GT Towbar - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2003, 21:58   #1 (permalink)

GT Towbar

Hi,

I've been lurking around on this forum for awhile, but this is my first post. I have recently placed an order for a GT (white, manual, sunroof, premium sound, floor mats and towbar). The dealer has told me that the towbar may not be available for up to six weeks (not even sure when my car will be delivered, but anyway) Does anyone have information about the issue with towbars ? Is the towbar fitted to GT's different from normal falcons ? And finally I was looking at the FPV website and they say that the towbar, towball and wiring harness need to ordered separately ( http://www.fpv.com.au/accessories.as...untry_code=AUD ), if that is the case, what actually comes with the FPV towbar ?

I have tried searching for the forums for answer, but I haven't had much success, so I apologise if this has been answered already.

Thanks

AlanG
AlanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2003, 00:11   #2 (permalink)
Fully Sick Magna Driver

Welcome to the forums AlanG.

Can anyone help him out here???

-Rob
rob_o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2003, 04:34   #3 (permalink)

AlanG,
one of the techs at our dealership fitted one last week. I'll suss it out and let you know.
Old 06-04-2003, 18:26   #4 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

The GT towbar is in fact different. However I have seen cars with them fitted a while ago now so I see no problems. They are a bolt tongue type of bar.

Having said that I still have not received the towbar for my Pursuit which I believe are still delayed. maybe your dealer is getting the sedan mixed up with the ute?

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2003, 19:55   #5 (permalink)

Thanks for your replyís guys,

Any info you could find out FordTech65 would be greatly appreciated.

You might be right Aussie Pete about the dealer mixing the ute up with the sedan, I might give him a call and confirm.

AlanG
Old 06-05-2003, 04:14   #6 (permalink)

AlanG,
From all reports i have had the tow bar for the GT's is the same as the normal Falcon range. They are:
1600kg rated(auto)/ 1200kg rated (manual)
2300kg rated Heavy Duty (auto only).
A handy hint for you as well,try and get it factory fitted(dont know if this is possible on GT's) as the factory finish on the hole for the tongue looks neater.

AP,
I think the pursuit one is different though(not quite sure). Is the rear bumper the same as an XR ute? I do know the XR one is different than a standard ute.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Old 06-05-2003, 04:36   #7 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

Why would the towbar itself be any different? Im not sure of the GT bumpers have a pop out thing in the bumper like other falcons have. WIth the pursuit ute i know there isnt. Its better to get a factory towbar becasue done at the dealership is never as neat (I know I've fitted them before).
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)
Switchable Shift Kit, K&N panel filter, Lukey straight thru mufflers, momo gear and steer,
DBA slotted rotors/Bendix ultimate pads (front), Pioneer MP3 head unit and BA XR carpet mats.

Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 04:47   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Cobra
[B Its better to get a factory towbar becasue done at the dealership is never as neat (I know I've fitted them before). [/B]
It can be as neat. It just takes time.
Old 06-05-2003, 05:18   #9 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

Yeah for sure it can be just as neat, and yes it deos take time which we never really had. Becasue the rear bar on the utes is fibreglass (and really thick) it's hard to cut. I remember i measured up where i was going to cut EXACTLY and it still didnt line up right. The towbar tounge when bolted on stuck out on an angle and looked shit.
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)
Switchable Shift Kit, K&N panel filter, Lukey straight thru mufflers, momo gear and steer,
DBA slotted rotors/Bendix ultimate pads (front), Pioneer MP3 head unit and BA XR carpet mats.

Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 17:47   #10 (permalink)

Thanks for all your replys guys, I'm a little concerned if they need to 'cut' the rear bar ? Does anyone have pictures of what will be cut ? I'll ask the dealer if the towbar can be 'factory fitted'.

Thanks

AlanG
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum