GT0140 Auto Transmission Change Take II - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2005, 00:39   #1 (permalink)
FPV GT Owner

GT0140 Auto Transmission Change Take II

Well, I have finally convinced my dealer to fit another new transmission to my GT today. 94,000km and 2 replacement Auto Transmissions.

My question to people out there is how many GT Auto Boxes have been stuffing up?

Ford sent me a bullshit letter after I rang and complained about wanting to see something in writing about warranty of the box after my warranty expiry only to say the following crap "Repairs were recommended and performed on the transmission of your vehicle. It was then test driven and diagnosed as operating to manufacturers specifications and similar to other vehicles in the model line"

So how many othe GT auto's are taking up to 3 seconds to change into reverse and rolling over 100 metres before down changing from 2nd into 1st at 50km/h.

They continued with "You should have no cause for concern with the durability of your vehicle in the long term."

Well tell me why my dealer has agreed to change the transmission and it is happening as I type.

The worst part of this letter was the fact that the registration and dealer mentioned in the letter were both wrong, so at least one other GT owner out there is also as pissed off at FPV/Ford as I am want to hear something positive from Ford but they stll fail.

Also note, this is the second Diff going into the vehicle and the fourth time the diff has had to have repairs, the car rear was covered in Diff Oil which could only be polished off. The car has never run the 1/4, only Dyno'ed once (241.7kw), track run once on the Drive Day and only used 2 1/2 sets of rear tyres in 94,000km so it has been treated nice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2005, 04:23   #2 (permalink)
SHAKEN, not stirred

Re: GT0140 Auto Transmission Change Take II

I had the fun of driving down Bulli Pass at 85Kays and the sound of every bolt spitting around inside the motor greeted me. All the balancing weights on the convertor let go, and smashed around inside the housing. New convertor and housing. I had previously experienced flaring, and a new valve body was reffited.
A new diff is on order.
Have a listen to the file it will send shivers down your spine
It is in excell format, open up and play

Regards
Paul
Attached Files
File Type: xls scary.xls (64.5 KB, 29 views)

check our website
www.fpvclub.com

BA GT....CITRIC, with its own set of black skidmarks along the sides. and boost fed from a set of pulleys.
Happiness is a Blown GT and the lovely Lizzie by my Side
Paul V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 21:19   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGROMS.com
Well, I have finally convinced my dealer to fit another new transmission to my GT today. 94,000km and 2 replacement Auto Transmissions.

My question to people out there is how many GT Auto Boxes have been stuffing up?

Ford sent me a bullshit letter after I rang and complained about wanting to see something in writing about warranty of the box after my warranty expiry only to say the following crap "Repairs were recommended and performed on the transmission of your vehicle. It was then test driven and diagnosed as operating to manufacturers specifications and similar to other vehicles in the model line"

So how many othe GT auto's are taking up to 3 seconds to change into reverse and rolling over 100 metres before down changing from 2nd into 1st at 50km/h.

They continued with "You should have no cause for concern with the durability of your vehicle in the long term."

Well tell me why my dealer has agreed to change the transmission and it is happening as I type.

The worst part of this letter was the fact that the registration and dealer mentioned in the letter were both wrong, so at least one other GT owner out there is also as pissed off at FPV/Ford as I am want to hear something positive from Ford but they stll fail.

Also note, this is the second Diff going into the vehicle and the fourth time the diff has had to have repairs, the car rear was covered in Diff Oil which could only be polished off. The car has never run the 1/4, only Dyno'ed once (241.7kw), track run once on the Drive Day and only used 2 1/2 sets of rear tyres in 94,000km so it has been treated nice.
I notice you have some mods and not trying to be smart but these will shorten the life of the auto as will driving style,sure its only a few KW, and I would agree they should take a bit more than your mods and prolly your driving style even if it is "spirited" (not saying that it is). I have a relaxed driving style and no mods and my auto remains perfect after 36000km.
Old 08-29-2005, 22:53   #4 (permalink)
FPV GT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Red
I notice you have some mods and not trying to be smart but these will shorten the life of the auto as will driving style,sure its only a few KW, and I would agree they should take a bit more than your mods and prolly your driving style even if it is "spirited" (not saying that it is). I have a relaxed driving style and no mods and my auto remains perfect after 36000km.
5% power difference doesn't shorten the life of an auto box to less than 30,000km, the mods are for noise more than power. Power/Torque only makes a difference if you are using the extra power/torque, not just because it is available for use
Old 08-30-2005, 00:25   #5 (permalink)
SHAKEN, not stirred

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGROMS.com
5% power difference doesn't shorten the life of an auto box to less than 30,000km, the mods are for noise more than power. Power/Torque only makes a difference if you are using the extra power/torque, not just because it is available for use
We all are aware that the FPV V8 range of autos are manufactured to handle 290kw and 520 nm.
It is not as though as soon as you punch 291 or 521 they then self destruct. Even though the manufacturers will not admit it freely these units will and do accept higher power figures, by how much?....... thats a good question, but 5% for example (14 extra kw's 26 nm) will not casue a gearbox fatality. More importantly, if for warranty preccedings if it is proven that there is more than the quoted power/ torque being applied this is where things could get hairy.

The two conditions I mentioned, the flaring of the auto's was a hit and miss condition, it was not caused by "modding up" or driver style, some auto's experienced others didnt. The convertor weights was just one of thoese things.............. But why mine ?????????

Regards
Paul

check our website
www.fpvclub.com

BA GT....CITRIC, with its own set of black skidmarks along the sides. and boost fed from a set of pulleys.
Happiness is a Blown GT and the lovely Lizzie by my Side
Paul V is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum