GT test drive - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2003, 04:19   #1 (permalink)
RACE

biggrin GT test drive

Took a Citric Acid GT from Peter Warren Smithfield for a spin two weekends ago and I have to say it was the best car I have ever driven.

The sound is to die for! The engine is supurb and felt as if it could rev at least another 1000rpm past the 6000rpm cutout. The top end is fantastic although at lower engine speeds I feel the turbo would have it. But given a choice I would take the GT anyday!!

http://www.fordgallery.com/showphoto...t=1&thecat=500

I will rotate a few more pics in the next few days.
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2003, 04:38   #2 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Looking good mate! Pity about the Citric colour :oo1:
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 04:58   #3 (permalink)

Ratt,

When you say the turbo would have the GT at lower revs, how low down are you talking?

One of the disappointing aspects of our XR6T is the lack of grunt below 2000rpm, the car really needs to hit 3000rpm before it starts pulling strongly, and when it hits 3500rpm it really screams.

We are considering a GT but l would be dissappointed if it too was sluggish at low revs. How many kms had the GT done? l bet they loosen up a lot before they are at their best.

Cheers
mondie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 05:23   #4 (permalink)
RACE

The GT had 400km on it.

It is not sluggish in outright terms as it still pulls harder at low revs than my mates VX Clubsport. It felt as though it picked up second wind from about 3000rpm and then another kick in the pants at about 4000rpm. That could be why it felt as it did at low revs. The power kept coming on stronger and stronger as revs increased.

Believe me I am not dissapointed, it was actually better than I thought.

Regarding the Turbo, I drove the Sales Managers XR6T a few weeks ago and that car blew me away. To me it was at 2000rpm where it started pulling hard till about 5000rpm when it started to tail off alittle.

mondie, a GT would be the better choice IMO so don't hesitate.
Old 04-23-2003, 16:19   #5 (permalink)
Blue Blooded Ford Man

Good to see you are giving it a rev!!!
Old 04-24-2003, 00:19   #6 (permalink)

Ratt i would have to disagree with you there as i had that same GT Sunday afternoon till monday morning as thats where i ordered my GT-P and if you got your foot into it she would eat the turbo off the mark, if you ask how i could compare ? i am currently driving an XR6 Turbo and you can feel the lack of torque compared to the GT. Yes it does feel docile under normal driving but thats what i have to say i like, a Dr Jeckle & Mr Hyde sort of thing.The reason the turbo feels like it has more mumbo is because you can feel the turbo come on where in the GT its really a constant or progressive flow of power
Also that GT has 1,250 km on it.

Elmer Fudd
BOSSGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 20:47   #7 (permalink)
RACE

It had 400km when I drove it and I know it has been lended out to people who have ordered an FPV vehicle from there too. This would explain the km added in the last 2 weeks.

Also, I agree with how you say the GT power comes on progresively while the Turbo comes on in one big hit.

As mentioned in my earlier post I would still pick the GT, and probably the XR8 over the turbo, but only just.
Old 05-03-2003, 00:40   #8 (permalink)
RACE

Some snaps of a few XR's and a GT at Smithfield (Sydney). hehe

Blood Orange XR8 hmm
http://www.fordgallery.com/showgalle...at=500&thumb=1
Old 05-04-2003, 14:37   #9 (permalink)

after seeing blood orange in the flesh, i don't like it on a sedan especially xr6 or xr8. maybe a GT but definately the colour is only for utes. i think it is too much of a tryhardpussy colour.
BOS-54L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 19:11   #10 (permalink)
Ford Member

I like the colours that really make the bulge stand out and noticeable (even though its pretty noticeable anyway) such as phantom, blueprint, acid rush, narooma and silver.. IMO white, orange etc don't do the bulge justice.

i haven't seen a GT, but would love to see a Narooma blue one! You can get narooma blue gt's right?
He|mut is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum