GT Review - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2003, 20:11   #1 (permalink)
On The Edge Of Adhesion

GT Review

GoAuto will be showing their review of the GT tomorrow. They had their XR8 review today, which wasn't that good for the XR8. So I wonder what their going to say about the GT. Guess we're going to have to wait.

I also wonder if Wheels is going to have anything about the GT in this upcoming issue.
V8RUMBLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2003, 20:37   #2 (permalink)
aka "Mr BURNOUTworld"

What did they have to say about the XR8. Ofcourse GoAuto isn't known for it's outstanding credibility towards car reviews.
Old 01-26-2003, 20:44   #3 (permalink)
falconS

whats wrong with GoAuto? I find it a lot more credible and honest than most other online car reviews.
Old 01-26-2003, 21:29   #4 (permalink)

Well really what does it matter about the reviews, cause if you like the car go buy it!
Ambrose_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2003, 22:24   #5 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Quote:
Originally posted by V8RUMBLE
They had their XR8 review today, which wasn't that good for the XR8.
Just wondering why you think this is the case? I thought it was a good review that gave a fair & accurate description of the cars intended purpose.
The hot performance car in the Ford stable has changed to the XR6T for mine. Bang for buck you really can't beat it I reckon.
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2003, 23:15   #6 (permalink)
On The Edge Of Adhesion

My original post was mainly done to make people aware of possibly the first review of the GT.

The remark about the XR8 review was basicly my view that they say the XR8 is only on par with the XR6 in performance, which for me isn't that good as I expected the XR8 to be better than the XR6. The XR8 having 20kw and more importantly 50nm more torque, it should perform better than the XR6. I know it weighs more, but for the extra go and price it 'should' be better. This is only my opinion.
I am looking at buying a new performance car this year and I was looking forward to seeing the XR8 being a standout performer. I know I shouldn't take much notice of what the media has to say about a possible car choice, and just go from personal experience. But that's hard when there are no Xr8s available to test drive here in Townsville at the moment. I'll just have to wait I guess. But in the meantime the media and the other guys experiences on this forum are the only sources I have at this point in time. So please don't flame me for what I said, it's only my opinion.

I'm off to work now, so I'll be unable to read any replies.

Regards
Andrew.
V8RUMBLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2003, 23:24   #7 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Quote:
The remark about the XR8 review was basicly my view that they say the XR8 is only on par with the XR6 in performance, which for me isn't that good as I expected the XR8 to be better than the XR6. The XR8 having 20kw and more importantly 50nm more torque, it should perform better than the XR6. I know it weighs more, but for the extra go and price it 'should' be better. This is only my opinion....

So please don't flame me for what I said, it's only my opinion.
Sorry mate, I wasn't flaming you (Sorry if it came across that way).. just curious as to why you were dissapointed with the review. And you've given more than fair reasons as to your dissapointment.
I feel kinda the same, but then think.. What an 8, & I'll be driving around town more than I will on a race track hence my decision to go for the XR8..
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2003, 23:27   #8 (permalink)
A Fully Sick " Can't "

Oh cool.
I'm off to go read the XR8 review now.
Hope it's still up.
Old 01-27-2003, 01:38   #9 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

I think everyone expect to much. The XR8 hasnt gone bad, the XR6 Turbo is just such a good car. I think the XR6 Turbo performed better than even Ford anticipated.

Sure an SS might be 200kg lighter, but the XR8 is stil just as quick. It might weigh more, but the better chassis and suspension would mean that on a track it would keep up with the SS.

With everything equal, I can't see how anyone is dissapointed. The XR8 would be everything ebtter than the SS IMO expect for fuel consumption.

I'm not a Prospective XR8 buyer (yet), but I would never be put off by it beeing slower than I expected by a few 10ths. I know performance is Important, but really how could something like 2 tenths get in the way of purchasing your dream car?
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)
Switchable Shift Kit, K&N panel filter, Lukey straight thru mufflers, momo gear and steer,
DBA slotted rotors/Bendix ultimate pads (front), Pioneer MP3 head unit and BA XR carpet mats.

Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 02:55   #10 (permalink)
FF Moderator

Quote:
The remark about the XR8 review was basicly my view that they say the XR8 is only on par with the XR6 in performance, which for me isn't that good as I expected the XR8 to be better than the XR6. The XR8 having 20kw and more importantly 50nm more torque, it should perform better than the XR6. I know it weighs more, but for the extra go and price it 'should' be better. This is only my opinion.
I am looking at buying a new performance car this year and I was looking forward to seeing the XR8 being a standout performer. I know I shouldn't take much notice of what the media has to say about a possible car choice, and just go from personal experience. But that's hard when there are no Xr8s available to test drive here in Townsville at the moment. I'll just have to wait I guess. But in the meantime the media and the other guys experiences on this forum are the only sources I have at this point in time. So please don't flame me for what I said, it's only my opinion.
Dido on all accounts. I am in the exact same position and although I do not think the review was 'negative', it just hasn't stated what I wanted to hear. To be straight to the point, I wanted the XR8 to have the SS for breakfast. I'm not bothered if the Xr8 is faster or slower than the XR6T personally.

Silly as this may seem, if the XR8 is to be my dream car, then it has to fulfil that role and settling with it being regarded as equal in performance for 'pub' honours will not due for this. If Im going to settle for the SS equal then the XR6T already does that very well.

I will now be looking to the FPV GT vs HSV Clubbies to fulfil this silly fantasy.

WASP GT - Mk2 6 speed + Herrod =
CDAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum