Ford Forums banner

GT/XR8 intake pipe?

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Lowride260 
#1 ·
At the motorshow I noticed on the intake pipe between the airfilter and trottlebody there is a sausage like tube coming out towards radiator about 4/5" long( dosnt go anywhere), but it was only on the GT not the XR8. My current AU XR8 also has bigger one but much closer to the throttle than the GT.
Does anyone know what it does and why is it on the GT and not the XR8?

Regards

Wade rocks

PS. please no guessing

#2 ·
On Charliewools Pursuit he thought it was a rubber device that got erect when it saw another sexy GT....but maybe his was an isolated case lol

I believe it has something to do with passing emissions in reducing induction noise, from memory it was only manual utes but not sure for MkII. The mustangs have a similar thing fitted to the air hose between the airbox and t/b

#4 ·
Rodderz said:
On Charliewools Pursuit he thought it was a rubber device that got erect when it saw another sexy GT....but maybe his was an isolated case lol

I believe it has something to do with passing emissions in reducing induction noise, from memory it was only manual utes but not sure for MkII. The mustangs have a similar thing fitted to the air hose between the airbox and t/b
Rodderz your a funny guy sounds logical??, they were both MKII and manuals and both sedans.(xr8/gt that is)
thanks for the imput

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.