GT resale values - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2004, 05:21   #1 (permalink)

GT resale values

I now have put both GTs on the market trying to get the best price I can for private sale. I have been looking for two replacement vechicles for a couple of weeks. I have shopped the cars to a couple of dealers now, I will say the news is all bad.
The orange one is only getting offers of $43k, this cost me $72 seven months ago, now has 22 thousand k on it.
The silver one is getting $46.5k offers, this was $64 three months ago, 6500k on it.
I have never seen cars come back this hard in my lifetime, the Clubbie was traded on the silver one, it cost me $55k, had it seven months, traded it and got $47 back on it with 13000k on it. Dealers were at least interested in it, these people ive spoke to all cringe, and I think the price reflects that.
I am about to unload them, as I look at it, the price only gets worse the longer I hang on to them. As the payouts are $55 each car, I now have to find the extra money to tip in to pay them out.
This whole FPV experience has been a disaster from the word go, 522 is still using oil on the new engine, used about half a litre per thousand, thats the same as it used from new.
I will update the prices and what I do get for them when I do the deals on them, I am getting hopefuly better prices tommorow, but I cant see the same dealer improving it to any respectable figure, THEY ARE WORTH WHAT THEY ARE WORTH. If any GT owners doubt these figures, take it to a dealer as an excercise, find out what they are rearly worth.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2004, 05:29   #2 (permalink)
Australian BA XR6 Falcon

Re: GT resale values

Is this an outright sale to the dealers?

I know of a Stato with about 2000K's on it and under 12 months old, best price for outright dealer sale is $36K.

I would expect the depreciation will tail off over the years, ie you suffer a large drop in the first 12 months. Try buying any new car, drive it across town to another dealer and ask them to buy it without trade and you will be in for a rude shock.

Having said that, the GT,GTP will almost certainly lose value faster than the likes of the XR6T and XR6. The former will almost certainly become THE aussie cult car in years to come.
Old 08-01-2004, 05:32   #3 (permalink)
BLACK PANTHER

so sorry to hear Adrian maybe a severe storm could hit your area and all problems would be solved
Old 08-01-2004, 05:32   #4 (permalink)
kickerinthegutsbarry

If you want good resale buy a Merc. 20 000 accountants can't be wrong!

Old 08-01-2004, 05:34   #5 (permalink)
No stars in my eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT 522
I now have put both GTs on the market trying to get the best price I can for private sale. I have been looking for two replacement vechicles for a couple of weeks. I have shopped the cars to a couple of dealers now, I will say the news is all bad.
The orange one is only getting offers of $43k, this cost me $72 seven months ago, now has 22 thousand k on it.
The silver one is getting $46.5k offers, this was $64 three months ago, 6500k on it.
I have never seen cars come back this hard in my lifetime, the Clubbie was traded on the silver one, it cost me $55k, had it seven months, traded it and got $47 back on it with 13000k on it. Dealers were at least interested in it, these people ive spoke to all cringe, and I think the price reflects that.
I am about to unload them, as I look at it, the price only gets worse the longer I hang on to them. As the payouts are $55 each car, I now have to find the extra money to tip in to pay them out.
This whole FPV experience has been a disaster from the word go, 522 is still using oil on the new engine, used about half a litre per thousand, thats the same as it used from new.
I will update the prices and what I do get for them when I do the deals on them, I am getting hopefuly better prices tommorow, but I cant see the same dealer improving it to any respectable figure, THEY ARE WORTH WHAT THEY ARE WORTH. If any GT owners doubt these figures, take it to a dealer as an excercise, find out what they are rearly worth.

I certainly do feel for you mate. It is hard, Very hard. I too have been stung in the past & know quite a few others that have had the same problem. I still buy the cars...But Never A New One. I sit back patiently and wait & usually get the same car under 40000k's for half it's original price. The current resale value of a Gt is that of a Fairlane Ghia.....& they are the worst of all.

Proud Owner of a Tickford TE-50 T3 No 033.....13.62 @ 102.07mph..0-100-4.988 secs
Old 08-01-2004, 05:35   #6 (permalink)
Beastmaster

I hate to state the obvious Adrian but you have buckleys of selling either of them to FF users.....
Revelations 13:18
Here is wisdom.
Let him that hath understanding count the number of the BEAST:
for it is the number of a F6 Typhoon; and its number is 0217.
Old 08-01-2004, 05:40   #7 (permalink)
BLACK PANTHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
I hate to state the obvious AQdriam but you have buckleys of selling either of them to FF users.....

Flappist what makes you think he's trying to sell them on here
Old 08-01-2004, 05:42   #8 (permalink)
gone

I think most dealers would also have picked up on the plates also.
Old 08-01-2004, 05:55   #9 (permalink)

The only way to get the best price is to sell them privately,dosent matter what sort of vehicle you have if you trade in you will get ripped off.
And as far as the resale value of the GTs,well i've just re-insured mine for Agreed Value of $92,000 and thats after 12months and 15,000klm.
Cheers John

"FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria"
If you have an XR6, XR8, T-Series or FPV vehicle (GTs) why not join.
Motorsport,Show n Shine,Cruise days,Factory tours,Special events
FPV and XR Owners Club of Victoria

www.fpvxrclub.com
Extra's Leather seats, Sunroof, Premium Sound, Satellite Navigation, Reversing Sensors,
Old 08-01-2004, 05:57   #10 (permalink)
BLACK PANTHER

Thumbs up Re: GT resale values

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP 320
The only way to get the best price is to sell them privately,dosent matter what sort of vehicle you have if you trade in you will get ripped off.
And as far as the resale value of the GTs,well i've just re-insured mine for Agreed Value of $92,000 and thats after 12months and 15,000klm.
Cheers John
And two kilos of winton mud
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum