GTHO to Slow. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2003, 00:33   #1 (permalink)
X-DM!!

GTHO to Slow.

I know Zetec has mentioned this in his thread as well but I thought it might be interesting to read the article for yourselfs. As a few of you have said what would MM know anyway. I agree!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gtho go slow.JPG (56.1 KB, 382 views)
rod c is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2003, 01:11   #2 (permalink)
Experienced Ford Member

Re: GTHO to Slow.

Just another reason why ford cant keep up with holden. Should not have expected anything else its been happening for years and obviously with the line up that holden are releasing they are going to keep dominating.
WINGED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 01:38   #3 (permalink)
I am a Turbo Wanker

SO be it, as long as Ford keep making excellent cars theres no reason to beat Holden. The cars are so fast today that going any faster won't be a major necessity.

However that article contradicts itself. How can there be talk of what the engine will be when its apparrently "not even a blip on FPV's radar" and it "has no business plan".

Someones telling porkies.
Old 10-22-2003, 01:50   #4 (permalink)

But they've got the business plan for Territory well sorted out haven't they? Stupid move Ford. Very very stupid.
Old 10-22-2003, 02:36   #5 (permalink)
A shit load of Dim Sims

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cancerman
But they've got the business plan for Territory well sorted out haven't they? Stupid move Ford. Very very stupid.
Why is it stupid? Think about it, Ford release the GTHO with 300+kw's in a years time, not long after Holden release their Gen IV with more power (as they already know how much the GTHO is producing), suddenly the GTHO is a slug and Holden has beaten them again.

Ford should hold off until the Gen IV's are out, that way they know how much the GTS will produce and be able to match it or beat it.

Good planning I say.
skip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 03:54   #6 (permalink)

The article says the GTHO isn't due for at least another 2 years.

Besides, if the GTHO is released with engine I hope it will be released with, the death of the Gen4 will be just pulley swap away. 400hp now. 500hp when the Gen4 comes out. I like my plan better.
Old 10-22-2003, 04:25   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

I actually agree with cancerman to a degree .. I think as a marketing flagship the HO should be out sooner rather than later.
People may talk 8's and drive 6's .. but they talk Holden 8s or Ford 8s ... they aspire to the 8 whether they get one or not and at this time, Holden own the 8 market ( for outright speed anyway, vehicle dynamics notwithstanding )
The downside I spose is that the current GT GT-P owners will get a financial raping when it does come out.
xacoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 04:37   #8 (permalink)
Faster than Zyrtec

Hmmm. Face it, if the GTHO was released too soon, all we would hear would be more complaints on what Ford should have done as compared to what it did.
dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 04:47   #9 (permalink)

Wow, cool I got xacoupe agreeing with me! When will u begin to accept my infinite wisdom dave_au?

And to answer you, any car released will draw criticism. These days journos will criticise the click of a door handle. But as long as the GTHO was faster than the fastest HSV at its time of release, it can only do good for Ford fans.
Old 10-22-2003, 06:39   #10 (permalink)
{';'}

I've usually stayed quiet on this topic but I can't keep myself anymore! If you don't like my opinion, then I don't really give a flying duck!

People are whinging that Ford haven't released the "almighty GTHO". Well, to me, this almighty machine needs to live up to all car-enthusiast's expectations: Ford fans, Holden fans, any fan who remembers or knows about this true muscle car. It needs to be respected from day one. It can't roll out and only pump 10 more kws than Holden's finest, nor can it only handle better or just look better. Sure kws isn't what counts to a true car enthusiast, but to your regular naive Joe, it sure means a lot.

A half-arsed rushed effort by Ford is not going to be decent. Face the facts, the BA was only released approximately 12 months ago. Give them time if they plan on making a good job of it.

Back in the days, the legendary GTHO was the world's fastest four-door production car (early '70s). To release a GTHO that is going to be outdone by Holden in two months is going to be worthless - a joke to the GTHO name. This thing needs to reign for many, many, many months (wishful thinking sees years). Unbeatable for a long, long time, to be trule worthy and respected, of course, all in my humble opinion.

Having the fastest four-door production car in the world is pretty unlikely for Ford at the moment. Have a look at what they're up against! I know it's not the aim, but thinking that once the GTHO was, is something to consider. I only say this, to reiterate my point in what it has to live up to. Being up there and having what counts (although it is definitely hard to define what should), is what's going to live up to the old GTHO name. Even if it costs over $100K.

This car needs to be rare. This car needs to be unbeatable, unmatched and far superior to anything Holden (I only say Holden as it's Ford Oz's direct rival in this market) has ever produced. Otherwise leave it alone, and stick on a T-series style badge for now.

All I am trying to say is, if it's going to be rushed, it's going to be crap. If it's going to be crap, we're going to have a lot more whingers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundeep
Eh Yagz, suck my left teste mate I'll have boost for $1k, even if it is only 1 pound.

Check my ride, HERE
XRated is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum