, you can do a side by side pass with Cam tommorow night at Calder

:bsr: :bsr: :bsr: :cheeky: :jester: :bsr: :bsr: :bsr:
Mark thats the best joke i have heard all week

i think john is a little scared that he might break his car.................... or maybee he doesnt want to show us up :meteo2:

regards
rod

#25 ·
GTP 200 said:

kidding

cam
Cam I think that your problem will be solved now as the base data in the unichip was at best very poor :puke: and I dont understand how this tuning data was generated. After checking your car I am 100% sure that there is no fault in the Unichip computer as the stalling problem your engine has is a Ford gremlin and in no way connected to the Unichip computer.

Its amazing when the car has a problem how people automatically jump to the conclusion that the fault must be caused by the aftermarket component rather than consider that the problem may be caused by the stock Ford computer or component.

Its fairly simple to diagnose the stalling problem, simply disconnect the Unichip computer and if the engine continue to stall the idling problem must be another problem within the cars electronics or mechanicals.

The loss of power was caused by adjustments in an area of the computer that should not have been altered (this unfortunately just showed the lack of understanding by the original tuner) as the stock computer was continually trying to compensate for the incorrect adjustments.

When our head technician looked at the mapping he simply shook his head in disbelief and totally erased the maps (both ignition and fuel maps) and started from scratch to develop correct maps for your engine and current mods. In any event I look foward to receiving some fedback from you now that the unichip computer is configured and mapped correctly. Good luck at calder tonight. Hope you beat your PB. :driver:

Peter

APS

#26 ·
rod said:
:bsr: :bsr: :bsr: :cheeky: :jester: :bsr: :bsr: :bsr:
Mark thats the best joke i have heard all week

i think john is a little scared that he might break his car.................... or maybee he doesnt want to show us up :meteo2:

regards
rod
Funny stuff you ute drivers LOL ,as i said as soon my chip is re-programed and fine tuned and the dyno done by the Master,then i will come out and play.
As a matter of interest i came third in the motorkana section when i had my FPV training course day not bad out of 21 GTs.
Cheers John

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.