GTHO - What do YOU want?
Well, if Ford really do read these forums, and seeing as everyone's saying it's too late to change the GT, now would be a good time to dream about what you want the GTHO to be.
Be careful, we're talking about a legend here. Try to keep it simple and realistic. (yeah, I want the bloody SHAKER but it ain't gonna happen, so please NO MORE SHAKER!!!)
Seeing as the original was pretty much a race car with a rego sticker, I want:
* Weight reduction - carbon fibre bonnets and interior, light race seats, less NHV padding, run flat tyres...
* BIG horsepower engine, definitely over 300kW (screw Holden's power truce, they have their HRT 427). Bottom end not as important as it's meant to be a race car, but it MUST have big torque, which is a Falcon trademark. High revving 5.4/4.6 (supercharged?)
* Bulletproof drivetrain that'll easily cope with more power (T56 gearbox?)
* Suspension tuned more towards handling than comfort, with very little safety understeer. (Adjustable shocks?)
* Reduced steering assist, to the point of being heavy at low speeds. The journos r saying the current steering is over assisted.
* Modern driver aids - trac control (different threshold), shift light, HUD, more readouts in the ICC (injector duty cycle, A/F mixture, throttle position, etc), oil pressure & voltage gauges
* "Power mode" that runs lean for more power during racing
* Good pedals for heel-toeing
* Price should b around $100k.