GT-P AUTO test drive- lack of reel RUSH! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2004, 23:16   #1 (permalink)

GT-P AUTO test drive- lack of reel RUSH!

Thismorning i took out an auto GT-P. i have driven a manual GT before but not an auto GT-P until now. firstly i have to say that the auto is fantastic....but i honestly cant see why you would get one with a car like this. the manual GT i drove was fantastic...did all the right things...was a real street racer. the auto is perfect for cruising....but i have to say that driving my turbo is more fun! (not just because i put my own money down for the turbo either!!)
in auto form the GT-P didnt feel at all as quick as my turbo...(until it got over about 110km/h). so i have to say that the auto was a bit dissapointing.

Motor magazene rated the turbo Aus's best Muscle Car....because it FEELS like its going harder than anything else, it gives you the rush. well i have to say the auto in the GT-P today gave me no rush! it sounded great and still went like a cut cat....but just didnt do much for me. The manual GT-(p) is so much more fun to drive that the auto its not funny!
i also noticed that it lacked a fair bit of go from about 2700-3500 revs when compared with the rest of the rev range.
other than that, the brakes were AWESOME!! my hair is still all push forward from the negative Gs!
i know this was an auto, but the manual GT felt ALOT quicker.....is it the 'box....or is it true that the standard GT is alot quicker that the GT-P regardless of the gearbox? in magazenes i have not seen a GT-P get under about 6.2 0-100 (or crack the 14 sec 1/4).
all in all ide save $4K and get a standard GT with brembos...(manual ofcourse!)
just my thoughts guys.(wish i had a BA GT!)
Venom XR Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2004, 17:48   #2 (permalink)
Experienced Ford Member

Re: GT-P AUTO test drive- lack of reel RUSH!

How many k's did the cars have. If they are not run in properly they do feel slower than what they should be. As far the auto vs manual, the manual will always feel quicker even if it really isn't, it's just the feeling you get. I'm sure the auto and manual GT would pretty much run side by side in a drag.
bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 22:41   #3 (permalink)

Re: GT-P AUTO test drive- lack of reel RUSH!

didnt take much notice of the Ks mate, but i think it was like 20000. i know manual usually does feel quicker...but i mean when it was in gear it just didnt pull as hard. mabey the ratios used in the auto?
sorry guys i accidently posted this thread twice....please reply in the other one from now on..thanx
Venom XR Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum